• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,807 posts in this topic

Sad day at the antique mall today.

Went to a local mall that I haven't been to in about a year. Started out good. About 3 booths in bingo, old comics. Mostly Dells and Ritchie Rich but I spotted a Tim Holt #27, then a 28, wait for it... #30? (death wheel cover), no, then a #31. Missed by one number. Did some other lucky collector get it for $6. or was it never there? I'll never know...

Hit the usual cases of modern Disney stuff, cartoon glasses and the occasional newer comics. What did I spot? A FULL shopping cart of un-bagged vintage paper backs priced $2. each. Looked promising, a few Avon Sci-Fi's, Dell Mapbacks but they were beat from being manhandled in a shopping cart. On I went...

Spotted an interesting case with some cool 1960's toys. Look on the top shelf. Lordy! two 1965 Revell Rat Fink Model kits. Problem was, they were right under the florescent light bulb and were so faded they were virtiually worthless. The price tags had long since faded away. (probably crazy prices or they would have been long gone... DAMN!

Then from across the isle, I spotted a Haunt of Fear #17 in a case! Promising... Over I went. It was probably vg and probably priced at 9.2. A few EC's behind it but I didn't ask after seeing that price. Then, I saw them on the top shelf. Crypt of Terror #18 CGC 7.5 and Tales from the Crypt #21 CGC 6.5. Of course, right under that dammed light. They were so faded about all you could see was the black, yellow and just a hint of red. The prices had also faded into oblivion. Sadly, there were a couple piles spread out of SA DC's. Crappy titles and high prices but protected from that damn light. I didn't even ask to have the lady unlock the case.

I kind of just folded at that point and left. Wondering all the way out, what were these people thinking? Do they really think any one would want these once beautiful items at any price? Do they have so little respect for them?

I know way I don't hit antique "malls" much any more...

The labels wern’t that old. It was total ignorance or lack of respect for the books. They were sitting 6” away from a fluorescent light bulb for quite some time. You would think the most expensive things in your case would get noticed if they started to fade. 

On 4/13/2019 at 12:11 AM, W16227 said:

Couple more decent pulls from the boxes. This lot overall was 3 longs total - about 50% moderns, the rest mainly copper and bronze.  

Many modern hulks to sort through -- includes run of planet hulk/WW hulk - 

7705727A-8430-4CD6-ACB7-C66347748E0D.thumb.jpeg.ef11e92275a4249cca33c5dd11df04d5.jpeg

Kamandi - 1-10 with an extra 1

3FAC21B6-3B7B-4853-A7B7-AA30B2A070DE.thumb.jpeg.f189667887f1445b1c6b5a1f06c6576f.jpeg

the #1s here - are likley slab worthy...  ( along with the MM 1 from above post) 

AF635BFF-3286-47BA-826D-F4D126EFFF11.thumb.jpeg.b6fdc7f48881d8e840fb97253af96f9e.jpeg

Love some Kamandi!

JK just nailed those covers - Great score, very happy for you!

Edited by Beige

Went on a bit of free-stylin' ala Frankie Fritz and Howlin' Mikey Wolfe stylee.

Stopped at a little place about 150kms out of Melbourne.

Mixed bunch in an old house just outside the township.

Couple of old cars, but as I only sell stuff I can easily and cheaply post, I left them - there was a really nice old Scooter there, that I may go back for....

Anyhoo...

About 60 Life Magazines 1954 - 1971 ish

70 Issues Boxing News

200 issues Fighter/Fist/The Ring boxing magazines - Cool Mohammed Ali, Frazier, Bugner etc fights - all from 1970's

250 Pulp Western Novello's - some are incredibly racy.

Not what we expected from a little old lady in the bush :fear:

Plus some more masks - again, French made.

$100 all up - result (hopefully...  :banana: )

IMG_20190415_122625.thumb.jpg.7362b83ac452e2ee4c93c3ea0e716977.jpg

15 minutes ago, tv horror said:

So it needed a new home?:bigsmile: I'll keep a lookout for the wanted posters.(thumbsu

Haha it was all ready to be trashed along some other candy containers (Hershey's Reese's pieces etc). I was ready to take them all but wifey almost had a heart attack when she saw me drag this to the car. On second thought she liked it after she saw she could fit her shoes on the racks. Now she loves it!

7 hours ago, Aweandlorder said:

Haha it was all ready to be trashed along some other candy containers (Hershey's Reese's pieces etc). I was ready to take them all but wifey almost had a heart attack when she saw me drag this to the car. On second thought she liked it after she saw she could fit her shoes on the racks. Now she loves it!

6 hours ago, tv horror said:

Honey? Would you mind walking home I need the space.:bigsmile:

She needs to walk to really appreciate how the M&M rack can hold her shoes.

On 4/18/2019 at 11:49 AM, Aweandlorder said:

So not really a garage pickup or comic related but thought this was cool. While I was pulling up to the gas station yesterday I saw this sitting outside the 7/11.. Excellent condition, wheels are all functional, just need a little clean up at the base. No rust or spots

IMG_4288.thumb.JPG.82e9d068410b235e094e22828c1b53b4.JPGIMG_4286.thumb.JPG.7ddc8b478b6c8db4beb7021196335d79.JPG

Are the racks wide enough to hold small stacks of comics face-up?

If so, it'd be great for classic funny books and duck books!

On 4/16/2019 at 4:06 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Another $1 at the used bookstore, and a friendly reminder that it's as sure as a gambit movie :foryou:

1st Bella Donna

20190416_150334.jpg

Nice find for a buck🆒🆒‼️👍