• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
60 60

15,840 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, RCheli said:

Details, details... 

That was my bad if I seemed abrasive :foryou:

I was hoping there was a non polybag 1st print, but was pretty sure there wasn't :(

I got mine back from CGC as a 9.0, and it's probably because I don't often do pressing.....

Indeed, the UFO 4 is a second print, and it helpfully says so right on the front cover. But the second print is itself now a $10-$15 book, so it's a solid $1 pickup. But thanks for looking out, @ADAMANTIUM

7 minutes ago, 1webslinger said:

Doesn't the barcode normally indicate the printing?  With 431 normally meaning  issue 4 , third cover, first print? 

Not always, but yes normally :foryou: 

I knew this one was different, which is why I bothered to mention it to F for Fake :shy: 

I don't know if it is because the 1st print was in a poly bag, but maybe that affected distribution of the printings.... but not sure .....

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

14 hours ago, F For Fake said:

Went to the flea market today, and I'm glad I did. I'd considered skipping it because there was also a gun show AND a car show going on at the fairgrounds, meaning a big crowd, no parking and a bunch of crazy people, but I still dragged my butt out there.

Nothing terribly exciting in the bargain bins, though I was happy to find a Rai 0 at pre-hype price, since I apparently sold all of mine too soon.

But oddly enough, the best buy I made was this collection of Marvel Age's for $25. It was sealed up so I couldn't be sure if the hot issues were included, or even tell what the condition was. But for $25 I took a flyer on it, and scored!

All of the "money books" except for 41 (the Stan Lee cover) were present and around VF or better. And yes, I'm as surprised as the rest of you to use the words "Marvel Age" and "money books" in the same phrase. 

Its surprising how many $10-$20 books are in that run. When I was a kid, Marvel Age was synonymous with garbage. We basically threw them away. But then again, we had the same attitude towards second (and later) prints, so what did we know?

photo feb 24, 4 53 06 pm.jpg

photo feb 24, 4 53 14 pm.jpg

photo feb 24, 4 54 59 pm.jpg

photo feb 24, 4 55 34 pm.jpg

photo feb 24, 5 37 00 pm.jpg

photo feb 24, 5 37 54 pm.jpg

photo feb 24, 5 38 26 pm.jpg

nice pickups! 

1 hour ago, Aweandlorder said:

Wow I can't believe that we live in a world where Marvel Age gets cherry picked

I know, right? If there was ever a sign of the end times, this might be it. But if I can make some money on the way down...

6 hours ago, 1webslinger said:

Doesn't the barcode normally indicate the printing?  With 431 normally meaning  issue 4 , third cover, first print? 

It should, but it can't be blindly trusted, especially for Marvels.

Went up north from Columbus yesterday to visit an antique shop that my younger brother had discovered while he was passing through some months ago, and informed me that the shop had comics for sale... picked up a few...

Here's a nice-looking PEP 179...would be even nicer, even with the spine ticks, if it weren't for the tape on the cover...:censored:

pep179.thumb.jpg.ae4583ea39a3668f1976159748413cbe.jpg

Moving on, I caught a couple of SA books...

mtmann3.thumb.jpg.eb8a60d5e2a3e9d6f4c966151f4b66a5.jpgwmd10.thumb.jpg.7399ca72e51ff668d23a133e7d34c243.jpg

...and some dollar bin fodder...

sd1vol.2.thumb.jpg.c06d6af629f6207b4e3b3691fdb64d06.jpgssp189.thumb.jpg.e814bdd207ce8af8409c5202ce20da60.jpgsm1-1990.thumb.jpg.f42e1dbb245648b39f529b0ebb7733fc.jpg

...lastly, this copy of Vemon LP...

venomLP1.thumb.jpg.d17e6e4e5825d2c08d7c25b8a1462d1a.jpg

"Oh, Man!" is right, Spidey... if the 2 defects weren't there, this copy would quite possibly be a gem mint; flawless otherwise...doh!

Drove to the DVD store, has mostly back issues at $2.99 or cover price if it's higher. Bought this and a cherry coke.

Guy rings me up at $4 something, calls another guy over when I hand him a $5 to see what he did wrong. Apparently he says, "sorry, I forgot to wait for the tax to ring up, I'm on codeine for a toothache!" 

Stay thirsty my friends!

20190302_131529.jpg

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

25 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

Had a fun time at a $1 comic sale this morning. Wasn't sure if I wanted to drag my butt out in the rain, but I'm glad I did.

Nothing earth shattering, but some solid dollar pickups, including a little of all of the random stuff I look for in these sales:

- A few Dave books

- A few Parrillo's

- a couple of DCU's (common ones, but still, they're in nice shape)

- random Bronze junk that no one except me would want (including forum fave Woodgod! A bargain at any price!)

- books that were hot in the 90's that are worthless today but I still buy when I find them for a buck because my brain is still wired to look for that stuff (seriously, I'll buy every sealed Superman 75 you wanna sell me for one dollar)

- nice high grade little runs of Transformers and copper X-Men that strongly push my nostalgia button

-etc

Good times! 

photo mar 09, 10 42 46 pm.jpg

photo mar 09, 10 38 52 pm.jpg

photo mar 09, 10 37 24 pm.jpg

photo mar 09, 10 39 58 pm.jpg

photo mar 09, 10 41 34 pm.jpg

photo mar 09, 10 43 14 pm.jpg

photo mar 09, 10 46 13 pm.jpg

photo mar 09, 10 46 17 pm.jpg

photo mar 09, 10 48 01 pm.jpg

All these were a $1 each?!

What LCS do you go to? 

There is a lot of good stuff there!

you are a ^^

BUT YOU OVER PAID FOR WOODGOOD! :roflmao:

9 minutes ago, comics4all said:

All these were a $1 each?!

What LCS do you go to? 

There is a lot of good stuff there!

you are a ^^

BUT YOU OVER PAID FOR WOODGOOD! :roflmao:

Yup, every book a buck a pop. My shop is The Great Escape in Louisville. There are a few shops here, but I've been going to (and worked at for a couple of years, long ago) TGE since I was about 9 years old. They have these dollar and fifty cent sales ever couple of months. Sometimes it really is junk, but there are usually enough books to make it worth stopping by.

Overpaid?! Sir, this is WOODGOD we're talking about. There is no price too high!

Here are a few surprise finds from a local flea market this past weekend, where I was helping my older sister sell off her daughter's large collection of '80s toys.

EXTRA CREDIT: "Rod Gray", who wrote the R-rated Bond/U.N.C.L.E. parody/sex-romp novel, was a pseudonym for a writer who should be fairly well-know around these parts.  Who was it? (Hint: It's Gardner Fox...)

01-ToD-30-cent.jpg

02-FMPB.jpg

03-LUSTpb.jpg

04-DocSavPB.jpg

Edited by jools&jim

On 3/18/2019 at 7:17 PM, jools&jim said:

Here are a few surprise finds from a local flea market this past weekend, where I was helping my older sister sell off her daughter's large collection of '80s toys.

EXTRA CREDIT: "Rod Gray", who wrote the R-rated Bond/U.N.C.L.E. parody/sex-romp novel, was a pseudonym for a writer who should be fairly well-know around these parts.  Who was it? (Hint: It's Gardner Fox...)

01-ToD-30-cent.jpg

02-FMPB.jpg

03-LUSTpb.jpg

04-DocSavPB.jpg

I remember that Doc Savage book! I used to have quite a few and sold them about 8 years ago.