• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
60 60

15,838 posts in this topic

44 minutes ago, Bronzed Jbone said:

Flipper used to be in the end zone of the Orange Bowl when the Dolphins played there.  Had to get it.

you mean Snowflake?

Two weeks before the Miami Dolphins are to play in the Super Bowl, their mascot, a bottlenose dolphin named Snowflake, is kidnapped. Melissa Robinson, the Dolphins' chief publicist, hires Ventura to find Snowflake

Just kidding--

Flipper was a mascot for the Miami Dolphins from 1966 to 1968.

Edited by 01TheDude

Stumbled across these 3 last week. $20 for all 3. The Flash 218 caught my eye for it's appeal even though I already own one. (It's in the PGM section as I need some experts here to help me with one defect on the back cover.) The What If I remembered as a kid on the newsstand. Since I have the entire Conan run, I thought "why not". The Flash 225 is the shocker. It's at least a 9.4 and I bought it even though it's not on my list but love the Reverse Flash. Little did I know that the book has jumped considerably. 

FLASH218.jpeg

FLASH225.jpeg

WHATIF13.jpeg

I went to a massive community garage sale yesterday - but I slept in a half hour longer than I should have.

By the time I got there I had a look around for comics and couldnt see any. Asked one of the ladies that was running it if they had any, she said there was a pile that sold about 10 minutes prior. She had no idea what was in the pile, so I couldnt even find out what I had missed.

I spent the rest of the day kicking myself haha.

1 hour ago, Shadow said:

Stumbled across these 3 last week. $20 for all 3. The Flash 218 caught my eye for it's appeal even though I already own one. (It's in the PGM section as I need some experts here to help me with one defect on the back cover.) The What If I remembered as a kid on the newsstand. Since I have the entire Conan run, I thought "why not". The Flash 225 is the shocker. It's at least a 9.4 and I bought it even though it's not on my list but love the Reverse Flash. Little did I know that the book has jumped considerably. 

FLASH218.jpeg

FLASH225.jpeg

WHATIF13.jpeg

The Flash 225 is a great cover.  Looks like it's in great shape. 

Patrick 

2 hours ago, Shadow said:

WHATIF13.jpeg

it looks like to me the answer is Conan would get shot at quite a bit - that's what you get bringing a sword to a gun fight, by Crom

but seriously-- was the answer that he ended up working as a Chip 'n Dales dancer?

Edited by 01TheDude

57 minutes ago, 01TheDude said:

it looks like to me the answer is Conan would get shot at quite a bit - that's what you get bringing a sword to a gun fight, by Crom

but seriously-- was the answer that he ended up working as a Chip 'n Dales dancer?

He turns into a mob boss, if I recall.  He doesn't understand the language, so he steals what he needs, and finds criminals willing to follow him.

17 hours ago, SerialGrape said:

I went to a massive community garage sale yesterday - but I slept in a half hour longer than I should have.

By the time I got there I had a look around for comics and couldnt see any. Asked one of the ladies that was running it if they had any, she said there was a pile that sold about 10 minutes prior. She had no idea what was in the pile, so I couldnt even find out what I had missed.

I spent the rest of the day kicking myself haha.

5 NM copies of IH 181 :bigsmile:

I can't tell you how many times that has happen to me. Missing a stack of books by minutes. Oh well, until next time!

7 hours ago, Ovrclck said:
7 hours ago, FineCollector said:

Where did that box come from?  I've seen the longer orange ones from Sears/JC Penney around 1989/90, but never this.

Not sure, this is the first time that I've seen as well.

what is that box for? I can't tell looking at the pictures.

2 hours ago, 01TheDude said:

what is that box for? I can't tell looking at the pictures.

Just storage for a new collector.  The orange one was advertised in the 1989 (possibly '90) Sears and JC Penney Christmas catalogues in Canada and US.  They came with ~30 overstock comics, a guide to collecting, a repro of the first Overstreet, and a poster.  I'd very much like to know the details about this one.

10 minutes ago, rsouxlja7 said:

Picked up an original owner collection of around 200 silver age Marvel that I bought over the weekend. Some of the better stuff.

IMG_8548.thumb.jpg.1cbe948a2ca52892689ee00c281fbf24.jpg

Congrats!! Definitely some keepers!