• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
60 60

15,838 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

looks like a little sunfading action.still fun though!And for a buck?Right on!

I might be in competition with a guy who works there, just fyi... I've found some good stuff that he rang up and commented that he couldn't believe he didn't see them. He's not the owner. The other day there was a full run of "Identity Crisis" with Michael Turner covers. They weren't there today. I didn't pick them up because I can see someone actually picking them up to read and I knew the story line wasn't big on my list and hey, if they were all in one place, let someone else enjoy them right? I asked him if he picked them up, explained a little about Michael Turner, he already knew a bit; I was trying to establish common place or ground, and suggested we could share the spoils. If I can't beat them join'em! He didn't have great personal skills or personality, so I don't know if I was successful in my venture, he ended the conversation by saying that he is taking the time to put them in alphabetical order..... uhhuh, which translates to I'm looking through them daily lol :foryou:

3 minutes ago, 01TheDude said:

5b16eb4fe129666677e683ee4594ae38_l.jpg

seems faded... all the yellows are really washed out

It's better than I thought that it was, if you look at mine, it still has green splotches around the middle dinobot's left arm and right arm shadow, I was afraid of color touch..... but it is sunfade for the win!

16 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Surprised this was on page 2...:bump:

First dinobots for a $1? Eh, why not?-- used bookstore ;)

Did this cover always look so faded?

20180415_145503.jpg

19 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

It's better than I thought that it was, if you look at mine, it still has green splotches around the middle dinobot's left arm and right arm shadow, I was afraid of color touch..... but it is sunfade for the win!

honestly, it looks more like a printing error/issue than fading but it's hard to tell because the photo is so crappy :foryou:.  looks like the ink levels were low to me.  i would think the whole book would be evenly washed out if it was fading

2 minutes ago, Sal said:

honestly, it looks more like a printing error/issue than fading but it's hard to tell because the photo is so crappy :foryou:.  looks like the ink levels were low to me.  i would think the whole book would be evenly washed out if it was fading

:roflmao:you don't like my quick pick? ha! It definitely looks as though no yellow was added, and the blue is supposed to be green but with the absence of yellow....except for the splotches.

Does that get a qualified label? I forget...(not that I was going to sub, just curious:foryou:)

Here are some highlights of a local collection I picked up super cheap a few weeks ago.  There was a TON of DREK in it, but also some low grade/G to VG Marvel and DC, mostly Strange Tales, Tales to Astonish, Tales of Suspense, and then Batman/Superman/World's Finest on the DC side.  Some series went into Bronze Copper too which is where the DREK obviously was.  Here are some highlights of the copper gems and an Animal Man.  There was also a DC Comics Presents 26 in there but I'm not sure where I put it at the moment.  The silver stuff is in a lot worse shape but there are some decent books in there like TTA 57, first Whiplash, first Abomination, etc., plus the price is right.

Coppers.jpg

Is there a statue of limitations on this thread?  I picked up two other collections, but they were from late 2017.  One was from mid-December, the other was a month or two before that.  One of them was a top 3 collection for me.  I can post if there is interest and no timeline rule. 

I really wish I would have been on this thread and keeping up with it sooner.  Probably the best thread on the boards, but it is just amazing how time can get away from you, especially with bagging, boarding, and processing a new collection.  After the work is done it is hard to remember (or have the energy) sometimes to share the experience.

Edited by SkOw

1 hour ago, SkOw said:

Is there a statue of limitations on this thread?  I picked up two other collections, but they were from late 2017.  One was from mid-December, the other was a month or two before that.  One of them was a top 3 collection for me.  I can post if there is interest and no timeline rule. 

I really wish I would have been on this thread and keeping up with it sooner.  Probably the best thread on the boards, but it is just amazing how time can get away from you, especially with bagging, boarding, and processing a new collection.  After the work is done it is hard to remember (or have the energy) sometimes to share the experience.

If you have the pics I say go for it (thumbsu

Sometimes the story is relished more than the books! I assume that you sell the ones you already have or don't fit your collecting focus? 

Picked up some easy Copper/Modern flips at the flea market yesterday including some cool newsstands.

But the find of the day for me was a half dozen of the double-novel flip paperbacks. Those are so cool. Two new-to-me PKD stories to read on the commute, among others!

22 hours ago, SkOw said:

Not at all. If you found a good collection especially with a good story and pics, let us all live large through you!