• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,805 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Moetown said:

Here's a sample of a few books I picked up last night (I seldom run into early DC but this is the 2nd collection I've seen this summer but this one also included a few Marvels I like).  There was a bunch of Batman, Action, Adventure, JLA from 1-30 and TECT's from the 50's, 60's...

IMG_7656.jpg

That is awesome (thumbsu

Most of the JLA's seem in decent shape.  :whee:

4 hours ago, Moetown said:

Here's a sample of a few books I picked up last night (I seldom run into early DC but this is the 2nd collection I've seen this summer but this one also included a few Marvels I like).  There was a bunch of Batman, Action, Adventure, JLA from 1-30 and TECT's from the 50's, 60's...

IMG_7656.jpg

Star Trek #1 - great book!

All are great books - congrats!!

On 8/27/2018 at 12:08 AM, FineCollector said:

Just storage for a new collector.  The orange one was advertised in the 1989 (possibly '90) Sears and JC Penney Christmas catalogues in Canada and US.  They came with ~30 overstock comics, a guide to collecting, a repro of the first Overstreet, and a poster.  I'd very much like to know the details about this one.

I heard that the green one was from the Marvel fan club in the early 90s but I’m not sure.  I have one and I’d like to know about it also.

On August 19, 2018 at 5:37 PM, pastandpresentcomics said:

Here's the other book I found at tne antique mall in June. Super stoked. Only 5 on the census and tied for top census. It was a great day.

20180819_173402.jpg

Rennigers in Mt. Dora?

Edited by Darth Corgi

On 8/30/2018 at 3:27 PM, FlyingDonut said:

Star Trek 1 was the "great book" in that pile? :foryou:

:bigsmile:

I've wanted a nice copy of that for ages, so yes........    :x

Who could resist Leonard Nimoy's eyebrows?  :x:x :bigsmile::headbang:

That was a great haul though, I certainly agree!  :foryou:

1 hour ago, Robot Man said:

I hear the Sept Brimfield is next week.  :banana:

Doh, today is the last day. Funny there were like 15-20 Brim dealers at my local flea with their picked over . One more week for me and I’m done til the spring. Sunday morning hockey starts. 

1 minute ago, Junkdrawer said:

Doh, today is the last day. Funny there were like 15-20 Brim dealers at my local flea with their picked over . One more week for me and I’m done til the spring. Sunday morning hockey starts. 

I wasn't sure the exact date. I never go to the July one (too hot usually) and the Sept one is pretty slim pickins. I'm spoiled. I go to a big flea market just about every weekend all year long out there. I actually skipped the Rose Bowl today and the local comic book show yesterday to just chill and do other stuff. I'm going to take the Indian out for a roll in an hour or so. Cruise down Coast Highway with a couple of buddies.

58 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

I wasn't sure the exact date. I never go to the July one (too hot usually) and the Sept one is pretty slim pickins. I'm spoiled. I go to a big flea market just about every weekend all year long out there. I actually skipped the Rose Bowl today and the local comic book show yesterday to just chill and do other stuff. I'm going to take the Indian out for a roll in an hour or so. Cruise down Coast Highway with a couple of buddies.

How bout snap a pic of that bad boy before you go. Love to see that. What year?

Found these at a junk shop yesterday.  Not really my thing, but when I see 8.0-9.0 comics from the 1960s priced at 4 for $10, I will buy. According to OSPG, the Ellery Queen is worth $50 (in theory) but where do I find the elusive Ellery Queen fan nowadays?  

I could not not find any listing in OSPG for the Prince and the Pauper.  Please advise if you have any thoughts on its value.

IMG_0367.JPG