• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
60 60

15,838 posts in this topic

On 1/27/2019 at 5:17 PM, the blob said:

Nobody went out this weekend? I jumped out of the car to take a 3 minute look at some comics a guy was selling on the street. Picked these up. The Batman 567 and 570 are newsstands as is shadow of the bat 81. I may need to see if he is out next weekend if I decide more newsies of that era are worth getting at $1 each.

20190127_190642_HDR.jpg

'guy selling comics on the street' - love this about NYC. The best Phoenix has is guys selling tamales on the street.

1 hour ago, Hekla said:

'guy selling comics on the street' - love this about NYC. The best Phoenix has is guys selling tamales on the street.

there are spots around the city where you find informal flea markets set up on weekends. It may just be 2 or 3 folks selling various odds and ends. Usually in front of a closed public building like a school or library, so nobody in the building to call and complain to the cops. Not to mention your typical stoop sales or garage sales (in parts that have garages). Some of these stoop sales are every week at the same location (weather permitting), wih craigs list ads announcing them. Have not gone to one of those. With that said, if you have a TAX ID and sell books/literature, the police are kind of limited in how much they can force you to move if you are not impeding traffic. First Amendment and such.

As I've discussed here before, there is a guy in my area who sets up, sells comics, cards, stamps, coins, postcards, whatever. He's a retiree looking for some extra income. My chance to snag some comics at a decent price from his has passed as now he looks most stuff up on ebay. He claims he bids on lots on ebay to get merchandise.

Edited by the blob

11 hours ago, PopKulture said:

Great stuff across all the examples you shared!  (thumbsu  But you really can't go wrong with the bottom row of the above pic. That Adam Strange MIS is a bit of classic silver goodness; so, too, the Jimmy Olsen. Throw in one of the very memorable imaginary Superman tales from that era and you're firing on all cylinders! :cloud9:

I have never seen that Kubert DC Special before, which is amazing as there are dozens on ebay. I guess it doesn't fall into $2 boxes. I see the infantino one all the time.

I don't know what I just walked into :eek:

maybe I'm overly excited about nothing, but at less than a $1 a piece, I'm not too worried. Used bookstore find.... newspaper reprints is all I know..

any feedback is appreciated! 9 pics coming up lol  ::shy: itit appears that I am only missing #7 and #10.... :foryou:

20190202_144626.jpg

20190202_144643.jpg

20190202_144658.jpg

20190202_144714.jpg

20190202_144727.jpg

20190202_144742.jpg

20190202_144755.jpg

20190202_144802.jpg

20190202_144820.jpg

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I don't know what I just walked into :eek:

maybe I'm overly excited about nothing, but at less than a $1 a piece, I'm not too worried. Used bookstore find.... newspaper reprints is all I know..

any feedback is appreciated! 9 pics coming up lol  ::shy: itit appears that I am only missing #7 and #10.... :foryou:

20190202_144626.jpg

They are very thin, just a few pages, correct ? Sorry but I don't think they are worth anything, probably a buck apiece. 

Just now, Bomber-Bob said:

They are very thin, just a few pages, correct ? Sorry but I don't think they are worth anything, probably a buck apiece. 

Thanks :) I was just curious, but yes only a couple pages, are they at least the complete stories?

3 minutes ago, Bomber-Bob said:

Good fun reads for a buck though.And if on newsprint rather than glossy paper even more authentic feeling!

3 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Thanks :) I was just curious, but yes only a couple pages, are they at least the complete stories?

Well,read em and tell us!Only time I've gotten reprints that were not complete were the mini comics that came with some Marvel 'dinky toy' cars.Just a few pages then a weblink.

1 minute ago, Bomber-Bob said:
3 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I'm not sure but I thought the story would span multiple issues. 

lol ya I was just figuring if they were the complete stories to the books that they represent that I'd be happy..... as readers :foryou: 

Just now, porcupine48 said:

Well,read em and tell us!Only time I've gotten reprints that were not complete were the mini comics that came with some Marvel 'dinky toy' cars.Just a few pages then a weblink.

lol :foryou: some of these I don't have the originals to compare to... I grew up on Spider-man "Classic" series, so those seem to be familiar stories that are complete (thumbsu 

Unfortunately the bookstore was selling them as a "set", so I couldn't just buy the one's that I had not read.... 

48 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I had some of those as I remember they split the story of one issue into 2 parts that's why you see the original cover & a new cover for the 2nd part 

I don't think they are worth anything, but fun to read! 

11 hours ago, comics4all said:

I had some of those as I remember they split the story of one issue into 2 parts that's why you see the original cover & a new cover for the 2nd part 

I don't think they are worth anything, but fun to read! 

There were quadrlions of them when they came out. I think they came free with some newspapers. I see less now, possibly because they fall apart easily?

On ‎1‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 1:20 AM, Beige said:

Where was this dealer who had a TOD #10, FF #52 and ASM #41 in a box??  

Just the City will do.

That literally is like Rocking Horse Poo as these books were never sold here,so had to be imported at a later date.(maybe TOD #10 was sold at the news-stand)

A collector I could see, but a dealer?  There really aren't many stores in Australia, and they deal 98% in moderns.In Melbourne (5,500,000 people - there are exactly 5)

There are 1 or two comic cons per year, which are geared mostly for autographs and cosplay, although Harley Yee used to make the trip from USA.

There actually aren't many garage sales either.

Some Auction houses are now selling comics via house clearances, although I wouldn't class them as dealers.

You really fell onto some unbelievably good fortune. Like $6-7,000 AUD worth of good fortune.

Or Australia's worst dealer!

Go back, for the love of god and buy EVERYTHING!

The FF 52 is like a $200-250 book? The ASM 28 a little less, the TOD $150-$200, the ASM 41 is maybe $75-100..the others are not that expensive in that shape, maybe add up to $75-100? ...How is that adding up to $6-7,000 AUD? ($4K+ USA) You guys do have mail and it's not like shipping a few comics will cost $2,000....