• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,805 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, 01TheDude said:

I still have the box, remote, and all contents that it came in. Kind of on the fence for getting rid of it since it is the only way to play the Wall/Zep disks. But seeing as I do that once in a blue moon-- maybe it is time to let it go.

Well, I'd personally keep it just because it's COOL! But if you don't use it much, I'd think you could definitely get something for it. Just make sure you don't drop it off at the Good Will or put it in a yard sale or something!

I was digging through a box of raw ASM's at the fair today.  The guy said make sure you are real careful with that box.  I asked if there was a #361 in there.  He looked around and found a CGC 9.4 copy for $75 Was that a good deal?  I have no idea what they are worth.  

3 minutes ago, comicdonna said:

I was digging through a box of raw ASM's at the fair today.  The guy said make sure you are real careful with that box.  I asked if there was a #361 in there.  He looked around and found a CGC 9.4 copy for $75 Was that a good deal?  I have no idea what they are worth.  

9.6's go for about $175, if it was already graded then not too bad at all!

14 minutes ago, comicdonna said:

https://comics.gocollect.com/guide/view/188191

linky is to cgc fmv for slabs of asm 361....

9.4 is $140 

9.6 is $170

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

8 hours ago, 01TheDude said:

interesting --- I assume you didn't pay that $65 price tag. What is the grade on that? Looks in the 4.5/5.0 range maybe

Like @Robot Man I was shocked to see how much these have gone up with the movie announcement

I picked it up for a lot less than 65 and from my guess it looks like a 6.0 the plastic makes it look like there's more bends then there really is there's one small tear top edge FC and a few spine ticks I was conservative with the 6.0 grade hoping for a 7.0 or higher if I get it graded and pressed.

Edited by Krishosein

1 hour ago, Krishosein said:

I picked it up for a lot less than 65 and from my guess it looks like a 6.0 the plastic makes it look like there's more bends then there really is there's one small tear top edge FC and a few spine ticks I was conservative with the 6.0 grade hoping for a 7.0 or higher if I get it graded and pressed.

I don’t pay a lot of attention to “movie books”. It’s probably time to go out to the garage and dig through some boxes...hm

7 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

I don’t pay a lot of attention to “movie books”. It’s probably time to go out to the garage and dig through some boxes...hm

quite possibly I am looking for #2 and #3 currently I usually don't pay to much attention to the movie books but I liked the eternal story and hope the movie is good so collecting it for that enjoyment.

About 2 years ago my buddy and I hit up a guy at the flea market with a pick up truck full of boxes of comics from that era. He had multiples of un read copies of most of them. They were a buck apiece. He had 10 copies of that one. I remember seeing #4,5,6...and hoping, and there they were. We each got 5 copies and a bunch of other stuff then the wolves arrived and it was a feeding frenzy. The poor guy was overwhelmed and shocked. In about 20 minutes they were all gone and the guy went home with an empty truck at about 7:30 am...