• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,840 posts in this topic

I have said it before and I will say it again.  This is by far the best thread on the forum.  Seeing all older books in here really started me on the path to collecting and be on the look out for them.  So many classic covers.

18 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:

Nothing special at the flea market today but did find a cd case full of Beatles cds for $12 and a ninja blender for $40

5C723106-8140-465A-81F4-14E3D02D0BB2.jpeg

For some reason my 19 yr old son likes Vampirella.  Don't know why........lol

6 hours ago, Gatchaman said:

I can think of two reasons.

7 hours ago, Gatchaman said:

Probably for the same two reasons that I still like her at 55. I bought her 5ft tall poster back in the late 70's/early 80's. I'll have to dig that up, I've got it stored with my Frazetta (I think) posters and all of my old Eerie, Creepy, Rook, and Vampirella magazines. 

On 4/1/2018 at 10:22 AM, jsilverjanet said:

Nothing special at the flea market today but did find a cd case full of Beatles cds for $12 and a ninja blender for $40

5C723106-8140-465A-81F4-14E3D02D0BB2.jpeg

Really like the Vengeance of Vampirella #1 cover, the green blood is 2nd print, but for some reason the green blood just looks better to me than the red of 1st print. Nice pick-ups!!

Just now, Maverickcomics said:

Picked up about six long boxes last night from a collection I mentioned in another thread. Didn't get to look through them yet, the anticipation is killing me, but I have a general idea. 1 box is all old gold key mystery/sci fi. 3 are all bronze/silver horror. The 2 shorts are golden/silver coverless. And the last is a mix of silver stuff.

I'll post more when I get home tonight.

20180402_213048.jpg

Treasure hunt, love it! It's always so exciting to have a collection all to yourself, ready for you to dig through and discover.

@F For Fake yeah the hunt is all thats left for me. By the time I get the books rebagged and boarded the rush has worn off. Plus im too busy to sell anything so it all piles up until one day when I can hopefully find the time. 

I've still got about 200 boxes to go through at his place. Me and a buddy are looking to wrap that up this weekend. If all goes well and we finish maybe I'll clue the board into where its all at.

Edited by Maverickcomics

3 minutes ago, Maverickcomics said:

@F For Fake yeah the hunt is all thats left for me. By the time I get the books rebagged and boarded the rush has worn off. Plus im too busy to sell anything so it all piles up until one day when I can hopefully find the time. 

I've still got about 200 boxes to go through at his place. Me and a buddy are looking to wrap that up this weekend. If all goes well and we finish maybe I'll clue the board into where its all at.

I get it. I bought a 40 box collection back before Christmas and I'm just now getting into selling. Sorting it took forever, But still, digging is such a blast.

1 hour ago, Wall-Crawler said:

Nothing major but picked up a few nice books while out antiquing with my wife over long weekend. Adventure Comics my fave find/rescue. Always fun to hunt.

20180403_112605.jpg

IMG_20180403_113726.jpg

20180403_110205.jpg

The Oath is a great read, and gotta love the AH Vampis too!

30 minutes ago, Nuttzo said:

I couldn't believe I found this on Good Friday. I got out of work early and went by the flea market to grab a CD. Saw a stack of Ghost Rider books, mostly the 90s series with a few of the first series. Then I spotted this beauty. I probably could have gave him 50 for the whole stack, but just ended up grabbing this for 100.

20180330_155320.jpg

Looks nice too! Congrats