• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,840 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Bird said:

I’m at an estate auction and they have these in a box of real horrible track they’re not in the greatest shape either so I’ll probably pass

Thanks for sharing.  Please post more pics of things you aren't buying.

38 minutes ago, Transplant said:

Thanks for sharing.  Please post more pics of things you aren't buying.

I said I might pass plus many people Have never seen the maxx newsstands 

Edited by Bird

1 hour ago, Bird said:

I said I might pass plus many people Have never seen the maxx newsstands 

If they are cheap you should probably buy them. If they were regular issues they are a bit rough.

32 minutes ago, the blob said:

If they are cheap you should probably buy them. If they were regular issues they are a bit rough.

The short box went for $7.50 which was more than I was willing to pay given what else was in it

3 hours ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:
4 hours ago, mrwoogieman said:

From the same seller, the Punisher 1 and 2 in this pic also got 9.8s, and the Omega Men 3 is a 9.8 as well!

I'll have to wait a couple more months for the Special Marvel Edition 15 on Value track slowboat.

:whee:

Congrats! That's pretty amazing

Thanks! They just posted shipped/safe and to my surprise there is a notation on the Omega Men - name written in marker on first page. I didn't notice it when I submitted it.

49 minutes ago, Bird said:

The short box went for $7.50 which was more than I was willing to pay given what else was in it

I probably would have bought them for $1 each..the rest of the box has got to be worth 50 cents, no?

2 hours ago, the blob said:

I probably would have bought them for $1 each..the rest of the box has got to be worth 50 cents, no?

No. I mean it was real drek. I am done with having boxes of comics I cannot sell in the house. I bought some other groovy stuff instead. It is in the car still, maybe pictures tomorrow.

10 minutes ago, Bird said:

No. I mean it was real drek. I am done with having boxes of comics I cannot sell in the house. I bought some other groovy stuff instead. It is in the car still, maybe pictures tomorrow.

I get it. 97% of my books I selected individually. Hindsight being 20/20, some of it (more than I want to admit) was dreck (and stayed drek), but generally speaking there was a thought process behind the purchase. When a shop closed a few years ago I turned down 5 or 6 long boxes of stuff, for free, he didn't want to drag off. It was stuff I had previously decided wasn't good enough to buy previously at $25 a short box and had been picked over by others after 6 weeks of going out of business sales. Hindsight being 20/20 some of the junk in there may have popped later or I just don't know the value of every modern, but I just figured it was more I would be tripping over for years that I would break my back dragging up the stairs in my house. 

2 minutes ago, the blob said:

I get it. 97% of my books I selected individually. Hindsight being 20/20, some of it (more than I want to admit) was dreck (and stayed drek), but generally speaking there was a thought process behind the purchase. When a shop closed a few years ago I turned down 5 or 6 long boxes of stuff, for free, he didn't want to drag off. It was stuff I had previously decided wasn't good enough to buy previously at $25 a short box and had been picked over by others after 6 weeks of going out of business sales. Hindsight being 20/20 some of the junk in there may have popped later or I just don't know the value of every modern, but I just figured it was more I would be tripping over for years that I would break my back dragging up the stairs in my house. 

Most of this stuff was unbagged and in less than minty mint condition. And who knows if I would have won it at that bid. I got some cool stuff instead.

10 hours ago, ygogolak said:

I wouldnt touch those for $1 in that condition. I would barely touch early Spawns in mid-high grade for $1. Spawn has way more selling potential. I listed a high number Maxx newstand on here and it didn't get a sniff.

Because everyone here is trying to get them for 50 cents to flip them! I'd buy them for a buck because I like maxx and Criminey, ever since I started looking for image newsies like 2 years Ago I have not found one! They do seem to sell ok on ebay. I can't gauge condition of the sellers on my phone. Seems to be a world of difference in sales potential for news vs. Direct.

Edited by the blob

7 hours ago, the blob said:

Because everyone here is trying to get them for 50 cents to flip them! I'd buy them for a buck because I like maxx and Criminey, ever since I started looking for image newsies like 2 years Ago I have not found one! They do seem to sell ok on ebay. I can't gauge condition of the sellers on my phone. Seems to be a world of difference in sales potential for news vs. Direct.

The only way I would have purchased was if that short box and the long box next to it, which had Deathmates Red and Blue in excellent condition that I could have completed sets with, went for $5 for both boxes. They combine lots when there are no bidders but otherwise, nope.

Instead I bought a bunch of comic and Superman hardcovers. Then these Sunday paper inserts from the 1940s, one of which was my Dad's 10th birthday and one has wifey's DOB, just 1940 28 years before she was born. The first two are full comics sections and the other 4 are single strips, double sided though.

DtvNsMmXQAA7w3g.jpgDtvNsMmX4AI-f3F.jpgDtvNsMkW4AEIpy4.jpgDtvNsMmWwAMrDZ7.jpg

And after someone won a box I paid her a few bucks for these things...the demonic postcard just fell out of the others.

DtvN23aV4AIgWc9.jpgDtvN23cVYAEWXUF.jpgDtvN24IU4AE8Pqf.jpg