• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,807 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, porcupine48 said:

My partner came home with a shoe box of books for me.So far it's a mix of bronze through modernish,some cared for some not.I'm sort of savouring going through it.So far there's an X Factor 5 and a Carnage Mind Bomb,a bunch of later newstand issues and a pile of end run GI Joe.Nicest surprise gift ever,someone just walked into the pet store after being told they wouldn't even look at them at the LCS up the street and asked if they could leave them on the counter while she shopped.Fun,fun,fun! :cloud9:

!!!!!1.jpg

!!!!!0.jpg

I know that LCS you're referring to, it's a disgrace!  But nice grab for you!

6 minutes ago, spreads said:

Thanks!

I've passed on that they can call me or send anyone down the street from now on.You never know,and even if it's just some beat up Mad magazine,Cracked readers I'll be happy.It's fun.

Edited by porcupine48
Forgot my manners.

25 minutes ago, spreads said:

Is that our friends who are fundraising to get out of bankruptcy?  insufficiently_thoughtful_persons.  That Carnage would turn over in hours.

5 hours ago, Shadow said:

Went to a used bookstore on a whim today. Had comics but most were 1990’s and later. But I did find some OSPG. This was the oldest and only $5 so, what the heck. I’d love to jump in the Comic Time Machine to get my X-Men #1 grail for $25 in Mint. Or GSX #1 for .80 cents...

4BEEBF05-2738-408D-8B32-F38AF4ADBF8C.jpeg

That was the first OSPG I ever bought-- still have it. You paid less though.

On 7/25/2019 at 7:53 PM, AnkurJ said:

Bought a collection this week. Just happened to work out. All original owner. Lots of Disney and Looney toon books but some gems in the mix. Looked through two boxes and took a shot. Now trying to figure out the best way to sell 1600 books! lol

62F314F3-D49E-4A13-992F-16CA67A2DA81.jpeg

Those don't appear to have ever been bagged either. I can see some are sort of beat up/well loved (for example - that Star Wars in the front of one of the middle boxes looks pretty ragged). But I am a little surprised some of the older ones are in such good shape. Almost makes me wonder if these were sort of stacked at some point Edgar Church style and then placed in these boxes later on.

Nice find!

Edited by 01TheDude

2 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Wow! Nice gift! Did you get anything else? Yes the Patrol Leader is DT. It is a “bounce back” premium meaning you had to get like 5 friends to sign up and you became the Patrol Leader. You have the Inspector General badge. Highest rank and worth the most. Used to be a VERY expensive premium but the price has come down a little on premiums. To get that one you had to send in like 100 Quaker box tops and already be a Captain. Got any rings? 

Thanks a bunch!

No rings, which is fine by me.  Truthfully, I dont collect this stuff because it is just another neverending rabbit hole. But as a gift it is completely awesome as I would not buy it for myself and no urge to collect more.

I love the old Tracy comics and am planning to probably turn this into a fun display to hang up, maybe a shadow box.

The places we go to find stuff...

Answer to my ad - go there, small house, Rabbits, Cats, Dogs and associated poo everywhere.....

Door opens - single mum yelling into phone about ex-husbands restraining order.....

Poor sad looking kid in garden.

I nearly left these, I felt so sorry for the kid, as they were obviously once his - but as his mother so succinctly put it - "you want 'em or do I sell to the next guy in 10 minutes".

$100USD later and I go home with these. Plus free Rabbit poo in one box.

Luckily the comics weren't too bad - mostly FN - VFN

1.thumb.jpg.69c85c12bc3cf89058220b4a8a11d30a.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.045934b8be82eb9af789de8cf7644105.jpg

3.thumb.jpg.2ce326c88485a07b6f62ef9e0dfbc763.jpg

4.thumb.jpg.543621c0c404c1ee27cda3e11942cf7c.jpg

The TMNT #5 - #11 are 1st prints  #2 is a 2nd print.

Tales of TMNT #1 and the one-shots are all 1st prints

Plus the rest. 

I wanted to leave the books for the kid - but as my wife said "at least he will eat tonight"

Very mixed feelings about this buy.

21 hours ago, Beige said:

The places we go to find stuff...

Answer to my ad - go there, small house, Rabbits, Cats, Dogs and associated poo everywhere.....

Door opens - single mum yelling into phone about ex-husbands restraining order.....

Poor sad looking kid in garden.

I nearly left these, I felt so sorry for the kid, as they were obviously once his - but as his mother so succinctly put it - "you want 'em or do I sell to the next guy in 10 minutes".

$100USD later and I go home with these. Plus free Rabbit poo in one box.

Luckily the comics weren't too bad - mostly FN - VFN

1.thumb.jpg.69c85c12bc3cf89058220b4a8a11d30a.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.045934b8be82eb9af789de8cf7644105.jpg

3.thumb.jpg.2ce326c88485a07b6f62ef9e0dfbc763.jpg

4.thumb.jpg.543621c0c404c1ee27cda3e11942cf7c.jpg

The TMNT #5 - #11 are 1st prints  #2 is a 2nd print.

Tales of TMNT #1 and the one-shots are all 1st prints

Plus the rest. 

I wanted to leave the books for the kid - but as my wife said "at least he will eat tonight"

Very mixed feelings about this buy.

Makes me feel bad for the kid too.  Regardless, the mother was going to get rid of them.  At least you know where they went and will be cared for. 

Weird because you'll now be the person in the kid's story when he gets older (mom sold my collection in a "garage sale"). 

Patrick

8 hours ago, followtheleader said:

Makes me feel bad for the kid too.  Regardless, the mother was going to get rid of them.  At least you know where they went and will be cared for. 

Weird because you'll now be the person in the kid's story when he gets older (mom sold my collection in a "garage sale"). 

Patrick

that makes me sad I feel for that poor kid. Well I hope one day he can get enough money or will be able to get back his collection. 

5 hours ago, Krishosein said:

that makes me sad I feel for that poor kid. Well I hope one day he can get enough money or will be able to get back his collection. 

Pull out the best keys, recoup some of your cost, and send all the rest back to him as a Christmas present. :angel:

Maybe I'm missing something, but the comics are all a lot older than the kid, how do you know they were his?  He could just be a sad looking kid.  If you want, drop off some kids comics you have no use for (FCBD stuff, archies etc.) and maybe a gift card to Dairy queen so his mom can buy him an ice cream cone (or whatever it is you Aussies eat!).