• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,805 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, the blob said:

I sold a couple for $20 a pop

My Grandma would'a bought one.  She camped out like a teenager back in the 80's (she was in her 60's at the time) just to get front row to take Communion from him, when he made a Chicago visit. "Strange days indeed....most peculiar Mama....Whoa...."

Edited by Mercury Man

13 hours ago, Mercury Man said:

My Grandma would'a bought one.  She camped out like a teenager back in the 80's (she was in her 60's at the time) just to get front row to take Communion from him, when he made a Chicago visit. "Strange days indeed....most peculiar Mama....Whoa...."

He was a hottie, I totally get it

Some great pickups over the last ten days...I’m on vacation, last week I checked out a very large antique store. The comics were atrociously overpriced, but i picked up some great spices and sauces as they had many local producers.  There are a lot of duds during the hunt, but it’s still fun and you can’t get discouraged.  

On ‎9‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 6:35 AM, jason4 said:

Me and my buddy went to some yard sales and antique stores around long island. Combed through craigslist, letgo, facebook marketplace, and some instagram sellers for some deals and stealth buys. The results:

GreenSmallBellfrog-size_restricted.gif.d03ec16ed005e291476085df0b28af05.gif

I really never find anything. Seems everyone knows not only that comics are valuable but also what keys there are. 

I am now getting bombarded with facebook marketplace alerts. It's always a stack of 25 cent box books (from what I see) someone thinks is worth $600 and they won't even list them or show you anything other than the top of the stack, I am supposed to drive 30 minutes to check these treasures out? I'm interested because maybe there's something good in there, put it's like pulling teeth with these guys who all think they have a hoard of treasure.

5 minutes ago, the blob said:

I am now getting bombarded with facebook marketplace alerts. It's always a stack of 25 cent box books (from what I see) someone thinks is worth $600 and they won't even list them or show you anything other than the top of the stack, I am supposed to drive 30 minutes to check these treasures out? I'm interested because maybe there's something good in there, put it's like pulling teeth with these guys who all think they have a hoard of treasure.

Those g/vg Marvels Greatest Comics are priceless!

Went to a yard sale advertising comics. Got a couple of dollar books that have enough condition issues I am not so optimistic, but all the other stuff was bagged and boarded and priced up. $5 for late 70s defenders? He had a bunch of battlestar galactica 1s at $3 and I was half tempted to offer $2 each, but do I really need more? Was thinking of coming by at the end of the day and offering $100 for his 2 shorties of bagged and boarded key-free bronze, but decided no. Schlepped to a collectibles shop 20 minutes away because they had a picture on Facebook of about 6 longies of $1 books. I got there and it was 1/2 a long and half were FCD books. To rub salt on the wounds after $1.50 in gas and 50 cents for parking I was charged tax on my dollar books.

Did hit up an old honey hole junk shop and bought over 100 dollar books. Wife was calling yelling at me to get home so I did not have time to check condition fully or look into tbe rest of their comics. Next time. No big winners, but a bunch of newsies I am trying to value.

1 hour ago, the blob said:

Did hit up an old honey hole junk shop and bought over 100 dollar books. Wife was calling yelling at me to get home so I did not have time to check condition fully or look into tbe rest of their comics. Next time. No big winners, but a bunch of newsies I am trying to value.

HAHA! My wife literally left me at a store when I showed her the box I was digging in and the row of boxes I hadn't gotten to yet. She got her hair done and even met a lady for a Facebook sale in the next town over before coming back to get me. To her chagrin, I still wasn't finished. She puts up with a lot.  

On 9/23/2019 at 11:11 AM, Silver_Couch_Surfer said:

From a few Saturday's ago.

It's funny how at some garage sales, there is no competition and you're free to cherry pick at your leisure. I like those.:banana:

IMG_20190914_065423.thumb.jpg.9ae44d4842e002aead019d6e2463685c.jpg

Fun little haul! Man, I rarely see vintage comics at garage sales any more. Gotta go to the older areas of town I guess.