• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
60 60

15,838 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Ovrclck said:

Nice pickup on that spawn batman. Keep an eye out for the newsstand editions with yellow UPC. Cool to collect. 

Neal Adams for $3? All day son!

I may go back tomorrow.... :wishluck:

12 hours ago, FlyingDonut said:

Give the Richies away at Halloween. Little kids love getting "OLD" comics and they are completely age-appropriate.

If you do yard sales those sell for $1. But hey, the bunny brothers have a nice copy of that super richie 3 up for $70, so maybe they know something we don't.

Edited by the blob

Found an estate sale today that had a bunch of comics. He said $5 a book, no negotiations. I looked through three long boxes and three short boxes and found...NOTHING that was even worth $5 to me, let alone the kind of items I would shell out $5 each for at a house sale!

After I finish looking and not buying, he let me look through the "better" books in the kitchen, another short box full of comics. No, I would not like to pay $35 for your Jimmy Olsen 135 in G/VG, nor do I wish to buy any of your 15 and 20 cent random VG and lower Daredevil issues for $15 each and up. Thanks though! Best of luck with the sale!

3 hours ago, WhatMeWorry said:

Are their versions with a white UPC box? If so, whats the deal with the yellow?

When collecting this Newsstand Edition version, be sure to note the yellow color of the UPC code on these copies — this is important to know because there are also copies out there with a white UPC code.  Here’s the story on those:  book stores, interestingly enough, did not receive copies out of the newsstand edition print run for this comic.  (The reason I say “interestingly enough” is because in the later years of Marvel’s newsstand distribution just before it ended in 2013, book stores were the only place you could still find Marvel newsstand edition comic books; yet in this case with Image and Spawn Batman the book stores got copies out of the direct edition print run with the rigid card stock cover).  The white UPC codes were not actually part of the paper itself; instead, the copies sent out to book stores got a white stickerwhich contained the UPC code and was affixed to the back cover.

Source

28 minutes ago, Bomber-Bob said:

OKay, I don't think I ever posted here as I don't like to get up early to attend Flea Markets. I accompanied my wife to a local Flea Market today about 1:00 in the afternoon. Even if there were comics, they would be picked over, right ? Found these. Should have bought the whole run but I didn't realize value. 

JungleAction#06.jpg

JungleAction#7.jpg

JungleAction#8.jpg

JungleAction#21.jpg

where???

13 minutes ago, rsouxlja7 said:

Purchased around 900 books, 20 treasuries, and some magazines last night. Got very lucky. The owner had around 100 issues of the Hulk starting at 178, then a bunch of gaps until around issue 200 where he has every issue after, but he did have this one in between...

IMG_9251.thumb.JPG.f7a6f262a87c2346d7336176df350a70.JPG

I am on the hunt to a 180 if you got that one too!:wishluck:

Great find!

2 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Good day at the flea market today. All the pulps and comics were from an estate cleanout. Many L Ron Hubbard, RE Howard and Lovecraft issues. Dead mint Porky Pig All Comics BLB and a Russ Cochran Panic EC portfolio. They just wanted this stuff gone. I took all the comics but left a lot more sci fi pulps for the next schmoo.

An even dozen 1964 Palmer Monsters and a 1948 Remple Froggy the Gremlin from two other sellers. 

Glad I got up early...

45811301-BF47-4BAA-9805-D511C4A38843.jpeg

Another great haul, RM! That Astounding with the Lovecraft is especially coveted, and those early Mad's ain't half-bad either.  (thumbsu