• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,840 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Bird said:

I have spurts of hunting, but I have to do a better job of hitting the various flea markets in NJ in the summer! Still, getting up at 3:30 is a little more than I am willing to do.  @Junkdrawer, when do you get to the market? Before sunup or are you driving a bit to this honeyhole?

I’m there before 4:30. Some dealers are already set up. Lots of flashlights (iPhone) until the sun comes up. Dealers steadily arriving and setting up til about 6:30. 

Brimfield is this week. Google that. It’s insane. I’m going Wednesday. @Robot Man knows the place well.

16 hours ago, Junkdrawer said:

I’m there before 4:30. Some dealers are already set up. Lots of flashlights (iPhone) until the sun comes up. Dealers steadily arriving and setting up til about 6:30. 

Brimfield is this week. Google that. It’s insane. I’m going Wednesday. @Robot Man knows the place well.

Oh yeah, you lucky dog! :banana: The KING of flea Markets. 5 days of different fields filled with everything old and cool. I always get at least some good comics. It isn't  a comic show though so if that is all you are after, best stay home. Tuesday is opening day and is by far the best day. Starts at around 1:00 am in some fields as trucks are pulling in. Yeah, you gotta have a flashlight and real comfortable shoes. I also highly reccomend May's field on Wednesday. In this show, dealers are allowed to drive in, set up their tables but put nothing out until the gates open to the public. This insures that most people have an equal chance. It is a bit of a feeding frenzy but if you move fast... I have literally walked around with my wallet in my hand. I've found more comics in this field than probably any other. 

We usually go in May. Dealers save up their best stuff all winter for it plus the weather is usually beautiful. July is a bit hot and humid but less dealers overall. If I lived where Chris does, I'd hit both shows plus the one in Sept. 

Have fun Chris, score something good and take some pictures, like a con report for us poor chumps who can't make it!

18 hours ago, Junkdrawer said:

Thank you for the reply! That actually seems like a great way to go about it as you can hit dealers as they arrive. Hmmm. 

So cool :frown: 

I kind of wish they still made those anthology type comic books like the weird war tales. The Twilight Zone/Dark Matter-esque storytelling is always rather engaging to a point, no matter how "weird" the story may be. 

1 hour ago, Skylath said:

So cool :frown: 

I kind of wish they still made those anthology type comic books like the weird war tales. The Twilight Zone/Dark Matter-esque storytelling is always rather engaging to a point, no matter how "weird" the story may be. 

agree-- never knew those existed before seeing the scans here. Interesting covers and then the sudden addition of the GI Robot is just whaaaaat? those have to be crazy stories.

On 7/9/2018 at 8:51 PM, Bird said:

I have spurts of hunting, but I have to do a better job of hitting the various flea markets in NJ in the summer! Still, getting up at 3:30 is a little more than I am willing to do.  @Junkdrawer, when do you get to the market? Before sunup or are you driving a bit to this honeyhole?

What’s a good spot for NJ ? Meadowlands in sat is good , but I usually work - in addrion to the plethora of monthly events ( clifton is great ) any other spots ?

thanks 

adam 

On ‎6‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 12:13 PM, mrwoogieman said:

Picked up a small batch at an estate sale this morning. Here are some of the better books.

IMG_1841.JPG

IMG_1842.JPG

I left my number with the seller about his X-Men 95 up run, and he called today. It's nice when your friendly demeanor can lead to another potential deal!

55 minutes ago, mrwoogieman said:

I left my number with the seller about his X-Men 95 up run, and he called today. It's nice when your friendly demeanor can lead to another potential deal!

Good stuff!

1 hour ago, manetteska said:
2 hours ago, mrwoogieman said:

So all of the books were not put out for sale at the original estate sale?

Correct. While I was looking through what was there, we got to chatting about the hobby, etc., and he said he had sent some of his better books to CGC like Hulk 181, ASM 129, and a X-Men 94. And mentioned that he also had X-Men 95 up to some number that I forget, and that he would be looking to sell that run as well. After I picked out my goodies and we haggled a price, I asked about the other books and he took my name and number and said he'd give me a call.

2 minutes ago, mrwoogieman said:

Correct. While I was looking through what was there, we got to chatting about the hobby, etc., and he said he had sent some of his better books to CGC like Hulk 181, ASM 129, and a X-Men 94. And mentioned that he also had X-Men 95 up to some number that I forget, and that he would be looking to sell that run as well. After I picked out my goodies and we haggled a price, I asked about the other books and he took my name and number and said he'd give me a call.

I'm just here to say hello to mrwoogie.

1 minute ago, porcupine48 said:

I'm just here to say hello to mrwoogie.

:hi:

(:

Called the guy while I was typing that last post. We're meeting this weekend, he has X-Men 95-200 complete and what he calls "a few more semi-key issues" that he had pulled from what he offered at the estate sale. Going to his new house to see the goodies this weekend!