• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,840 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, spreads said:

Wow those are not books you see everyday; there must be a story there and I'm sure you have access to a lot more!  Definitely one of the pros of setting-up at the shows, odd person that comes up to you. 

Basically he’s in his 70’s and has been collecting for quite a while. Bought a lot of good stuff in the early 2000’s 

The usual plan most of us have, sell when you’re retired. Turns out he has no interest in selling online or shows so wants to go the easier route. Selling is like work, and he’s done working! I’m happy to help him out 

I wasn't serious by the way, just noting that the book was quite the timely find. No pun intended there either. But really, finding that book in the wild among such a disparate lot of comics on the same weekend the character's namesake is used in a Netflix series that just released is absurd. 

3 hours ago, darkstar said:

I wasn't serious by the way, just noting that the book was quite the timely find. No pun intended there either. But really, finding that book in the wild among such a disparate lot of comics on the same weekend the character's namesake is used in a Netflix series that just released is absurd. 

I watched the first epi of Jessica Jones and never connected the 2 until I read your post. The USA is the only book I sold out of the lot, it will help me pay for round 2.

Socko!

BEAB036D-A6C9-422F-85C0-F8F63752F8A1.jpeg

19 hours ago, Quicksilver Signs said:

I watched the first epi of Jessica Jones and never connected the 2 until I read your post. The USA is the only book I sold out of the lot, it will help me pay for round 2.

Socko!

BEAB036D-A6C9-422F-85C0-F8F63752F8A1.jpeg

I do believe his backpack on the show was yellow and blue.  I thought it was an odd selection at the time.  I also had to explain the name to my wife, who was thoroughly confused between the Flash, Quicksilver, and the Whizzer.

9 minutes ago, underthebigw said:

I do believe his backpack on the show was yellow and blue.  I thought it was an odd selection at the time.  I also had to explain the name to my wife, who was thoroughly confused between the Flash, Quicksilver, and the Whizzer.

He also had a yellow shirt. 

Not bad for a $1.50.....at the used book store, I'm really starting to like this place :)

Is this eclipse a Dave Stevens? And is it first print? I didn't remember the "biweekly only 50 cents" ???

20180312_163910.jpg

10 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Not bad for a $1.50.....at the used book store, I'm really starting to like this place :)

Is this eclipse a Dave Stevens? And is it first print? I didn't remember the "biweekly only 50 cents" ???

20180312_163910.jpg

according to mcs, yep 1st print so you're all good!

44 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

20180312_163910.jpg

Yes, it's a Dave Stevens. You can tell from the writing on the wall in the lower left corner which says "Dave Stevens 1986". ;) Sweet book!