• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,805 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, spreads said:

I had a seller come up to me with a batch of comics for sale.  He had a longbox as well as a bunch of comics in this box, I didn't buy the lot but I got the box which I'm quite happy with!

56122743745__6271C0AE-92A9-4617-BFEE-D43DDE378A1B.JPG

That box was from the JC Penny comic packs you used to be able to buy. I suspect that in that pile of comics were several of the comic variants. They're not super valuable or anything, but they're cool to find.

1 minute ago, RCheli said:

That box was from the JC Penny comic packs you used to be able to buy. I suspect that in that pile of comics were several of the comic variants. They're not super valuable or anything, but they're cool to find.

I assumed this box was purchased at a local comic book store, because we don't (or didn't at the time of these comics) have JC Penny in Canada....it's possible he bought it there in the US but super unlikely.

Just now, spreads said:

I assumed this box was purchased at a local comic book store, because we don't (or didn't at the time of these comics) have JC Penny in Canada....it's possible he bought it there in the US but super unlikely.

I believe Sears had a similar product, so maybe it came from there.

2 minutes ago, RCheli said:

I believe Sears had a similar product, so maybe it came from there.

Okay, that could explain it.  I'm surprised I don't see more of these pop-up, I guess they got trashed over the years.....

Edited by spreads

29 minutes ago, the blob said:

Is there something special about the Youngbloods and Wildcats?

I never thought it would happen but Youngblood especially 1 and 2 (first prophet) have a little bit of heat due to exteme studios movie deal. Wildcats not so much...

1 hour ago, the blob said:

Is there something special about the Youngbloods and Wildcats?

Youngblood 2 popped for a little while a month or so ago, due to the Prophet connection (LIefeld's Extreme properties like Prophet have been picked up by Netflix). Youngblood 1 still hasn't popped, I think there are just too many of them out there. I did well selling sets of $2 (there are green and pink logo versions) for about $15 a set. That was fun. (Considering I got a buttload of them in a collection for about 6 cents a piece).

The only Wildcats I see in his pic is the Malibu Sun, which is the first appearance of the team. That can be a $5-$20 book depending on condition.

The Malibu Sun 13 is a real winner though, (arguably) first appearance of Spawn. Seems to sell in any grade.

Edited by F For Fake
important to include the term "buttload"

1 hour ago, spreads said:

Okay, that could explain it.  I'm surprised I don't see more of these pop-up, I guess they got trashed over the years.....

Yeah, I definitely had these boxes from Sears and Penny's, and would love to have them back. I've never seen them locally. :(

"The only Wildcats I see in his pic is the Malibu Sun, which is the first appearance of the team. That can be a $5-$20 book depending on condition."

Below "What is Wolverine Killed Hulk" are some Wildcats 2s.  I see Youngblood 1s in the dollar box a lot, I can't bring myself to buy more of them. If they ever pop I have a few. Now I have to remember to consider the #2s.

Edited by the blob

2 hours ago, F For Fake said:

Youngblood 2 popped for a little while a month or so ago, due to the Prophet connection (LIefeld's Extreme properties like Prophet have been picked up by Netflix). Youngblood 1 still hasn't popped, I think there are just too many of them out there. I did well selling sets of $2 (there are green and pink logo versions) for about $15 a set. That was fun. (Considering I got a buttload of them in a collection for about 6 cents a piece).

The only Wildcats I see in his pic is the Malibu Sun, which is the first appearance of the team. That can be a $5-$20 book depending on condition.

The Malibu Sun 13 is a real winner though, (arguably) first appearance of Spawn. Seems to sell in any grade.

Its weird I still haven't come across any of the pink logo variants for #2. Hopefully I make a few bucks off these.

I'm probably going to send in the malibu sun in for grading and see how it does. Im guessing around 9.0. There's a handful of the other books that have a shot at 9.8

2 hours ago, the blob said:

"The only Wildcats I see in his pic is the Malibu Sun, which is the first appearance of the team. That can be a $5-$20 book depending on condition."

Below "What is Wolverine Killed Hulk" are some Wildcats 2s.  I see Youngblood 1s in the dollar box a lot, I can't bring myself to buy more of them. If they ever pop I have a few. Now I have to remember to consider the #2s.

Ah HA, gotcha! Yeah, the regular foil #2's aren't worth anything. The white newsstand versions are good sellers in super high grade, but I don't see those there.

Yeah, I tried to move about 25+ copies of #1 after the Netflix announcement, but still couldn't get rid of them in any combination (single issues, lots of 10, complete volume runs, etc). I think there are just too many of them out there.

The ship may have sailed on #2, I haven't looked since I blew through my supply. I was getting about $15 for the pink/green sets, and about $8 for the single issues. With shipping, that's not a ton of money, but my investment was about 6 to 8 cents per book, so it was worth my time. I wouldn't pay much for them if you run across them, but if you can get them cheap enough, may be worth the pickup!

1 minute ago, F For Fake said:

Ah HA, gotcha! Yeah, the regular foil #2's aren't worth anything. The white newsstand versions are good sellers in super high grade, but I don't see those there.

Yeah, I tried to move about 25+ copies of #1 after the Netflix announcement, but still couldn't get rid of them in any combination (single issues, lots of 10, complete volume runs, etc). I think there are just too many of them out there.

The ship may have sailed on #2, I haven't looked since I blew through my supply. I was getting about $15 for the pink/green sets, and about $8 for the single issues. With shipping, that's not a ton of money, but my investment was about 6 to 8 cents per book, so it was worth my time. I wouldn't pay much for them if you run across them, but if you can get them cheap enough, may be worth the pickup!

Wildcats 2 might be a dollar book. It like it because its shiny lol. Correct the newstands are where its at on those.

I think the Youngblood 2s can go for $5 sometimes. I might put them in a $2 or $3 dollar box and see how they do. I paid $40 for everything so I think i did pretty good. There were actually a few other decent books not pictured that were ok. Silverage gold key turok, magnus, etc. Interesting collection.

Weather is turning in my part of the world. Chances to get anything in outoor sales diminishing weekly. Frankly, I do not think I have picked anything up this year and didn't even see much of anything comic wise at the few yard sales and flea markets I popped into. Oh well. Bummer. Gottah keep on trying! 

"Wildcats 2 might be a dollar book. It like it because its shiny lol"

I know, I know, I still find myself buying some of these shiney 90s books when I see them because they look cool (it isn't like I didn't see them when they came out either..), but I am more selective nowadays at least and try to avoid those dreaded spine ticks and such.

A friend cleans out houses after midnight moves,evictions and has dropped off two longs of mostly Marvel Civil War era,Initiative stuff.Some fun reading,lots of storylines unfinished though!

Have found a bunch of later newstands in the lot2007/8 ,will let you know if it's anything exciting.Have to look up if any have price variations.Some fun gold second print oddballs in there,Wolverine and Punisher War Journals I'd never seen,and that fun gold glow in the dark Ghost Rider second print.

Happy hunting Blob,can't win if you don't play!

More DC's in a small Garage sale:

1st JLA Dark (both candidates) although CGC is tending to #50

1st John Constantine in Cameo

1st Vixen

1st Hank Henshaw (Cyborg Superman) in Cameo and Full

1st Silver Banshee

GL Corps

1st Nightwing

The Tec has a double Atari insert

Nothing huge but great for a $50 box

1.thumb.jpg.88413df2fbcefb76e25e35bac4dd7c86.jpg