• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
60 60

15,838 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, jcjames said:

Ok not at ALL comic related, but just pretty cool I think -

1958 Schaub-Lorenz Primaballerina radio/phonograph, found in working condition at Goodwill. Sputnik-era West-German electronics!
20190611_192844-1.jpg

20190611_193152.jpg

FM works great, AM tuner doesn't go full bandwidth, record player is not original and needs replacing anyway. 

Warm, rich, full vacuum-tube sound. :cloud9:

Will probably do some work restoring it (I think most caps and pots are original). Love the magic eye! And it works!

Check those power supply capacitors.  They can cause a lot of damage when they go and being that old, they probably are ready.  Had an issue with a 1961 Fender Bassman Amp, took out the output transformer when they went.

17 minutes ago, aszumilo said:

Check those power supply capacitors.  They can cause a lot of damage when they go and being that old, they probably are ready.  Had an issue with a 1961 Fender Bassman Amp, took out the output transformer when they went.

I've never worked on an amp or set like this. But I am eager to learn!

Just now, jcjames said:

I've never worked on an amp or set like this. But I am eager to learn!

If you never have worked on something like this, be very careful.  Those old capacitors can hold a big charge that can injure or kill.  You are dealing with a lot higher voltages than the electronics today use.  If you have no electronics experience, you may want to find someone who works on these to do it.

9 hours ago, aszumilo said:

If you never have worked on something like this, be very careful.  Those old capacitors can hold a big charge that can injure or kill.  You are dealing with a lot higher voltages than the electronics today use.  If you have no electronics experience, you may want to find someone who works on these to do it.

Yeah, I know. I found an antique radio club in the area I'll contact for help. I have some electronics experience, at least enough to know I need a bit more when dealing with 2-400v caps! Thanks. 

My kid and I made our 10th Annual Father's Day road trip to the flea markets and antique malls in central PA today.  Here's what I came home with:

A no-brainer $20 flea market lot of SA & BA readers (click on the pic below for a larger and non-blurry image)...

2vdpmiw.jpg

...and, unexpectedly!, two '60s DC war books for my Full Date Stamp Collection from an antique mall across the street from the flea market...

6nwcxc.jpg

2wf4qvq.jpg

All in all, a good time was had by all...!!!  Happy Father's Day, lads, to all the dads out there!!!

Edited by jools&jim

On ‎6‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 12:03 AM, rlextherobot said:

Curio and junk store with a ton of eighties comics close to my place had this Eclipse Miracleman hardcover. Not one of the super rare ones but still a steal at $25 Canadian in near perfect shape. 

IMG_20190614_175214.jpg

I've seen the TPBs a few times, I'm guessing they're a lot more common?

4 minutes ago, rlextherobot said:

Yup, although still not easy to find. Volume 3 ("Olympus") still goes for $100+ in softcover in worn shape. 

It's good to know these things, I buy and sell Trades all the time....there's only a handful I can think of that are rare or valuable enough, not to blow out at 70% off retail....

33 minutes ago, Bird said:

Here are some books at the estate auction I am at today. These major comics start at 4 pm with a nice AF15! They have JIM83, ToS39, Spider-Man 1 and a bunch more. The Hulk 2 has some tears in the cover but I may try for it anyway. This place usually gets strong prices. I will try to get a picture of the AF15 upload and will come back and edit tonight with final prices if I remember to write them down. They have 2 Avengers 4s as well and one is pretty nice.

D9hIP9lXUAMf8_8.jpg

D9hIP9pXkAAKNki.jpgD9hIP9jXYAUgmZz.jpgD9hINRpXYAQgh_v.jpgD9hINRrXoAUo-jm.jpgD9hINRsXkAURFbg.jpgD9hINRsWsAAyl15.jpg

Nice,  what are you going to pick up

54 minutes ago, Bird said:

Here are some books at the estate auction I am at today. These major comics start at 4 pm with a nice AF15! They have JIM83, ToS39, Spider-Man 1 and a bunch more. The Hulk 2 has some tears in the cover but I may try for it anyway. This place usually gets strong prices. I will try to get a picture of the AF15 upload and will come back and edit tonight with final prices if I remember to write them down. They have 2 Avengers 4s as well and one is pretty nice.

D9hIP9lXUAMf8_8.jpg

D9hIP9pXkAAKNki.jpgD9hIP9jXYAUgmZz.jpgD9hINRpXYAQgh_v.jpgD9hINRrXoAUo-jm.jpgD9hINRsXkAURFbg.jpgD9hINRsWsAAyl15.jpg

Damn, hope you brought your checkbook!

9 minutes ago, Bird said:

I will probably get shut out as this place often goes above market value but hopefully I’ll go home with something

It won’t be this one though obviously

4E21E426-80E8-48BD-9426-71C547A4DD01.jpeg

Let us know what that one pulls down if you are around for it.  I was going to show up there today but couldn't swing it.  Any resto on the key books?