• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
60 60

15,838 posts in this topic

wow @Bird some fairly high prices!!

did they have estimates of grades with the non restoration claim?

also, i think it was you, who had a double cover that cgc didn't have both grades online? did that ever work out?

7 minutes ago, Bird said:

The letter M Means that a local dealer name Mike bought it the G is for Steve Geppi and x was the guy sitting in front of me who bought a lot of the most expensive books as well

I figured "G" was for Mr. GotRocks :grin:

Yeah, looks like he came loaded for bear. :whatthe:

Great posts @Bird, thanks for sharing!

And congrats!

8 hours ago, Bird said:

Here are some books at the estate auction I am at today. These major comics start at 4 pm with a nice AF15! They have JIM83, ToS39, Spider-Man 1 and a bunch more. The Hulk 2 has some tears in the cover but I may try for it anyway. This place usually gets strong prices. I will try to get a picture of the AF15 upload and will come back and edit tonight with final prices if I remember to write them down. They have 2 Avengers 4s as well and one is pretty nice.

D9hIP9lXUAMf8_8.jpg

D9hIP9pXkAAKNki.jpgD9hIP9jXYAUgmZz.jpgD9hINRpXYAQgh_v.jpgD9hINRrXoAUo-jm.jpgD9hINRsXkAURFbg.jpgD9hINRsWsAAyl15.jpg

Where would you have graded the better X-men 1? Looks like a 7.0+ in the pic, but it's hard to tell. 

1 hour ago, 1webslinger said:

Did you get ASM 1 or did Geppi?

G for Geppi. I just thought that it was a good deal so I noted that.

45 minutes ago, Real Elijah Snow said:

Where would you have graded the better X-men 1? Looks like a 7.0+ in the pic, but it's hard to tell. 

I am not sure. I didn't look it over hard as I knew it was more than I was planning on spending today.

1 hour ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

wow @Bird some fairly high prices!!

did they have estimates of grades with the non restoration claim?

also, i think it was you, who had a double cover that cgc didn't have both grades online? did that ever work out?

No grade estimates. In fact the comic guy who looked over all books would not venture anything close to a grade as he said it only causes them grief if people disagree after purchases.

And the double cover was a bit of a crazy story that I would rather not share, suffice it to say my actual book got to me eventually with 9.0 grades for both covers! D"OH! And cgc didn't mix them up, it happened elsewhere but got resolved.

14 hours ago, Bird said:

Here are a few more pics 

2A6F78D8-A041-41B8-AA36-7A6B0887C753.jpeg

Did I read your notes right @Bird?

This Avengers 4 went for $3,500?  If so, someone needs to get their prescription checked.  Yikes.

Or maybe those creases are on the mylar?  It's hard to tell.

Edited by entalmighty1

13 minutes ago, entalmighty1 said:

Did I read your notes right @Bird?

This Avengers 4 went for $3,500?  If so, someone needs to get their prescription checked.  Yikes.

Or maybe those creases are on the mylar?  It's hard to tell.

There were two of that issue and one went for 700 I can’t tell you which one is pictured here But I do indeed think that it’s the nicer one

1 minute ago, jcjames said:

At an auction like this, are you able to see more than just the front cover of big books? Check inside? How does that work?

If you got there early enough yes you could look at all the books except for AF 15 which they had photocopies of. some books you couldn’t handle but the employee would take them out for you

7 hours ago, Bird said:

today's haul

D97cjP7X4AEF-I2.jpgD97cjO8X4AcPRR1.jpgD97cjO9WkAMQHWC.jpg

The real question is...will I have to discipline to hold that one book for the Christmas gift exchange here or will I flip it first like I did the Rudolph Treasuries?

Man I didn't know there was any demand for those Amazing Spider-man kids books, 'skating on thin ice'.  I've tossed out dozens over the years....

3 minutes ago, spreads said:

Man I didn't know there was any demand for those Amazing Spider-man kids books, 'skating on thin ice'.  I've tossed out dozens over the years....

There isn’t really any demand but I tend to get the odd books I like those freebies and newspaper inserts and such

Edited by Bird