• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,805 posts in this topic

18 minutes ago, Junkdrawer said:

I was beginning to think I’d never find anything like this....ever. To be thumbing through Spideys 125, 126, 127, 128, gulp 129, just took my breath away. I was expecting Allen Funt to pop out.

It to mention an OO having 2 copies of IM 55!

To heck with anybody thinking you ripped off this guy, the minute you try to educate a seller on value you get shut out of the deal, once there’s dollar signs in their eyes. If I spied an AF15 at a garage sale for a buck I’d snatch it up in an instant with zero guilt. Awesome score, congrats!

19 minutes ago, Quicksilver Signs said:

It to mention an OO having 2 copies of IM 55!

To heck with anybody thinking you ripped off this guy, the minute you try to educate a seller on value you get shut out of the deal, once there’s dollar signs in their eyes. If I spied an AF15 at a garage sale for a buck I’d snatch it up in an instant with zero guilt. Awesome score, congrats!

Very true. Its happen to me a few times. You try to be nice and it backfires. Congrats Junkdrawer on the find. I love Comics but amazing events like this keeps me even more motivated. 

11 minutes ago, KryptoMayor said:

Very true. Its happen to me a few times. You try to be nice and it backfires. Congrats Junkdrawer on the find. I love Comics but amazing events like this keeps me even more motivated. 

My motto is deserve it before you desire it. You just don’t show up one week and expect to make such a find. I desperately try to spend money each week and often it can be a challenge. Pocket full o cash and can’t talk a guy down to retail. 

2 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Really dude?  The guy gets up every Sunday at 3:30 to hit a show and finally hits the lottery. He has earned it 1000 times over. Look, at the end of the day you got a happy seller and a happy buyer. What is the crime with that?

Good for you Chris. Enjoy your score. You have earned it!

It's completely regardless who bought the comics, what time of day it was, etc. etc. so you can just exclude that part of the argument.  He was getting a screaming deal, I would have just bought the guy's whole inventory at asking price...when the difference between a discount and not a discount is a fraction of a percent of the aggregate value, who cares?  You're still getting an amazing buy and you're doing the seller a better service by taking everything off his hands.  I never suggested educating the buyer or paying more than advertised as some posters alluded to, just buy the whole lot and be done with it. 

In the business world where deals involving millions of dollars are made, companies don't give a mess who pays for the tab at the bar...

Edited by spreads

5 hours ago, Junkdrawer said:

One of my best days this summer. OO told me he began collecting these starting in 1967. Decided to price them as in the photo. You can figure what I paid simple enough.

image.jpg

I'm happy Junk won this one, but wow... only in Boston.

5 minutes ago, FineCollector said:

Small flea market haul.  The Hulk is low grade, but $2 was the right price to scratch it off my list.

20180708_141206.jpg

Nice.Love the Epics!And that it was close(enough,I guess lol ) to home makes me double happy.

5 hours ago, Junkdrawer said:

I was beginning to think I’d never find anything like this....ever. To be thumbing through Spideys 125, 126, 127, 128, gulp 129, just took my breath away. I was expecting Allen Funt to pop out.

That haul is just freakin’ amazing! Congrats doesn’t do it justice.?

5 hours ago, spreads said:

It's completely regardless who bought the comics, what time of day it was, etc. etc. so you can just exclude that part of the argument.  He was getting a screaming deal, I would have just bought the guy's whole inventory at asking price...when the difference between a discount and not a discount is a fraction of a percent of the aggregate value, who cares?  You're still getting an amazing buy and you're doing the seller a better service by taking everything off his hands.  I never suggested educating the buyer or paying more than advertised as some posters alluded to, just buy the whole lot and be done with it. 

In the business world where deals involving millions of dollars are made, companies don't give a mess who pays for the tab at the bar...

Would you still say that if he had 5 long boxes of worthless drek?  I don’t get the whole buy everything angle, seems to me the seller was fine selling at his asking price and the discount was in his ask

it is as if we need a rule to never reveal the price you paid on anything in this thread-- it gets so many people running to claim moral superiority and try to lay guilt trips on the people sharing their finds.

@Junkdrawer Nice find and that must have been pretty awesome to check out and buy. So many great books!

13 hours ago, Quicksilver Signs said:

Would you still say that if he had 5 long boxes of worthless drek?  I don’t get the whole buy everything angle, seems to me the seller was fine selling at his asking price and the discount was in his ask

5 boxes, sure?  I would have dumped them in a recycling bin somewhere or gave them away.  If he didn't have those and the comics were all from the eras pictured, I would have bought the lot as soon as I saw 1 or 2 comics that held the full value.  And in situations where there could be competing buyers you run the risk of losing books.  Is that what you want?  I don't know how long you've been buying collections, but I guarantee you will encounter that situation and you'll be kicking yourself later for not just buying the damn lot.

And really, is five boxes of drek that bad?  You're saving the seller a lot of headaches trying to dump/sell that stuff for the next 10 years...

I have spurts of hunting, but I have to do a better job of hitting the various flea markets in NJ in the summer! Still, getting up at 3:30 is a little more than I am willing to do.  @Junkdrawer, when do you get to the market? Before sunup or are you driving a bit to this honeyhole?