• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,840 posts in this topic

21 hours ago, SOLAR BOY said:

Here is what i found yesterday.  I am in LA visiting a friend and got a call to look at some books.....100+ short boxes....here is what I picked out.....

IMG-1267.jpg

IMG-1266.jpg

IMG-1265.jpg

IMG-1264.jpg

IMG-1263.jpg

IMG-1262.jpg

IMG-1261.jpg

IMG-1260.jpg

IMG-1259.jpg

IMG-1258.JPG

please tell me that the prices on the bags are what the person paid a long time ago, not what you paid now. please. 

On ‎7‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 12:23 PM, SOLAR BOY said:

Here is what i found yesterday.  I am in LA visiting a friend and got a call to look at some books.....100+ short boxes....here is what I picked out.....

IMG-1267.jpg

IMG-1266.jpg

IMG-1265.jpg

IMG-1264.jpg

IMG-1263.jpg

IMG-1262.jpg

IMG-1261.jpg

IMG-1260.jpg

IMG-1259.jpg

IMG-1258.JPG

Wow, great haul!  I'm guessing a guy that posts Harby 1 with Solar in his first pic knew to check for the coupons (although even without coupons I grab em when I see them).  :) 

3 hours ago, Junkdrawer said:

The pharmacy across the street in the old brownstone has a tin ceiling as well. The woodwork it has is original from day one. Shelving, columns, and the draws are all still marked “sulfur”, etc for each of the medicines. Really neat. They still have a fountain that seats about 5 at the bar for ice cream and root beer floats 

Where are you located? I'd love to check this out

8 hours ago, www.alexgross.com said:

please tell me that the prices on the bags are what the person paid a long time ago, not what you paid now. please. 

I didn’t pay a lot for these. I’m happy and the OO is pleased with what he got. Going back in an hour to get some more. 

On 7/11/2018 at 2:16 PM, mrwoogieman said:

:hi:

(:

Called the guy while I was typing that last post. We're meeting this weekend, he has X-Men 95-200 complete and what he calls "a few more semi-key issues" that he had pulled from what he offered at the estate sale. Going to his new house to see the goodies this weekend!

Holy smokes, what nice books this guy has! Unfortunately out of my price range, but I did pick out a nice Punisher limited series 1 that should grade out nicely.

12 minutes ago, yecul said:

Estate sale. Three had price stickers on the book. Two came off ok. but not the 3rd. Any tips?

Not joking,but lighter fluid,must contain naphta,works great.I've used it for years to help take stickers off of record albums and comics/magazines.

Don't set it on fire,obviously.Try applying a little at a time with a Q-tip or something like that,while peeling slowly.It evaporates quickly,so little worry of moisture damage.It will help remove any sticky residue as well.Vodka and other high level alcohol works too,but use sparingly.

Edited by porcupine48

17 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

Not joking,but lighter fluid,must contain naphta,works great.I've used it for years to help take stickers off of record albums and comics/magazines.

Don't set it on fire,obviously.Try applying a little at a time with a Q-tip or something like that,while peeling slowly.It evaporates quickly,so little worry of moisture damage.It will help remove any sticky residue as well.Vodka and other high level alcohol works too,but use sparingly.

Does it leave any tide lines?

18 minutes ago, cortown71 said:

Does it leave any tide lines?

Not sure what you mean?Shouldn't leave any lines.Any residue left behind can be gently rubbed away.

Edit...think I know what you mean.No,not that can't be easily removed,anyways.

Edited by porcupine48

6 hours ago, porcupine48 said:

+1