• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
60 60

15,838 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Bearcatcoach said:

Nice Score!  Can't have enough Tank Girl 1's right now!

Thanks! I knows, I can't find Tank Girls at all, much less nice copies on cheap. Was stoked to grab it!

2 hours ago, porcupine48 said:

Dakota! :cloud9:Zatanna!:x

Always liked that Fallen Angels cover,series too.

Edit A GOLD NEW WARRIORS!? I didn't know about THAT one!:whatthe:

Now I'm serious jealous :sumo:

I pick up Dakota North whenever I find them in nice shape for a buck or less, just one of those cheap books I love. And you can't go wrong with Zatanna!

And yeah, I love those Gold, silver and copper metallic ink second prints, those are also books I'm always hoarding for some reason. The New Warriors Gold is def one I don't see as often as the others.

passed by a flea.. guy had bagged and boarded moderns for $2... it was pretty obvious to me he had raised the 50 cent box at the shop 5 blocks away because he had all the stuff they had in quantity and they give out free bags and boards on those books....had a pile of unbagged books, 80s and 90s drek in not so great shape, picked out a GI joe 121 and 100 newsstand maybe in 7.0-8.0..figuring im ok at a buck..no those were $2 as well...fuggedaboudit..did not even look at the other half of the pile

I got the package today from the auction my Uncle bought and I’m filled with hope!  The seller sent it with signature confirmation which is a good sign but it also took me an extra 15 minutes to go pick it up at Walgreens.  Two big bundles of comics are also looking good and undamaged.

3F24C3E1-0A80-4F01-8D48-6D0A58CB3EE1.jpeg

5AD29CE0-5528-4AB2-9550-D0A5B2B403C1.jpeg

Drum roll please!!  Yep - it’s a box full of primarily 90s Image Drek:(. The Spawn 1 is worth a few dollars but the rest is complete garbage.  Basically what you would find in most $20 long box and my Uncle paid $50 plus $20 in shipping from a gun auction where they were hoping to find a sucke.  I feel dirty after being any part of this scam pulled off by the seller.

91376BB1-38B3-4984-B182-10697C56DF8D.jpeg

84A06B61-1AC7-4588-A796-433CF214336E.jpeg

Eh, could be worst...I see a bunch of spawns, this might not be all terrible.  And any image newwsies? 

There's a couple of auction houses around here that advertise comics, at most of them it's drek, and they always sell for at least a buck a piece. 

Like your uncle, everyone attending these auctions is thinking the same thing, hey this comic has to be worth at least a buck!?  But we all know better.... :P

I have consigned a lot of comics to local auction houses. A good way to sell stuff that you can’t sell otherwise. Nothing like a box full of old low grade GA funny animal and western books. Then the non comic book collectors often bid them up pretty high. There is often a bidding frenzy. They read the news and think all old comics are worth a fortune. I don’t feel bad at all. If you don’t know what you are doing, don’t do it. 

On 9/30/2019 at 9:08 AM, Bearcatcoach said:

Sunday's comic show pick-ups...

The Jimmy 2 & 4 $200 for the pair.....The Madhouse $80....and all the moderns $2 each....bought some OA as well.....a good day

20190929_210520.jpg

20190929_210541.jpg

20190929_210615.jpg

20190929_204338.jpg

I picked up a JO 2 for $10 the other day missing centerfold :-(. But still.  And I need a copy of the madhouse issue. 🤗