• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,807 posts in this topic

24 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

Found these at a garage sale

7F78EA52-A0BE-4F0E-BC25-41B070035F14.jpeg

Dang I know it's impolite but I want to know how much you peyote'd :eek: 

but CONGATS ^^ 

Just now, Bird said:

how many beats did you heart skip when you saw them?

good score. I hope you got them on the cheap too!

I knew it was a reprint and also the condition of the FF49 was kinda poor so it wasn't a big deal to me. I paid him a lot more than he expected. He was very happy with what I gave him and I was very happy with the other books I had picked up before getting these.

On 6/28/2019 at 9:13 PM, porcupine48 said:

Some have Canadian price differences,and there's a demand for the French ones in my experience,they're a little tough.I'm actually looking for a French Chaos in Calgary.

They are one of my hoarding weaknesses.

I’ve got multiples of all the Canadian price books.  Never seen the French ones....

15 minutes ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

I’ve got multiples of all the Canadian price books.  Never seen the French ones....

Being Quebec(I think) only,they're sort of tough.Took me a long time to find three and four-and I'm in capital city,so I can see Quebec from my back window,visit friends in Hull/Gatineau quite often.Finding them in higher grade was another challenge altogether!

Just now, porcupine48 said:

Being Quebec(I think) only,they're sort of tough.Took me a long time to find three and four-and I'm in capital city,so I can see Quebec from my back window,visit friends in Hull/Gatineau quite often.Finding them in higher grade was another challenge altogether!

Most people don't know how bad we have it.  Ottawa is comic-poor: a lot of small dealers asking big money for small books.  Gatineau/Hull is worse, all the back issues come from an overpriced Ottawa dealer.  There are probably a bunch of copies in Montreal, though.  Check with Rosaire Fontaine at the Walkley show, he's a good guy, and doesn't have the stink of a Montreal dealer on him that the others have.

1 minute ago, FineCollector said:

Most people don't know how bad we have it.  Ottawa is comic-poor: a lot of small dealers asking big money for small books.  Gatineau/Hull is worse, all the back issues come from an overpriced Ottawa dealer.  There are probably a bunch of copies in Montreal, though.  Check with Rosaire Fontaine at the Walkley show, he's a good guy, and doesn't have the stink of a Montreal dealer on him that the others have.

I've done a lot of trade with Rosaire-is he now doing the Walkley show?It's always great to chat with him-I really do need to drop by.Going to the hotel show felt great,saw him there and that's where 95% of my money went.

Pretty sure I know the 'Montreal stink' you speak of and the overpriced Ottawa dealer lol Guy always treats me very well-but normally in the past most of what I'd be interested in was picked in Montreal,Toronto first.

Ottawa's always seemed a bit comic poor to me,even back in the eighties,nineties,finding GA,Atomic or even pre hero stuff was a huge thrill unless you went to Maple Con.

just another public service announcement, as it doesn't get said enough - it pays to keep trying, you never know when a good one will come up or when it will be your turn*

I had gone to an earlier yard sale that was scheduled to be open at 8:30am. I took my time and arrived at 8:15am. As I pulled up a local dealer I know was handing out some cash. I went to look at the boxes and he said he had purchased them all. As far as I could tell they were modern books but what they were I have no idea. I kicked myself for not arriving earlier but didn't think I'd have a lot of competition because the pics showed modern books and no one really hunts those down around here. 

I arrived at the start of the next one and didn't expect much as the original ad said they were opened yesterday. When I walked up to the boxes, they were partially full. I asked if anyone had come by when I had seen a lot of books worth the price he was asking and he said that they didn't open yesterday.

I got lucky. But I also made my luck by being persistent. And that's a big part of this. Keeping at it. I've seen many collections in the past month, some have been great, some have been no thanks. Keeping checking things out. Never know what might turn up.

*Disclaimer. The previous post only applies to areas outside the Chicago area. Please do not look for or buy comics in this area (Chicago, all of Illinois, Wisconsin, Michigan and Indiana) as they are all spoken for. Thank you for your cooperation.

1 hour ago, DocHoppus182 said:

And finally, you can’t go wrong with Bakers in the wild.....

9D654A54-00B0-4C72-8E59-4A22AA53A49E.jpeg

442AB1DB-DEF6-4F72-BB04-881C6A4BE739.jpeg

099EBC8C-DF01-434A-9AC2-CAA780341A9E.jpeg

0DE2171F-509E-4972-9F21-72ADFD68B151.jpeg

Wow Doc!  Congrats!   Condition be dammed. I love little surprises like that. There is usually one or two gems in a bunch like that. Finds like that are far and few between these days but they are still out there if you look hard enough...

1 hour ago, comics4all said:

I thought that was a first print of  FF 1!!!!!!

I think that was the point of the post.....