• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,805 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Phicks said:

Found these at a junk shop yesterday.  Not really my thing, but when I see 8.0-9.0 comics from the 1960s priced at 4 for $10, I will buy. According to OSPG, the Ellery Queen is worth $50 (in theory) but where do I find the elusive Ellery Queen fan nowadays?  

I could not not find any listing in OSPG for the Prince and the Pauper.  Please advise if you have any thoughts on its value.

IMG_0367.JPG

The listing for the Prince and the Pauper is under Movie Classics.  Value in 8 is $21 in the current guide.  Actual value may vary.

On 9/9/2018 at 12:37 PM, Junkdrawer said:

Doh, today is the last day. Funny there were like 15-20 Brim dealers at my local flea with their picked over . One more week for me and I’m done til the spring. Sunday morning hockey starts. 

Alright! I can truck on up with less competition! :whee:

22 hours ago, GotComics? said:

The listing for the Prince and the Pauper is under Movie Classics.  Value in 8 is $21 in the current guide.  Actual value may vary.

It's Dell Four Color #1243 (Ellery Queen), Dell Walt Disney's Movie Classics Prince and Pauper #207, Dell Walt Disney's Movie Classics Merrill's Marauders #301 and Dell Blue Phantom #1

44 minutes ago, westerberg14 said:

It's been a slow summer for garage / estate sales around Chicago for me, but happened to search for sales in Iowa City since i was there on Friday.  Happened upon a sale and found this for 50 cents!1349036519_NM98.jpg.6e65257ff28edd6dcebe2f55612522d3.jpg 

Sweet Deal! ^^

Congrats! :foryou: a nice addition to any collection at that price.

This morning I found two issues of Popular Science from 1947 for a buck each, and about 30 Sunday comic strip supplements from 1971-3 from NY/Philly papers, in various shape. Paid $10 for the stack.

This is newspaper tabloid size.

IMG_2041-1.JPG

Edited by mrwoogieman

On 9/15/2018 at 6:07 PM, mrwoogieman said:

This morning I found two issues of Popular Science from 1947 for a buck each, and about 30 Sunday comic strip supplements from 1971-3 from NY/Philly papers, in various shape. Paid $10 for the stack.

This is newspaper tabloid size.

IMG_2041-1.JPG

I was cutting out the Sunday strips for both Amazing Spider-Man and Howard the Duck for a little while back in the late 1970s (or was it early 1980s). Still have them but not really sure if they are collectible or sought after. I never figured out if they were reprints from the comics or original content just for the Sunday comics section of the newspaper.

sorry if this is the wrong forum for this- all searches for something like this on the CGC forums failed me (or was lost in the huge amount of other ASM stuff)

Original stories were created for the strip. IDW has been reprinting the strips these past couple of years and just last month Larry Lieber has announced his retirement from the strip he'd been drawing since 1986 ... but then again Larry is going on 87 this year!

10 hours ago, 01TheDude said:

I was cutting out the Sunday strips for both Amazing Spider-Man and Howard the Duck for a little while back in the late 1970s (or was it early 1980s). Still have them but not really sure if they are collectible or sought after. I never figured out if they were reprints from the comics or original content just for the Sunday comics section of the newspaper.

sorry if this is the wrong forum for this- all searches for something like this on the CGC forums failed me (or was lost in the huge amount of other ASM stuff)

I was checking out eBay and it looks like some of these strips are still highly collectible, at least the older ones. I'll post some more pics of the interiors and specific strips from the batch I found. I didn't see any superhero strips at first glance, but there may be. These Sunday supplements seem to be about 6-8 pages each.

I used to cut out and save certain Doonesbury and Bloom County strips. Wonder what happened to them? <LOOKING AT YOU MOM! I KNOW WHAT YOU DID!>

Edited by mrwoogieman

Today I meet my friend to hand me one long box full of comics. I found this ad on Craigslist and asked him to go buy them. All that for $45.00 Canadian.

Took a quick look and I see a NTT 2. And lot of moderns. I will go home and go through to see what I got.