• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,806 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Ah I had to go back and look, but your right, it's the highest priced item. 

I am just hesitant to go back this weekend for the higher % off, because the road my HPB is on is the same as the Patty's Day parade....

Sometimes you can find a friendly clerk who will help you out. Last time they had these 7 day sales, I went in and looked at a book and was going to check out with the 40% off coupon on Saturday. I just happened to mention to the clerk that I was thinking about waiting until the next day so I could use the 50% off coupon, but was afraid that the book would be gone, and he went ahead and rang it up at 50% off for me. They have some leeway, so if you're a regular and friendly with your store, they may help you out.

10 hours ago, darkstar said:

You must have grabbed those from one of the stores south of downtown, northern suburbs stores haven't gotten anything good like that in years. Niles maybe, but that store doesn't price books like that. 

hm

You're in Chicago-land?

Awhile ago I picked up a MAD magazine and other types of magazines for pretty cheap.  I bought it and kind of flipped through quickly and put it away for another day.  I decided to take another peek and found this...MAD #195 from 1977...Double Cover!  I have no idea if "valuable" or what but it is the first double cover I have come across in the wild so thought I would share.

MAD 2.jpg

26 minutes ago, Aweandlorder said:

Ever thought about how rare it would be to find Mad magazines in NM? even copper ones... Mostly because almost everyone folded those damn Al Jaffee back covers in the back.. 

Remarkably, neither of those on the back are folded...

1 hour ago, Wall-Crawler said:

Remarkably, neither of those on the back are folded...

None of mine are folded. I have bought every issue up to #500 off the stands. I always gently rolled the covers to get the gag but never folded or creased any of mine. Sadly, probably even in nm, un-folded condition, they aren't worth much.

1 hour ago, Robot Man said:

None of mine are folded. I have bought every issue up to #500 off the stands. I always gently rolled the covers to get the gag but never folded or creased any of mine. Sadly, probably even in nm, un-folded condition, they aren't worth much.

I have a mag box full of Cracked and Mad I read half to death growing up.priceless.

I got this in a charity shop recently and did it last night. I had it when it first came out 100 years ago.

It was narf hard.

20180315_205013.thumb.jpg.ae14b433db8f79943633d72f862aa014.jpg

On 3/14/2018 at 11:42 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Thanks! That sounds cool, I'll inquire tomorrow. Also my HPB was offering a 10% off coupon if you sold something to them, with no minimum, I took a $1 reader sold it for a quarter. The 10% off coupon was good to use once until November, mehyou never know when it could come in handy....

They will pretty much always give you the 10% off one item if you just ask. I've also been told they will negotiate. But the right person has to be there. Usually meaning the comic value assigner.

Edited by ygogolak

13 hours ago, ygogolak said:

They will pretty much always give you the 10% off one item if you just ask. I've also been told they will negotiate. But the right person has to be there. Usually meaning the comic value assigner.

They will unless the assigner is like one of them here. He can't grade to save his life and overprices everything by at least 40%.