• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
60 60

15,838 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, shadroch said:

Finally got rewarded for stopping by a garage sale. Must have been 0 for 2018 until now.

Guy had two boxes of DC Showcase Presents and I got him down to $2 each. Turns out a few are kind of scarce- Haunted Tank, House of Mystery.. He also had a number of TPBs for $1 each, including a copy of R Crumbs America, and a 2nd print Watchmen TPB. 

He also had a set of Essential Tomb of Dracula, but the Volume 1 was a 2nd print so I talked him down from $15 to $10. 

As I'm walking out, I see an old wooden ship on the floor, under a table.  He tells me it doesn't work and sold it to me for $5. Turns out its an Ito Pre-WW2 battleship , and the last one sold for $400 untested. 

This is missing one copper lifeboat and has a gun placement that was repaired. 

an A for effort, glad it worked out! Edit: that's Awesome!! @shadroch

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

15 hours ago, shadroch said:

He also had a set of Essential Tomb of Dracula, but the Volume 1 was a 2nd print so I talked him down from $15 to $10. 

In general, tpb do not behave like comic books in terms of value when it comes to 1st or later prints, they only gain value if they are OOP (and in demand of course), so regardless if it's 1st or 10th print, they will be of equal value for the reader

16 hours ago, shadroch said:

Finally got rewarded for stopping by a garage sale. Must have been 0 for 2018 until now.

Guy had two boxes of DC Showcase Presents and I got him down to $2 each. Turns out a few are kind of scarce- Haunted Tank, House of Mystery.. He also had a number of TPBs for $1 each, including a copy of R Crumbs America, and a 2nd print Watchmen TPB. 

As I'm walking out, I see an old wooden ship on the floor, under a table.  He tells me it doesn't work and sold it to me for $5. Turns out its an Ito Pre-WW2 battleship , and the last one sold for $400 untested. 

This is missing one copper lifeboat and has a gun placement that was repaired. 

Nice score!

On 11/29/2018 at 12:38 PM, Lucky Baru said:

I went into a Wal-Mart in the sticks yesterday and walked out with 3 McFarlane Toys TitanFall 2 BT-7274 deluxe figures for just under 30.00 each.  They were just sitting on the shelf saying please buy me.  So, I did.

are you talking about this one?

https://igearcentral.com/products/mcfarlane-toys-titanfall-2-bt-7274-10-deluxe-figure?utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=googlepla&variant=13392598499389

On 11/28/2018 at 8:22 PM, shadroch said:

Post a picture!  :wishluck:

15 minutes ago, FineCollector said:

If I said I bought an 8-long box Marvel collection from the late 70's and 80s, would anyone be interested, or would you say I bought 8 boxes of cat furniture?

I was excited to see it.  There's something about yellowed double-lipped bags all stuck together that tells you the collection was assembled in the 80s.  It's not big dollar stuff for the most part, but a collection that I needed to fill many holes in my runs.  Spidey 190-270, Secret Wars 1-12, Hulk 200-300, Captain America 100-400, a couple of Tales of Suspense including 46 and 52, X-Men 120-135 and some later issues, a run of Savage She-Hulk, New Mutants graphic novel, 1-40, 87, early X-Factor, Byrne Alpha Flight, some speculation like Superman 75, Spawn 1, Lethal Protector 1, Wolverine ('88) 1.  It had my name on it: not much Daredevil, not much Iron Man, no GI Joe, no Transformers... just stuff I needed.

Cool story, he answered my Kijiji ad (like Craigslist), and sent me an itemized list.  I made my offer, and made plans to visit Friday, but he emailed me Thursday to say someone had been by to see the books with a better offer.  He didn't like the vibe that he got off the guy, so he gave me a chance to match the price.  I raced to the bank and headed over after work, opened the boxes, and said heck ya.  He said he wanted the books to go to a collector, and I think I qualify.

20181130_080306.jpg

Where is the awe button! That cat wants in those boxes as bad as you do!! :) Congrats! Glad the seller stuck to his guns and checked with the first prospective buyer ^^ 

I think that I have that GI Joe #11 from when I was a kid...

Bought it at a wait for it

Stop 'n' Go

I always used to crack up going in there to buy gum, baseball cards, and arcades. As I was older they didn't card for magazines either :baiting:

Funny old week - had 2 or 3 deals just fall over as other peeps offered more $$  (like really waaaaay over the top $$$)  - it is getting harder and harder to find collections in Australia - especially as USA comics were banned here for quite some time.

There are a lot of USA reprints though, and they are nice to get.

UK comics, no issue.

So delighted to buy 148 issues of TV Century 21 from the 1960's

Fireball XL-5, Daleks, Stingray, Thunderbirds, Joe 90 et al  - classic Gerry Anderson and co stuff!

Early issues were, frankly terrible. 

But - 100% "complete" page wise, even if chunks were missing off the back page - damage was 95% to the spine. Tape had to be used to keep them presentable.

Issues after 110  just got better - then the comic joined 'Joe 90' and started from #1 - and I was lucky enough to get #1 - #43 complete, in really good condition.

1.thumb.jpg.c92026a5efbbc649a30d4e9a3ba951f3.jpg

Icing followed the cake with boxes and boxes of sealed and unopened Marvel Universe Jigsaws - these 3 designs:

CCF01122018.thumb.jpg.bc10f48ffa3bba8b859a0555543e5684.jpg

CCF01122018_0002.thumb.jpg.4a1ef3acdcb79f059fecbe3889072e85.jpg

CCF01122018_0003.thumb.jpg.f9ed2e2f81b14ba761e4bf883df6919e.jpg

Total cost for whole kit and caboodle - $520 AUD

On 12/2/2018 at 12:35 PM, Wipple said:

How about a dirty old bag of man things?

87EBF745-192F-4AF7-A339-9812362FBD7B.jpeg

B5F27376-8BC2-4270-9164-61D36A02C089.jpeg

Can I adapt it to "Go eat a bag of Man-Things"? if so, this is my NEW new go to put-down. 

On ‎7‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 11:29 AM, mrwoogieman said:
On ‎7‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 2:16 PM, mrwoogieman said:

:hi:

(:

Called the guy while I was typing that last post. We're meeting this weekend, he has X-Men 95-200 complete and what he calls "a few more semi-key issues" that he had pulled from what he offered at the estate sale. Going to his new house to see the goodies this weekend!

Holy smokes, what nice books this guy has! Unfortunately out of my price range, but I did pick out a nice Punisher limited series 1 that should grade out nicely.

Just got my grades back on a recent batch and the Punisher LS 1 came back a 9.8!

I love comic hunting in the wild!!

On ‎6‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 12:13 PM, mrwoogieman said:

Picked up a small batch at an estate sale this morning. Here are some of the better books.

IMG_1841.JPG

From the same seller, the Punisher 1 and 2 in this pic also got 9.8s, and the Omega Men 3 is a 9.8 as well!

I'll have to wait a couple more months for the Special Marvel Edition 15 on Value track slowboat.

:whee: