• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
60 60

15,838 posts in this topic

34 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Now to post what people usually find :roflmao:

Some beat and I mean beat comics, but for $3 total, you never know lol

Used bookstore...beat it, beat it, no one wants to be defeated :banana:

20181209_145750.jpg

20181209_145756.jpg

You will probably do well if you list them on ebay. I also got a NA11 as well as Infinite Crisis 3 & 5 today for $1 and $2.

You take the good with the bad in this hobby...

Tag sale advertised for Sunday morning, advertising hundreds of Silver Age comics, including [the ad listed lots of comics], see the photos!

Alright! Game on!

So, I call the company running the sale on Saturday and was told that a sign up sheet would be available starting at 6 p.m. Great!

Drive 35 minutes each way to the house where the sale will be, sign up as number 5 on the list. Great!

Drive back to the sale Sunday morning. What's going on? Why are people driving away already? Oh, there's my friend Rob. Hi Rob, what's going on? Bill, they sold them already! What do you mean, the sale isn't scheduled to open yet. Yes, but they're gone. The guy running the sale came out and asked if anyone wanted to buy them all. Someone did, for $4,000.

Ummm...

:pullhair:

19 minutes ago, mrwoogieman said:

You take the good with the bad in this hobby...

Tag sale advertised for Sunday morning, advertising hundreds of Silver Age comics, including [the ad listed lots of comics], see the photos!

Alright! Game on!

So, I call the company running the sale on Saturday and was told that a sign up sheet would be available starting at 6 p.m. Great!

Drive 35 minutes each way to the house where the sale will be, sign up as number 5 on the list. Great!

Drive back to the sale Sunday morning. What's going on? Why are people driving away already? Oh, there's my friend Rob. Hi Rob, what's going on? Bill, they sold them already! What do you mean, the sale isn't scheduled to open yet. Yes, but they're gone. The guy running the sale came out and asked if anyone wanted to buy them all. Someone did, for $4,000.

Ummm...

:pullhair:

That blows.  It's pretty dumb on the seller's part to just take the first offer, even if the amount looks good you're leaving money on the table and conducting bad business (assuming this is a company that regularly schedules auctions).  I went to an estate auction where the auctioneer pulled items because on that day the attendance was poor and expected better results - I've never gone back to that guy since.

Estate sale this morning. Went for the All Star 1st Powergirl, which has a small stain near the top of the cover but ended up buying all this stuff (for the flip potential) and about 10 art books to add to my daughter's Christmas gifts.

DueNPAQW4AAzQBW.jpgDueQpj-WwAImZNf.jpgDueQpj-XcAIpkzu.jpgDueP1AzWwAAT1Eb.jpg

I probably should have stopped at the one comic but the force (to flip) is strong in this one!

5 minutes ago, FineCollector said:

I'll need an explanation on the Richie Rich.  In my part of the world, those are the drekkiest of drek.

I figured just buy the stack, these were every comic at the estate sale and it is easier than tipping them off to the one semi-valuable book in there. I was #3 through the door and number 4 wanted the comics as well.

Edited by Bird

11 hours ago, Bird said:

I figured just buy the stack, these were every comic at the estate sale and it is easier than tipping them off to the one semi-valuable book in there. I was #3 through the door and number 4 wanted the comics as well.

Give the Richies away at Halloween. Little kids love getting "OLD" comics and they are completely age-appropriate.

3 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Rescued these from the used bookstore... glad I went in, they were having a sale, the Neal Adams while only a VG was only $3..:takeit:..... the spawn/batman is only a "F" but at $2 I'll read it :)

20181215_191341.jpg

20181215_191431.jpg

Nice pickup on that spawn batman. Keep an eye out for the newsstand editions with yellow UPC. Cool to collect. 

Neal Adams for $3? All day son!

Edited by Ovrclck