• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,805 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, jcjames said:

Stopped by on the way home from work and found this nice little set. All in surprisingly sharp condition, nary a spine-tick among them!

20190422_140551-1.jpg

Those must be particularly sturdy cardstock covers, because I've picked up several sets of these over the last couple of years and have never found one less than NM.

14 hours ago, jcjames said:

Also picked these up at the same time.

The SDCC Update was interesting, I guess it was a thing to run around and get people's fingerprint???

20190422_182454-1.jpg

20190422_182732-1.jpg

20190422_182750.jpg

20190422_182823.jpg

That's...creepy? 

8 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

That's...creepy? 

Actually it is more reliable than an autograph, I think it was last year that the law changed on selling autographs that you had to provide DNA with the signature? Even photo proof was suspect if I remember rightly. In fact Stephen Hawking would give autographs with a fingerprint.:foryou:  

9 minutes ago, tv horror said:

Actually it is more reliable than an autograph, I think it was last year that the law changed on selling autographs that you had to provide DNA with the signature? Even photo proof was suspect if I remember rightly. In fact Stephen Hawking would give autographs with a fingerprint.:foryou:  

Patiently awaiting stories of the folks in the pics above being framed for crimes they claimed they didn't commit!

53 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

Patiently awaiting stories of the folks in the pics above being framed for crimes they claimed they didn't commit!

Where you...At the SDCC convention centre or in and around San Diego city centre?

images.jpg

On 1/19/2019 at 3:30 PM, Mercury Man said:

Paid a buck for this.  Anybody have any idea the print run?  Would it have been more-less-equal to a regular Marvel release from 1979?

IMG_0085.jpg

The circulation for major newspapers in the early '80s was really large.  The Dallas Times Herald's circulation (that also had several comics distributed through it) was in the neighborhood of 300,000.  Even assuming half of these were destroyed, there would still be a ton out there.  I assume the Chicago Tribune had circulation much, much higher than 300,000.