• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,806 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Robot Man said:

Great find!  At one time, I had about 6 different color variations. A couple of them even had a crude "S" on his chest. 

I have seen pictures of some of the ones with the crude “S”. I don’t think they put a lot of time and effort in making these. More than happy to have found this one.

17 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Yeah, they were made quickly and crude. They were given out as carnival prizes. There were lots of  comic characters and popular characters. I once had a pretty killer Uncle Sam one. Here is about as nice as the Supermans can get. 

superman-carnival-chalkware-figure_1_886d204cfc8aebe495ea200ad066f239.jpg

This is very interesting, I had (possibly still have but I doubt it) a Red Sox baseball pitcher winding up on a mound. The mound is wider than these, and has what I think was an ashtray built into it. I always wondered what it was made of, plaster or something but it looks just like this stuff so I assume it was chalk. Very cool stuff, thanks for sharing!

On 1/15/2019 at 6:15 PM, Robot Man said:

Yeah, they were made quickly and crude. They were given out as carnival prizes. There were lots of  comic characters and popular characters. I once had a pretty killer Uncle Sam one. Here is about as nice as the Supermans can get. 

This is great. What does one of that quality go for?

On 1/15/2019 at 7:15 PM, Robot Man said:

Heey youuuu guuuuuys. 

sorry I couldn’t resist lol. Cool vintage item tho. That face tho. 

6 hours ago, Mercury Man said:

Paid a buck for this.  Anybody have any idea the print run?  Would it have been more-less-equal to a regular Marvel release from 1979?

IMG_0085.jpg

377731485_asm-hulkspclcvr.thumb.jpg.797d44d2d0ed64db0cf9d64d3693243e.jpg

Mine says Chicago Tribune and it cost me nothing. They are pretty common- but fun to own. Yours has a different cover though-- didn't realize there were multiple versions or stories until I saw it.

Edited by 01TheDude

47 minutes ago, 01TheDude said:

Mine says Chicago Tribune and it cost me nothing. They are pretty common- but fun to own. Yours has a different cover though-- didn't realize there were multiple versions or stories until I saw it.

Here's a cardboard advertising piece for the comics.

YardSale-2017-06-24a.thumb.jpg.bf65a1013c1b4e1bdeb13d83f9401c0e.jpg

1 hour ago, 01TheDude said:

Interesting.  Poking around it looks like yours came out in 1980.    Buscema on the interior?

4 hours ago, Bird said:

I sold one here on the boards (Tribune one) for $4 or so not too long ago. It is a fun book, picked it up at a flea market for less than $1.

These things are worth about treefiddy in decent shape