• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
60 60

15,840 posts in this topic

whenever I venture into a flea market or antique mall books are priced 300,000,000% over what any reasonable person would price stuff at. And mind you this was happening in the late 80 early 90s so much so that I just avoid those places toady and have for years

Edited by NoMan

I am hoping that when my son surveyed the field at our neighborhood yard sale he was diligent in finding anyone selling comics (he didn't report any comics, just some potential lego purchases we rejected). A few years ago my neighbor had some comics out -- ASM 300, SW 8, and ASM 252, and they were not sold by the end of the day. True, she knew they were worth something and may have asked for real money (and they were mid-grade). She wound up just giving them to me because she knows I collect (and I do favors for her like bring in her trash cans sometimes and occasionally shovel her snow if it is only a little).

4 hours ago, the blob said:

I am hoping that when my son surveyed the field at our neighborhood yard sale he was diligent in finding anyone selling comics (he didn't report any comics, just some potential lego purchases we rejected). A few years ago my neighbor had some comics out -- ASM 300, SW 8, and ASM 252, and they were not sold by the end of the day. True, she knew they were worth something and may have asked for real money (and they were mid-grade). She wound up just giving them to me because she knows I collect (and I do favors for her like bring in her trash cans sometimes and occasionally shovel her snow if it is only a little).

Task and you shall receive.:bigsmile:

Hit up the flea market/consignment store yesterday that almost crushed me 6 months ago.  I let the dust settle (literally) so the store owner could get stuff situated and forget about all the chaos.  I spent 6 hours digging thru 300 long boxes and we still couldn’t agree on a price for the stupid overstock extravaganza (he was at $7,500 and I couldn’t justify more then $5,000).  Oh well - I did grab 4 long boxes of choice stuff that I either missed the 1st time or the books have gone up since.  I can’t believe how sore I am after moving around 300 long boxes but I’ll eventually get up and post some pictures.  I did have a smile on my face all day yesterday - just is nothing like flipping thru books all day.

Edited by 1Cool

On 4/30/2018 at 6:54 PM, oakman29 said:

Buying is WAY better than selling.:applause:

I dunno... there were plenty of instances where I was much happier selling something off than I was originally buying it lol 

23 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

Hit up the flea market/consignment store yesterday that almost crushed me 6 months ago.  I let the dust settle (literally) so the store owner could get stuff situated and forget about all the chaos.

I'm surprised he let you back in after the damage you caused to his books. 

4 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:
On 4/30/2018 at 5:54 PM, oakman29 said:

Buying is WAY better than selling.:applause:

I dunno... there were plenty of instances where I was much happier selling something off than I was originally buying it lol 

I’ve heard this said about boats in particular, but I think it applies to damn near everything: “The two happiest days in a boat owner’s life are the day you buy it and the day you sell it.”

42 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

Probably because he said it was his rickety, cheap shelves that caused the avalanche of boxes.  He got some industrial grade shelves and not one issue.

12 minutes ago, 1Cool said:
57 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

Probably because he said it was his rickety, cheap shelves that caused the avalanche of boxes.  He got some industrial grade shelves and not one issue.

Did the "rickety, cheap shelves" collapse before or after you became involved? 

32 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

Did the "rickety, cheap shelves" collapse before or after you became involved? 

Fell before me but completely collapsed during my visit.

Ugh - I’m going to need some more bags and boards.  Nothing really key but grabbed 10-15 sets of Infinity War, nice stack of Venom Protector 2-6.  Been looking everywhere for high grade issues of 4-6 and I stumbled upon a stack of each.  Eternal 1 and 2 were cleared out but got 3 or 4 nice high grade copies of the other issues.  Not sure why I bought so many Raiders of the Lost Ark 1-3 but they do sell pretty quick in higher grades.  Biggest buy was for a stack of 46 VF to NM copies of X-Men 143.  Even if the movie rumors are false I got them in bulk so the price was more then right.  Always fun to look over a days worth of comics but now comes the hard part of rebagging and boarding the mess since most are still in original bags and they are melty yellow.

7D398959-AFD7-439C-9F61-05B88B4CF315.jpeg

Edited by 1Cool

21 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

Ugh - I’m going to need some more bags and boards.  Nothing really key but grabbed 10-15 sets of Infinity War, nice stack of Venom Protector 2-6.  Been looking everywhere for high grade issues of 4-6 and I stumbled upon a stack of each.  Eternal 1 and 2 were cleared out but got 3 or 4 nice high grade copies of the other issues.  Not sure why I bought so many Raiders of the Lost Ark 1-3 but they do sell pretty quick in higher grades.  Biggest buy was for a stack of 46 VF to NM copies of X-Men 143.  Even if the movie rumors are false I got them in bulk so the price was more then right.  Always fun to look over a days worth of comics but now comes the hard part of rebagging and boarding the mess since most are still in original bags and they are melty yellow.

Where was this?