• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,806 posts in this topic

On 2/5/2019 at 4:39 AM, the blob said:

The FF 52 is like a $200-250 book? The ASM 28 a little less, the TOD $150-$200, the ASM 41 is maybe $75-100..the others are not that expensive in that shape, maybe add up to $75-100? ...How is that adding up to $6-7,000 AUD? ($4K+ USA) You guys do have mail and it's not like shipping a few comics will cost $2,000....

Maybe I was just excited for the guy?

That's considered a huge haul here nowadays.

But OK - "congrats on your less than $6000 haul"

Now STILL go back and buy everything else (whoever it was)

:martini:

6 minutes ago, Beige said:

Maybe I was just excited for the guy?

That's considered a huge haul here nowadays.

But OK - "congrats on your less than $6000 haul"

Now STILL go back and buy everything else (whoever it was)

:martini:

My wife wants to flee to Australia given our current political climate, your initial post had me hoping I could make a living selling comics there. Oh well.

Edited by the blob

8 minutes ago, the blob said:

My wife wants to flee to Australia given our current political climate, your initial post had me hoping I could make a living selling comics there. Oh well.

You can.

You just have to find them.

And be under 50

And on the 'occupations required' list on the Australian embassy site.

If you like stinking hot weather, many,many lethal creatures and some of the most expensive cities to live in, in the world, come on down!

Seriously - it's a great place.

Heaps of work,great quality of living, very,very safe in comparison to Europe. Wonderful for children to be their best.

You may find though, that our politicians are worse than yours. 

But with a much lower ability to screw up the planet....

Oh - we have great sports too! :foryou:

52 minutes ago, Beige said:

You can.

You just have to find them.

And be under 50

And on the 'occupations required' list on the Australian embassy site.

If you like stinking hot weather, many,many lethal creatures and some of the most expensive cities to live in, in the world, come on down!

Seriously - it's a great place.

Heaps of work,great quality of living, very,very safe in comparison to Europe. Wonderful for children to be their best.

You may find though, that our politicians are worse than yours. 

But with a much lower ability to screw up the planet....

Oh - we have great sports too! :foryou:

I live in New York City. I already know expensive. Not yet 50. But not on the occupation list. My wife is though. 

6 hours ago, Beige said:

If you like stinking hot weather, many,many lethal creatures 

I spend 50% of my work time outside in the southern Arizona desert and reading about the Australian heat & dangerous animals scares even me

She is more interested in New Zealand really. As a lawyer I would be denied entrance, but she is a scientist with a fancy ivory league doctorate. Maybe if we sell everything we can do a "buy in" for a visa, but I might be 50 by then.

3 hours ago, the blob said:

She is more interested in New Zealand really. As a lawyer I would be denied entrance, but she is a scientist with a fancy ivory league doctorate. Maybe if we sell everything we can do a "buy in" for a visa, but I might be 50 by then.

Canada wants you, and you can still drive home for the weekend.

10 hours ago, Hekla said:

I spend 50% of my work time outside in the southern Arizona desert and reading about the Australian heat & dangerous animals scares even me

Melbourne hit 46c and South Australia 49.6c in the heatwave last week.

Horrible, life-taking weather.

Creatures...

Trapdoor Spiders

King Brown Snakes

Salt water Crocs

We have the top 10 most lethal creatures on the Planet in Australia

https://www.northernstar.com.au/news/our-10-deadliest-animals/2648358/

Welcome!

On topic - I found the recalled matrix comic this week. Very Tame really - must have been for the sex-scene?

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.47916e661954ff959a006bc55bacea80.jpg

9 hours ago, the blob said:

I can only suggest you go the 'other route' and find a company who will sponsor one of you.

If so, all good!

Best of luck to you - New Zealand is stunning - see Lord of The Rings!

19 minutes ago, Beige said:

I can only suggest you go the 'other route' and find a company who will sponsor one of you.

If so, all good!

Best of luck to you - New Zealand is stunning - see Lord of The Rings!

She looks at university opening down there pretty frequently and is an expert in the SAS programming language, which has its corporate HQ down there somewhere, so she knows people. Nobody will sponsor a 46 year old trial lawyer who is not admitted to practice down there. My wife is more marketable internationally. Maybe we could buy a big enough house to run a bed and breakfast and I can be a house husband.

3 hours ago, the blob said:

She looks at university opening down there pretty frequently and is an expert in the SAS programming language, which has its corporate HQ down there somewhere, so she knows people. Nobody will sponsor a 46 year old trial lawyer who is not admitted to practice down there. My wife is more marketable internationally. Maybe we could buy a big enough house to run a bed and breakfast and I can be a house husband.

If she gets accepted, would you not be eligible for a spousal visa?

5 hours ago, Beige said:

Melbourne hit 46c and South Australia 49.6c in the heatwave last week.

Horrible, life-taking weather.

Creatures...

Trapdoor Spiders

King Brown Snakes

Salt water Crocs

We have the top 10 most lethal creatures on the Planet in Australia

https://www.northernstar.com.au/news/our-10-deadliest-animals/2648358/

Welcome!

On topic - I found the recalled matrix comic this week. Very Tame really - must have been for the sex-scene?

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.47916e661954ff959a006bc55bacea80.jpg

Recalled for the cover, babies growing in pods.

On 2/6/2019 at 12:46 AM, the blob said:

My ex did that, fled there to be with her online boyfriend. She's been married to the guy four years now and is still not a citizen. Really hard to become one the way we understand it. The judge in my divorce case said his best friend moved there and it was really hard for him to get citizenship. (my ex had left the country 7 months prior to this and never came back, not even for the divorce date)

The Australian immigration agents or whatever they are called wanted a heck of a lot of information about her. One of her friends had to go and get a copy of her first divorce doc from the county, and then a copy of hers and mine too, plus they requested copies of the birth certificates of our two kids, then they came back checking and verifying any time she has flown anywhere in the last 20 years - we flew to Vegas back in 2000 for her sisters wedding and they wanted to know about that.

Right now she loves it because she is on a tourist visa and cannot be caught working, she said she would have to get a different kind of visa for that. She and her hubby have to leave the country every 9 months to reset her visa. Before she married him she had to leave every 90 days. I only know all this from her online chat with our daughter. I could've been not such a nice person and not helped her, but I wanted to be the better person (I hope).