• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
60 60

15,838 posts in this topic

Ok, I know, I should have pics, but... With just the kids I was able to stop where I wanted today and hit 20 yard sales (there is a neighborhood one going on in an adjacent hood). one seller had comics. By 1ish only half a long box remained. 4 for $1... Spent $3.. Of that I netted (1) a nice peter panzerfaust 1 1st print, a (2) hard rock comics 5 (kiss) newsstand edition (I see none for sale or sold on ebay, mime high or cms, so perhaps not easy to find), (3) slapstick 1 (90s series). Some other stuff I'd be cool paying $1 for like morning glories ton vol 1, 2099 a.d. 1, etc. Soooooo.. Now I wonder what was in the already sold half of the long box? But if they were ebay pickers they would have grabbed the PP 1, right?

2 hours ago, the blob said:

Ok, I know, I should have pics, but... With just the kids I was able to stop where I wanted today and hit 20 yard sales (there is a neighborhood one going on in an adjacent hood). one seller had comics. By 1ish only half a long box remained. 4 for $1... Spent $3.. Of that I netted (1) a nice peter panzerfaust 1 1st print, a (2) hard rock comics 5 (kiss) newsstand edition (I see none for sale or sold on ebay, mime high or cms, so perhaps not easy to find), (3) slapstick 1 (90s series). Some other stuff I'd be cool paying $1 for like morning glories ton vol 1, 2099 a.d. 1, etc. Soooooo.. Now I wonder what was in the already sold half of the long box? But if they were ebay pickers they would have grabbed the PP 1, right?

How are u able to do that with kids?  Are they able to shop themselves?

1 hour ago, Wolverinex said:

How are u able to do that with kids?  Are they able to shop themselves?

Sometimes they jump out and look. Sometimes stay in car. After 10 stops they were whining to go home. If I had seen something awesome for them I might buy. I found the comics on the first stop. I wasted an hour on the next 19. This all took place in a 7 block radius. If I had a clue about collectible records I might have made a killing today.

Edited by the blob

3 hours ago, the blob said:

That PP 1 was a great find!

12 minutes ago, mrwoogieman said:

I went to a nearby tag sale this morning with the wife. I was looking for a print that I thought was a Jim Steranko from a pic I saw online. We got there at 8:30 thinking it started at 9:00, but it was actually 10:00. So, we signed up (numbers 34 and 35 on the list!) and then went to an old breakfast place we used to frequent when we lived closer, but hadn't been to in years. Back to the sale, lining up outside the house and finally the first wave going in at 10:15 - thirty people only so we're still on the outs.

Another 20 minutes and no one's come out. Finally, I guess they decide the house can hold more, so they waive the next batch into the house, including the wife and I! I go blundering about into the den looking for the print, but I'm not seeing it. My wife, obviously the brains of the operation, asks one of the sales staff where the prints is - kids room upstairs! She heads up, sees it leaning against a dresser on the floor, and snaps it up an instant before some nearby man had started to show some interest! So thanks to the wife, we've had breakfast and now have this:

FullSizeRender-2.jpg

IMG_2093.JPG

That is a beauty...Steranko is a true master!

1 hour ago, the blob said:
1 hour ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

:p

Phone pics, photobucket, too much hassle to show one good book and 2 semi goods.

You're right.  Why even waste time by posting in the first place? 

On 10/20/2018 at 9:29 AM, Bird said:

Two garages sales promised comics but the misty rain meant the garage sales didn't set-up. So I went to one that had Playboys and while they didn't have issues from the 1950 I got some late 60s and early 70s. I probably could have gotten them for $10 but I offered $20 for the lot and a cool book about symbols in art for my daughter. Here are 1972 and 1973. 

Reveal hidden contents

Dp9n-vWWsAA02t5.jpgDp9rYvcUUAA0upf.jpg

Serious question – what was the title of the symbols in art book? I’ve been looking for a specific symbology book but can’t remember the name.

2 hours ago, mrwoogieman said:

It was pretty cool finding the signed and numbered Steranko print, not really a topper in and of itself, I'll agree. But, that's not quite the end of the story!

So, the wife secures possession of the Steranko print and heads back downstairs to the checkout area in the front room. She sees something there by the jewelry table, takes a pic and texts it to me. She asks by text - is this something you are interested in? I, still blundering, am upstairs looking at some book books. I don't feel the vibration from my phone. Wife comes upstairs, she says check your phone, do you want this? I look at the phone and see the pic - yes please! I shove her out the door to go stake claim to the item in the pic:

IMG_2094.JPG

KirbyPic.jpg

That is a winner....congrats!!

11 hours ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

You're right.  Why even waste time by posting in the first place? 

Posting words is easy, photos and multiple uploads on my phone is a pita. I know you are used to getting to work in 50 below temps and 7 feet of snow, so you laugh at such adversity , but we city slickers are soft. Anyway, if I had a genuine haul I would have pics. One day...

Edited by the blob

12 hours ago, mrwoogieman said:

It was pretty cool finding the signed and numbered Steranko print, not really a topper in and of itself, I'll agree. But, that's not quite the end of the story!

So, the wife secures possession of the Steranko print and heads back downstairs to the checkout area in the front room. She sees something there by the jewelry table, takes a pic and texts it to me. She asks by text - is this something you are interested in? I, still blundering, am upstairs looking at some book books. I don't feel the vibration from my phone. Wife comes upstairs, she says check your phone, do you want this? I look at the phone and see the pic - yes please! I shove her out the door to go stake claim to the item in the pic:

IMG_2094.JPG

KirbyPic.jpg

Those are awesome, but how much did they cost? I have tried to go to one tag sale. The making you wait outside part drives me nuts. Did you go to that thing in bohemia I've been getting FB pops on? Pushing comics, so I figured overpriced or cherry picked, but who knows?