• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
60 60

15,838 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, spreads said:

Maybe I'm missing something, but the comics are all a lot older than the kid, how do you know they were his?  He could just be a sad looking kid.  If you want, drop off some kids comics you have no use for (FCBD stuff, archies etc.) and maybe a gift card to Dairy queen so his mom can buy him an ice cream cone (or whatever it is you Aussies eat!). 

They were in his room, in a cupboard - with a Rabbit in a cage as well in the same cupboard, in the dark.

His Mum had flea bites all over her legs, I think there may have been some 'substance' issues as well. She was quite unkempt.

You are right - they may have been his Dads (which, when you think about it is actually worse) - Kid was about 12 I'd say.

7 hours ago, masterlogan2000 said:

And then you can buy them back from the mother when she sells them again the next garage sale!  (thumbsu

Highly likely.

31 minutes ago, Beige said:

After a lot of thought - I can't give them back, (they will be sold to someone else within a day, probably for less than I paid) - this still doesn't sit well.

So, I talked with my wife, and on her way home from the CBD she is picking up a $50 AUD Coles Food Gift Voucher.

It can't be cashed, or used for Alcohol or Cigarettes - and is made out to the mothers name, so hopefully she won't swap it for $$   :wishluck:

It will be posted to their address tomorrow with a note like "I paid too little - enjoy a meal on us, give your lad a treat!" - "Thanks again for the nice comics"

That's all I can think of.

Hopefully this will put food in the fridge, not booze or worse in the mother.

2c

Very classy of you and your wife.

8 hours ago, Beige said:

After a lot of thought - I can't give them back, (they will be sold to someone else within a day, probably for less than I paid) - this still doesn't sit well.

So, I talked with my wife, and on her way home from the CBD she is picking up a $50 AUD Coles Food Gift Voucher.

It can't be cashed, or used for Alcohol or Cigarettes - and is made out to the mothers name, so hopefully she won't swap it for $$   :wishluck:

It will be posted to their address tomorrow with a note like "I paid too little - enjoy a meal on us, give your lad a treat!" - "Thanks again for the nice comics"

2c

that's pretty awesome of you and your wife to do (thumbsu

12 hours ago, Beige said:

2c

That's cool that you're doing that, but I would recommend instead of saying "I paid too little", maybe say "because I am enjoying the comics so much". If the lady has an addiction(s), then she may not be too happy knowing that she let some money get away. But maybe I've read too many stories where a person tries to do good and ends up being punished for it.

Just now, ThreeSeas said:

That's cool that you're doing that, but I would recommend instead of saying "I paid too little", maybe say "because I am enjoying the comics so much". If the lady has an addiction(s), then she may not be too happy knowing that she let some money get away. But maybe I've read too many stories where a person tries to do good and ends up being punished for it.

If she has an addiction, she's just glad she got enough $ for her next fix.

Nice move, @Beige

15 hours ago, Beige said:

They were in his room, in a cupboard - with a Rabbit in a cage as well in the same cupboard, in the dark.

His Mum had flea bites all over her legs, I think there may have been some 'substance' issues as well. She was quite unkempt.

You are right - they may have been his Dads (which, when you think about it is actually worse) - Kid was about 12 I'd say.

Highly likely.

Did the kid look like this?

IMG_6292.JPG.4ee6fb22b5cb91c71cab3faf4d51014b.JPG

sorry couldnt resist 

I went to pick up some Laserdiscs and some comic book stuff. Ended up only making it as far as the Garage. Got a lot of cool horror movies. However I came across something really interesting....and this was just the beginning .....

Alien.jpg

Edited by Rip

I'm usually kind of knowledgable on Star Wars stuff but there are a few things here even I'm not sure of.

I also got the Burger King glasses display from 1980 in the back complete.

I see some guy on e-bay wants 22K for the Star Wars novel display but I'm sure its not a true value. Nor do I know a value on the two Empire Strikes back displays. 

Edited by Rip

3 minutes ago, Rip said:

I'm usually kind of knowledgable on Star Wars stuff but there are a few things here even I'm not sure of.

I also got the Burger King glasses display from 1980 in the back complete.

I see some guy on e-bay wants 22K for the Star Wars novel display but I'm sure its not a true value. Nor do I know a value on the two Empire Strikes back displays. 

What a save you made!

I know very little about Star Wars stuff,the person that comes to mind first is Chip though.Maybe Buzzetta.What horror stuff was there?Any obscure horror on VHS or Betamax?Did you get any laserdiscs?

That Nightmare/Freddy figure is really cool.Never seen one before.I know a few people that are really big into Creepshow items if there was anything from that movie.

2 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

What a save you made!

I know very little about Star Wars stuff,the person that comes to mind first is Chip though.Maybe Buzzetta.What horror stuff was there?Any obscure horror on VHS or Betamax?Did you get any laserdiscs?

That Nightmare/Freddy figure is really cool.Never seen one before.I know a few people that are really big into Creepshow items if there was anything from that movie.

Got all the Friday the 13th movies, Freddy, some Halloween movies manga, Return of the living dead, Evil Dead, Dawn of the Dead box set and a lot more. He had lobby cards, press kits all kids of stuff. I'm going back in two weeks. Yes he had the Creepshow press kit still there and other stuff from the movie.

Edited by Rip

2 minutes ago, Rip said:

Got all the Friday the 13th movies, Freddy, some Halloween movies manga, Return of the living dead, Evil Dead, Dawn of the Dead box set and a lot more. He had lobby cards, press kits all kids of stuff. I'm going back in two weeks. Yes he had the Creepshow press kit still there and other stuff from the movie.

Wow!Super happy for you and can't wait to hear more.Return of the Living Dead is one of my all time favourite movies-I think there's four of them?First two are the stuff though.

If you can't find any information on the Creepshow stuff I'd be more than happy to ask my friend about it.He may have the same info available online though.He is a pretty avid collector,even traveled to meet Romero with some items some years back.

Eighties,I guess you call it vintage horror stuff now,really gets me excited,sorry to gush,I just love it!

Was this all vhs or disc if you don't mind me asking?