• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,805 posts in this topic

I got my first reply to ads I put up locally. They texted me and when I got the info they had 18 comics from late 1990s, none consecutive and 5 or 6 titles. And I got all excited. Great condition though.

1 hour ago, Bird said:

I got my first reply to ads I put up locally. They texted me and when I got the info they had 18 comics from late 1990s, none consecutive and 5 or 6 titles. And I got all excited. Great condition though.

Welcome to the general public!

One of the stupidest replies I recieved was:

"I got a really old comic. I want $3000."

That was it.  I'm finding people use re-sellers as a pricing guide a lot more nowadays.

10 hours ago, spreads said:

Vancouver isn't located on Vancouver island.  :gossip:

Huh? Brooklyn is attached to long Island, which is roughly 100 miles long and a population over 7 million. Median home price in Vancouver is over $1.5 million. Brooklyn isn't close. I know people who sold in vancuever to buy in Brooklyn because they'd still have a bunch left over.

3 hours ago, Beige said:

Welcome to the general public!

One of the stupidest replies I recieved was:

"I got a really old comic. I want $3000."

That was it.  I'm finding people use re-sellers as a pricing guide a lot more nowadays.

You mean half the people trying to sell comics on Facebook? Seems every$4 book over 30 years old gets put up for $50.

13 hours ago, the blob said:

Huh? Brooklyn is attached to long Island, which is roughly 100 miles long and a population over 7 million. Median home price in Vancouver is over $1.5 million. Brooklyn isn't close. I know people who sold in vancuever to buy in Brooklyn because they'd still have a bunch left over.

Here's the discussion:  you were chatting about the cold, Brock replied: "I was golfing on Vancouver Island last week. 

You replied: Vancouver is more expensive than Brookyn!  Vancouver is not located on Vancouver Island, it's 3 hours away by Ferry.  So you quoted the prices of homes on Vancouver while Brock is talking about Vancouver Island.....

On ‎2‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 5:15 PM, Brock said:

I was golfing on Vancouver Island last week.

Vancouver is more expensive than Brooklyn!

Here's a map for reference:  There's lots of places on the Island considerably more affordable than Vancouver.

Image result for map of british columbia

Edited by spreads

16 hours ago, srezvan said:

While the Frankenstein was the gem of my purchases, I did buy a lot of stuff at the used book sale. Here are some of the more unusual books.

20190210_141319.thumb.jpg.9099b5033a3cf5f0505243aa2d1eb0fb.jpg

The "Wizards and Witches" book is part of a series that was sold on TV back in the early 80s.  I have about fifteen or twenty of them, iirc.  There's some great artwork in those

6 hours ago, spreads said:

Here's the discussion:  you were chatting about the cold, Brock replied: "I was golfing on Vancouver Island last week. 

You replied: Vancouver is more expensive than Brookyn!  Vancouver is not located on Vancouver Island, it's 3 hours away by Ferry.  So you quoted the prices of homes on Vancouver while Brock is talking about Vancouver Island.....

I was golfing on Vancouver Island last week.

Vancouver is more expensive than Brooklyn!

Here's a map for reference:  There's lots of places on the Island considerably more affordable than Vancouver.

Image result for map of british columbia

I was in Courtenay, where the median price for a detached 3 bedroom house is US$337,000.

I appreciate your efforts, @spreads, but I've long since given up trying to explain Canadian geography to people... to Americans, it's all just "cold" and "north". To Europeans, they have nothing to give them reference for size... the concept of a forest large enough to get lost in, for example, is mind-boggling for many. Or that if I'm sitting in Halifax, I'm more than 1,000 km closer to London, England than I am to Vancouver.

My favourite, though, was the young woman when I was living in North Carolina who told me excitedly, "You're from Canada? My God, you speak English so well!"

None of us is as good as we could be at understanding our neighbours, but Canadians will forever be known as frozen denizens of a snowy wasteland.

With Toronto as their capital city.

Edited by Brock

1 hour ago, Brock said:

Vancouver is not located on Vancouver Island, it's 3 hours away by Ferry.  

Met a surfer from Vancouver while on a tropical surf trip.  All the surfers from Vancouver surf Vancouver Island because there is no surf in Vancouver.  He went into my luggage, without asking, to borrow a cord to attach his surf leash and we kicked him out of the surf hostel where we were staying. He cried tears.

So this American knows the map for Vancouver... and Vancouver Island.  Someplace on that island... and in that city across the water... is a crybaby surf rat.

Another find.

300+ archie digests and comics, secret origins 1 - 50, Wisden Almanaks (Cricket bibles really) x 20 hardback with Dj's plus Hardback Avengers Marvel and DC big books

Plus 3 massive boxes of Barbie (stop sniggering at the back!) and Action Man figures and vehicles - 500 pieces

Sorry about pic!

1.thumb.jpg.b273bf5bf558baf47992f759ceed0c75.jpg