• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,807 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

Insane score,  how did u find the collection? Congrats!!

My wife set up an outdoor festival a year ago and I got the gentleman's information there (put up a little sign that "We Buy Comics!").....bought 80 boxes from him last fall.  Gave him a buzz last week and went back and bought the 10 more boxes this week....

5 minutes ago, an99 said:

Wow, Bearcatcoach, your finds are amazing!!

Thanks!  Got to do some legwork to pick up stuff like this but if you can put in the time (and have an understanding wife!) then it's out there to be had!

Going to look at a 20k+ comic collection next weekend that I have a lead on....Taking the big van, some $$$ and hoping we can work out a reasonable deal....

3 hours ago, Bearcatcoach said:

Thanks!  Got to do some legwork to pick up stuff like this but if you can put in the time (and have an understanding wife!) then it's out there to be had!

Going to look at a 20k+ comic collection next weekend that I have a lead on....Taking the big van, some $$$ and hoping we can work out a reasonable deal....

Just curious, do you bring cash with you? I would worry I'm being set up to be robbed with that much cash.

1 hour ago, Shawnismaximus said:

Just curious, do you bring cash with you? I would worry I'm being set up to be robbed with that much cash.

I remember when I met a guy one time to buy some McFarlane Sportspicks figures. We were supposed to met a mall and he told me to meet him at the back. I drove to the back and there was very little lighting.  I got a bad feeling about it and bailed ...

On ‎9‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 1:13 PM, Bearcatcoach said:

Can't let this thread fall off the front page!

Going to look at small collection tonight and in a week a 20k book collection....if things go well will update with pix....

In the mean time here are a few more from the 10 box purchase a couple days ago.....

20190910_215925.jpg

20190910_212659.jpg

20190910_211856.jpg

You are a machine!  Good stuff.

Always be cobbling!!

Edited by spreads
edit

On ‎9‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 1:15 PM, Bearcatcoach said:

Only bring $$$ if you feel comfortable in the situation.....

My friend who owned a shop used to go to these potential purchases if it looked like a lot of $ with off duty police/customers. When I look at nyc craigs list ads there is no way I am walking into these with thousands in my pocket.

1 hour ago, cabinboy said:

Grabbed these for $30 at the flea market on Sunday.  Highlights were Batman 85 and 92 (first Ace the Bat Hound - no back cover, but not complaining for the price 😎)ADA938F7-B6D9-4920-AD59-1B662DF57FA3.thumb.jpeg.3992ec6ba499a7325bff4fcaf7737189.jpeg

I'm thinkin........You could slab both of those babies and make a tremendous profit almost anywhere  

Me and my buddy went to some yard sales and antique stores around long island. Combed through craigslist, letgo, facebook marketplace, and some instagram sellers for some deals and stealth buys. The results:

GreenSmallBellfrog-size_restricted.gif.d03ec16ed005e291476085df0b28af05.gif

I really never find anything. Seems everyone knows not only that comics are valuable but also what keys there are.