• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,807 posts in this topic

Was it a knowledgeable "dealer" at the show or someone with a box full of old books.  Curious minds want to know.

3 hours ago, topcat54 said:

Believe it or not I found this at a flea market in Florida. Yes I had to have it and it is now on the way to CGC. No I am listing the price I paid.

I will be going back to take pics for ROBOT MAN in a couple weeks some really cool stuff only he would know what it is lol and may want some .

ih scan.jpg

Oh man, my favorite SA Marvel! Not every book is a buck or two at a flea market, but often still way under valued. I love the people, when I ask the price, that use the word "each". That is usually a green light for me to dig. Don't take pics at the show if it is what it sounds like, just buy all you can, take them home then show photos!  :devil:   Congrats on a great book. Hope you read it before you sent it off for it's plastic coffin...

Well I kinda read it. This book has been there for over 2 yrs. I ask every time I see him. He has box's of books of books .He owned 3 stores in the Gainesville,Ocala area he got this one in the 80's in a trade for a box of original Star Wars toys.He still has a store and has tons of old comics and alot of the 70's underground comics. Told me he even has complete sets of the old tobacco cards ( baseball , football etc.) I will take pics next time I am there.

7 hours ago, topcat54 said:

Believe it or not I found this at a flea market in Florida. Yes I had to have it and it is now on the way to CGC. No I am listing the price I paid.

I will be going back to take pics for ROBOT MAN in a couple weeks some really cool stuff only he would know what it is lol and may want some .

ih scan.jpg

Congrats. Nice stamp to boot. Winning

Not here to win but just to say don't give up hope and make sure you have the money on you when the price is right.

once bought 36 avon box's full of silver from the original owner Yes pedigree material Justice League 1 up to 100 and a ton of others for $ 500.00 I think 1998 cherry picked what I wanted and the wife was determined to get rid of the rest and I sold for 1k the guy I sold to cherry picked and still sold the rest to Dark Adventures in Atl. for :facepalm: $ 27,000.00 store I totally screwed the pouch on that one.

My life story :frustrated: 

3 minutes ago, topcat54 said:

Not here to win but just to say don't give up hope and make sure you have the money on you when the price is right.

once bought 36 avon box's full of silver from the original owner Yes pedigree material Justice League 1 up to 100 and a ton of others for $ 500.00 I think 1998 cherry picked what I wanted and the wife was determined to get rid of the rest and I sold for 1k the guy I sold to cherry picked and still sold the rest to Dark Adventures in Atl. for :facepalm: $ 27,000.00 store I totally screwed the pouch on that one.

This is so close to being legible.

18 hours ago, topcat54 said:

So let me get this straight...

You bought the whole load for $500

You cherry picked out what you wanted

You sold the rest to someone for $1000

He cherry picked the ones he wanted

He sold the rest for $27k?

Were you on dope? You must love your wife a lot...   :baiting:

7 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

tumblr_ne2s13JpCx1ry46hlo1_500.gif

26 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

That's what I got out of it also.

9 hours ago, Robot Man said:

In 1998? Add a zero to that pile now. :facepalm:

21 hours ago, Robot Man said:

This is correct and no I wasn't on dope just tired of the nagging to get rid of them :slapfight: