• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,805 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:

Found these at a garage sale

7F78EA52-A0BE-4F0E-BC25-41B070035F14.jpeg

I assume the writing hurts the value but I love it. Adds something and not too valuable a book where you have regrets. Great finds.

Usually during our dogs night time walks I check out the local free book library on the corner near our dog park.Great little homemade thing like a jumbo mailbox,we're lucky to have three in the neighbourhood.I try to replace as many books as I take,a few times I've lucked into some comics,nothing big,Ren and Stimpy,some nineties trades.Tonight I was pleased to find these,I've heard a lot of good things!(I dropped off a dozenish vhs I'd rescued from the rubbish a few days ago,they always go quick)

!!!!!0.jpg

Any other Long Island open air flea markets that are worth going to? 

Does not have to have comics at all. I just like looking for interesting things.

Bellmore Train Station is no longer on the menu. 

43 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Any other Long Island open air flea markets that are worth going to? 

Does not have to have comics at all. I just like looking for interesting things.

Bellmore Train Station is no longer on the menu. 

I was there once last year. Didn't find it to appealing. (shrug) Did they close down? 

34 minutes ago, mr_highgrade said:

I was there once last year. Didn't find it to appealing. (shrug) Did they close down? 

I find it to be nothing short of a dump for things that you normally could not pay people to take away for you. 

Very bad experience I witnessed last week as well. Didn’t happen to me but it left a bad taste in my mouth.  Older gentleman found himself in a bad way and until myself and another guy helped him out (and a third guy attempted to do something) people just passed him by. 

Given that situation combined with what the place actually offers... It leaves a very bad taste in my mouth. 

Given the fact that everyone is online or has access to fb groups and eBay I realize that things will never be like some of the New England flea markets that my parents took me to in the 1980’s but surely there is better than the Bellmore Train Station flea market.  

16 hours ago, rsouxlja7 said:

I had a very eventful 4th of July. I bought the rest of this collection (around 250 more books)

IMG_4133.thumb.jpg.23ac1c726d91f61b28bf79ec6b9a70a0.jpg

IMG_4134.thumb.jpg.d6d3a227f43272e1ae46d377c921fcd3.jpg

IMG_4135.thumb.JPG.34cacdc242bead2b1e4932494e35d183.JPG

I then bought 100 books from a different guy, all silver age DC mystery/horror/sci-fi/Superman titles plus a couple Marvels:

IMG_4132.thumb.JPG.beed016fd9a41d0e59cbcc6f3052ff63.JPG

Wow! That is awesome!

WHat did all that run you? must have been $$$$$$$$$$$

Today’s multiple family garage sale in the townhouses. Found some good readers for 3 at $1.00 each and one book I never seen before, it comes with a recording cassette tape. Batman and Robin which was illustrated by Ross Andru, Jim Aparo and Joe Orlando. 

9DF6B617-7EDF-4F28-BF66-7A920E2DCB21.jpeg

408787BA-2580-4683-8C59-733DC8E48C0C.jpeg