• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
60 60

15,838 posts in this topic

51 minutes ago, FineCollector said:

Okay, I'm invested in this story now.  What was the conversation?

Ha it was a pretty short one. She contacted me with these photos:

1.thumb.jpg.aeee32dbbb33b1b0850f18e3c818f9ce.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.8ac7d1d1d0a19a055bc3d96ea662c590.jpg

3.thumb.jpg.23332abad4366edf5cd49dcc64fdb578.jpg

You can zoom in and see more astronomical price tags on these lol Text convo is as follows

Me: "How much? Do you have others"
Her: "Yes I have more. This just some. Well my dad said use it for college, car , house."

Me: "Show me the others please. I see you have post it notes with prices on them. Those prices are about 100 times what some of these are worth"

Her: "Yea I kno that’s their price u see anything u can offer"
Me: "that spider-man one has a post it with $20,000 record sale on it, how much do you want for yours"
Her: "7k"
Me: "https://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Amazing-Spider-Man-Issue-35-April-1966/223623731764?hash=item3411035a34%3Ag%3AJWAAAOSwY%7EVdVIvS&LH_BIN=1
i can buy a nicer one here for $18 i am going to pass on these, thanks"
Her: "Ok that’s cool"

6 minutes ago, rsouxlja7 said:

Me: "https://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Amazing-Spider-Man-Issue-35-April-1966/223623731764?hash=item3411035a34%3Ag%3AJWAAAOSwY%7EVdVIvS&LH_BIN=1

:screwy:

1 hour ago, jsilverjanet said:

Rarely are there comics at the local flea market and if there are any they are over priced - example today someone had the Excalibur one with the hologram for $20

but I did find these today 

Yep reprints on the early marvel/atlas but paid $2 each 

84D60E12-E839-4B20-B4D4-4593A9DF5EEE.jpeg

Two dollars for the top two is a deal I'd snatch up!The 1973 Dyna Pubs?I've a few and love them.

2 hours ago, rsouxlja7 said:

Ha it was a pretty short one. She contacted me with these photos:

1.thumb.jpg.aeee32dbbb33b1b0850f18e3c818f9ce.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.8ac7d1d1d0a19a055bc3d96ea662c590.jpg

3.thumb.jpg.23332abad4366edf5cd49dcc64fdb578.jpg

You can zoom in and see more astronomical price tags on these lol Text convo is as follows

Me: "How much? Do you have others"
Her: "Yes I have more. This just some. Well my dad said use it for college, car , house."

Me: "Show me the others please. I see you have post it notes with prices on them. Those prices are about 100 times what some of these are worth"

Her: "Yea I kno that’s their price u see anything u can offer"
Me: "that spider-man one has a post it with $20,000 record sale on it, how much do you want for yours"
Her: "7k"

It's too bad about the prices.   I was about to joke that they were in pesos but it still comes to $1k US.     These are some nice intro copies of some good issues for the collector on a budget.

18 hours ago, Mercury Man said:

At least attempt to understand what you have.  I just don't get people.  Everybody is sitting on closets full of gold.   Amazing. 

It's one thing to have a pile of drek you think you can push for a few hundred dollars....it's another thing to think, hey maybe I can find a sucker to sell a book for 7k.  Because people looking to spend 7k on a comic don't usually know what they're looking at, or have some idea of its intrinsic value. 

Anytime I see a price of something more than 10 times its value I don't bother communicating anymore, the next message from me is, 'how did you come up with this price?  Good luck with the sale'

On 10/5/2019 at 11:48 AM, Bird said:

Any SO CA guys go to this today? I thought about it but took a close look at these. Pretty common sci fi pulps and from the '50's. Stuff I seem to see a lot of out at the flea markets. Decided that an hour and a half drive probably wouldn't be worth it...

Edited by Robot Man

1 hour ago, batman_fan said:

I will take all the Palmer plastic monster figures !

I would have too. Although she was pretty low on a lot of the other monster stuff, she wanted anywhere from $45-$65 each for those. None were rare colors. The Frankenstein Soakie was around $200 I think.