• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,806 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, Bearcatcoach said:

I should have made a poll....who wants to pay $20 to clean out someone's trash!

(Truthfully though on another day if I hadn't already had a full van and it would have been earlier in the day I might have taken that $20 plunge....)

However, in one of the flats I bought in the main auction ring had this little surprise....a Creation Con program from 1979....not valuable but what makes it cool to me is that this was the first Comic Con I ever went to.  I actually still have my original booklet signed by the guest of honor Jim Shooter!

My Dad took me to that convention....only one he ever went to....but it ment the world to me that he would drive a couple of hours to Chicago so that I could get my geek on when geek wasn't cool....he's been gone a long time now but I still Love you Pops!

20190715_124511.jpg

that's a cool story (thumbsu

3 hours ago, spreads said:

On the subject of piles of boxes.....we just picked-up a collection of about 50 boxes; don't kid yourself guys this takes serious time and effort but for me it's worth it.  Here's the best of the lot....to keep my wife happy the bulk of them are in the shed!  I had to leave enough space to be able to get my bike in/out easily.  

HULK 181 not for sale at this time, it's probably going to CGC...

IMG_3766.JPG

IMG_3767.JPG

nice pick up best of luck with the treasure hunting

18 hours ago, Phantalien said:

Are those 50 long boxes?   Did you have to rent a truck to pick them up?

Three vehicles, two SUVs (mine, my partner's) and the son of the family selling them.  I'm not even sure what type of vehicle would be able to handle all of these, maybe a massive cube van?  I've thought about getting a trail hitch to my vehicle and a small trailer since we own a cottage 2 hours away where a trailer would be very useful.

Edit: sorry not quite 50 longs, maybe 45-46...but a batch of 8-10 shorts...

Edited by spreads
edit

17 hours ago, Krishosein said:

nice pick up best of luck with the treasure hunting

Thanks, we have gone through them once and stripped out most of the value, but there is at least one box with some keys in it I'd like to bring inside.  Anyways, it will keep me busy for awhile I got a 5 month old at home!

Edited by spreads

32 minutes ago, spreads said:

Three vehicles, two SUVs (mine, my partner's) and the son of the family selling them.  I'm not even sure what type of vehicle would be able to handle all of these, maybe a massive cube van?  I've thought about getting a trail hitch to my vehicle and a small trailer since we own a cottage 2 hours away where a trailer would be very useful.

Edit: sorry not quite 50 longs, maybe 45-46...but a batch of 8-10 shorts...

A Ford Transit Van will haul 100 long boxes.....and a smooth ride to boot!

On 7/6/2019 at 9:17 PM, porcupine48 said:

I looked for online images,but no luck.Maybe @Get Marwood & I has scans,he's a super completist.

These they Jim? Ooh Valeur! 

487357741_asmminifrmidgrade1-5(2).thumb.jpg.d352177ac754d70f9ef62c75d064df90.jpg

Was on vacation this weekend and stumbled across a pleasant surprise:  the original  artwork for 2 Sunday strips and 3 daily strips from the Star Wars newspaper strip. 

The Sunday strips have the color guid attached to back of the frame. 

The glass on the last Sunday strip is cracked. Hope they fix it soon before the artwork gets damaged, but I have a feeling they probably won’t.  

Didn’t buy any of them but still very cool to see in person. 

EC5A2264-D47C-4475-8608-727FD575F512.jpeg

A1D8D270-AA2E-4A52-9C32-84D3F85F2778.jpeg

28168A78-1670-4C73-8E09-9FDF3556610E.jpeg

CF2E31B8-959C-4FE0-8702-3969032F8CA9.jpeg

5BF1BB94-9371-44C6-A40E-B303D3A6CF77.jpeg

9B94D226-9200-4297-9D27-E84052D8B296.jpeg

Edited by Number 6

1 hour ago, spreads said:

I'd need something with AWD though....

Don't think any big Vans have that feature.....otherwise I do recommend a Transit for hauling a big load of comics or whatever.

Loads like this.....no problem!

20181021_190136.jpg