• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,805 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, Bearcatcoach said:

Don't think any big Vans have that feature.....otherwise I do recommend a Transit for hauling a big load of comics or whatever.

Loads like this.....no problem!

20181021_190136.jpg

Ya that's a ton of mess!!

But I would sacrifice a vehicle better equipped for some off-roading capabilities....this van wouldn't cut it in the mountains, especially during winter.

16 hours ago, porcupine48 said:

I'd gladly buy my collection for 150$ a box.

It's a little different when you know what's in there!  We're talking sight unseen here....and if you can view them, how much sifting will you possible be able to go through?  At 380 you'd need about 20 hours to just quickly flip through the comics, let alone pull them out and inspect them.... 

Edited by spreads

25 minutes ago, spreads said:

It's a little different when you know what's in there!  We're talking sight unseen here....and if you can view them, how much sifting will you possible be able to go through?  At 380 you'd need about 20 hours to just quickly flip through the comics, let alone pull them out and inspect them.... 

yeah that's a lot of work and a risk for such a large investment and to try to go through that many boxes calculate a estimated value per box. what if they are complete modern runs worth if your lucky 1 dollar each and to try to resell them at a 1 each the time effort etc.. Props to @Bird if you do the deal 

5 hours ago, spreads said:

Oh,for sure!With a possible deal that large you'd have to be willing to do a little sleuthing and time spending,finding out a little before you ever viewed them no?It could be something like a gem of thirty years plus old untouched stored goodies or flipside,a bunch of junk accumulated from picked and repicked collections.Ugh,could you imagine 380 boxes of the drekkiest eighties and mid nineties drek.Horror lol Either way I think I'd have a lot of fun just looking.

I got a reply to my craigslist ad and bought two long boxes today. Totally pervy books, not that their is anything wrong with that. Glory, Avenglyne, lots of books starting with the word Blood, China Exposed!, Double Stryke nude, etc. The guy threw in some national geographics, some Wrestling mags and a bunch of Wizard mags all in great condition. I probably could have gotten 5 short boxes of Playboys, Maxim and such just about for free but passed on those as room in the car was at a premium and they are a tough sell in my experience.

On 7/22/2019 at 11:43 AM, Robot Man said:

On the road antiqueing with my wife. Found this single book laying on a guy’s flea market table. Price one dollar. My wife thought I was crazy. She told me it was just to “well loved”. :roflmao: She might have well been right. I grabbed it any way...

FF2E9213-DA99-4EDA-B47C-B53DDA96E24C.jpeg

image.png.40f418ad801b879dba57949e2f8cbde4.png

Edited by stock_rotation

13 hours ago, AnkurJ said:

Bought a collection this week. Just happened to work out. All original owner. Lots of Disney and Looney toon books but some gems in the mix. Looked through two boxes and took a shot. Now trying to figure out the best way to sell 1600 books! lol

DD4608B1-8569-4CD6-A7A4-B32C4B5E2A85.jpeg

62F314F3-D49E-4A13-992F-16CA67A2DA81.jpeg

B6360043-0DFD-4589-8870-D356CDD6E23D.jpeg

0E252B36-BD2C-49C5-85FB-11751FEB9413.jpeg

Awesome!!!! What do you got for superior publishing PCH?

19 hours ago, AnkurJ said:

Bought a collection this week. Just happened to work out. All original owner. Lots of Disney and Looney toon books but some gems in the mix. Looked through two boxes and took a shot. Now trying to figure out the best way to sell 1600 books! lol

DD4608B1-8569-4CD6-A7A4-B32C4B5E2A85.jpeg

62F314F3-D49E-4A13-992F-16CA67A2DA81.jpeg

B6360043-0DFD-4589-8870-D356CDD6E23D.jpeg

0E252B36-BD2C-49C5-85FB-11751FEB9413.jpeg

That’s a problem we all wish to have...Congrats! First thing would do is put that pretty Horiffic 3 and Venus in pretty new mylars and bury them deep in my collection. 

Then offer up what else I didn’t want right here on the boards...

Tease us and show some more with the back story.

Edited by Robot Man

13 hours ago, Robot Man said:

That’s a problem we all wish to have...Congrats! First thing would do is put that pretty Horiffic 3 and Venus in pretty new mylars and bury them deep in my collection. 

Then offer up what else I didn’t want right here on the boards...

Tease us and show some more with the back story.

Not much back story really. Everything went down in a span of 12 hours! Never expected it to work out.