• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,805 posts in this topic

Nothing crazy but I did pick up a few books from the antique mall that previously never had books before. Even though the score wasn't big I always enjoy going through books. This one was fun because there was a lot of Conans to look at. I thought He-Man was a winner as it looked really clean but it had some foxing on the back cover.

IMG_7389.JPG

1 hour ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

Nothing crazy but I did pick up a few books from the antique mall that previously never had books before. Even though the score wasn't big I always enjoy going through books. This one was fun because there was a lot of Conans to look at. I thought He-Man was a winner as it looked really clean but it had some foxing on the back cover.

IMG_7389.JPG

Nice, what antique mall was it?

5 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Thanks. A bit out of my hood though. Antique malls rare have anything good around here any more. Especially comics.

It’s pretty slim pickings over here too. I did find these at a different antique store earlier today. Bitter sweet as these were the only books he had set aside. The rest someone cleared him out of everything. 

562A05D1-61C6-4596-95F7-317A55FF883E.jpeg

Edited by STORMSHADOW_80

My LCS has started giving me leads on collections. I am looking at one today. Anyone have this sort of relationship with their LCS? Do you pay them if the leads turn out well? Or should I just throw him some good books from the lot for free for the lead? 

29 minutes ago, rsouxlja7 said:

My LCS has started giving me leads on collections. I am looking at one today. Anyone have this sort of relationship with their LCS? Do you pay them if the leads turn out well? Or should I just throw him some good books from the lot for free for the lead? 

I give them AOL trial CDs to make into cool store mobiles.

1 hour ago, rsouxlja7 said:

I'm assuming your LCS doesn't deal in back issues, only subscriptions for new books?!?

3 hours ago, rsouxlja7 said:

A finder's fee is definitely worthwhile if you want to keep that relationship healthy.  I'd pay in cash... the store owner would rather have money, and you'd rather keep your keys.

4 hours ago, rsouxlja7 said:

I offer a 10% finders fee to pretty much everyone I know or deal with.  Keeps them calling me where they know they will get free cash.  Problem is most people in my area want to keep the collections and sell the books themselves so i don't get many calls.

Edited by 1Cool