• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,805 posts in this topic

On 5/24/2018 at 2:23 PM, 1Cool said:

I offer a 10% finders fee to pretty much everyone I know or deal with.  Keeps them calling me where they know they will get free cash.  Problem is most people in my area want to keep the collections and sell the books themselves so i don't get many calls.

I also offer shops a 10% finders fee.  If you want to keep these deals coming, cut the shop owner in!

I finally got a chance to hit some garage sales. Went to a city wide sale where typically comics are as rare as hens teeth, but I was able to find a couple of comics for a dollar each. The Huckleberry Hound is No. 39 from 1969 and the Donald Duck is one of a type I've never heard of being a European version and all. It is strange how "sleepy" from the Seven Dwarves is on the cover instead of Donald, but when I got it home I realized it was not in English. I've posted the front cover, back cover, and indicia of this one in the hopes that someone here would be able to tell me a little bit about it.

Huckleberry Hound 039 FC.jpg

Donald Duck 052 FC Netherlands.jpg

Donald Duck 052 IN Netherlands.jpg

Donald Duck 052 RC Netherlands.jpg

1 hour ago, Robot Man said:

It is from Sweden. Disney has always been huge there.

Actually, it's Dutch... published in Haarlem (as seen on the indicia page) and distributed in both the Netherlands and Belgium (from cover prices).

On 5/24/2018 at 2:25 AM, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

It’s pretty slim pickings over here too. I did find these at a different antique store earlier today. Bitter sweet as these were the only books he had set aside. The rest someone cleared him out of everything. 

562A05D1-61C6-4596-95F7-317A55FF883E.jpeg

Nice run GI Joes???

20 hours ago, mrwoogieman said:

I hit four garage sales on Saturday morning that advertised comics. There were some junky comics, nothing worth buying.

Just trying to balance the scales for those who think that it's easy pickings!

Did you try waking the owners up at midnight to find the good stuff not being put out for sale?  Make sure to wear a black mask to keep your head and face warm, with a large sack that you'll use to hold the comics you buy.

Edited by spreads