• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
60 60

15,838 posts in this topic

Not every weekend is a winner. Friday night I search the ads and get my schedule together for Saturday morning. First yard sale advertises comics, starts at 7 AM. I get there at 6:52. I look around, don't see any comics. I ask if they have comics, and I'm told, "It's not quite 7 yet. We are still setting up." So I look around, pick up some toys for the kids. After 7, I ask if the comics are available, and I'm told, "No, I didn't have time to get them ready." Get the toys for the kids and the one book below. Go the second yard sale that advertised comics, about 30 minutes away. The problem - there's no yard sale. I guess they just decided not to do the yard sale. Had a good haul last weekend, though. This week, just one Star Wars book.

20191019_141302.jpg

I should have been out there hunting yesterday, but slept until 1 p.m. Did find some awesome stuff in a box I thought was just junk books. I am just so tired of misleading facebook ads for comics selling. One place that sells various pop culture collectibles around here keeps on running an add showing a table with like 12 long boxes of $1 comics. I went there 2 or 3 weeks ago in response to the ad and there was one long box less than 1/2 full and half of them were free comic day books. They said they had been cleaned out of their comics. So why do they keep running the same ad/photo? I drove 20 minutes and spent 50 cents on parking last time.

5 hours ago, cabinboy said:

Great morning for hunting comics - came home with a nice little stack, including a few wonderful Golden Age beaters purchased from our very own Robot Man.

Best of the bunch were the 3 purchased below - guy was getting rid of his comics 3 for $5.  Found the More Trash from Mad #1 from another vendor - was in great shape and had the insert, very cheaply priced.

EC556992-87F4-4A7C-B124-2AD53DEE0A5C.thumb.jpeg.71a6d162d785f606b83391ecd5d760c7.jpeg

Nice haul, I should have been buying not selling! 

On ‎10‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 1:11 PM, davidtere said:

Well this was an usually fun find at the swap meet this morning. The seller had them all newly bagged and boarded as well. 

fullsizeoutput_604.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_605.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_609.jpeg

This is a truly amazing find!  Congratulations!!

On 10/19/2019 at 10:38 PM, Rip said:

I dont find pre-codes in decent shape very often and came home with these. Was unexpected because after looking through a lot of moderns and silvers in his garage he pulled these out. The Mystic 44 was in especially nice shape. The Kilroys was a book I didn't know I wanted.

precode.jpg

close up.jpg

Wow.  Beautiful books.  Such fun to come across something like this and be able to take them home.

On ‎10‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 8:55 PM, Robot Man said:

Antique mall finds today. Two different sellers. The 2 Moderns are very high grade. I thought Strawberry Shortcake #1 was hot. Guess not. Mostly why I stick to GA/SA...

7BF50DDE-EB95-4640-8AB1-BB31F0DCF337.jpeg

High grade Star comics are impossible to find!  Although I don't consider them to be moderns... :cool:

21 hours ago, the blob said:

I should have been out there hunting yesterday, but slept until 1 p.m. Did find some awesome stuff in a box I thought was just junk books. I am just so tired of misleading facebook ads for comics selling. One place that sells various pop culture collectibles around here keeps on running an add showing a table with like 12 long boxes of $1 comics. I went there 2 or 3 weeks ago in response to the ad and there was one long box less than 1/2 full and half of them were free comic day books. They said they had been cleaned out of their comics. So why do they keep running the same ad/photo? I drove 20 minutes and spent 50 cents on parking last time.

50 cents on parking?  I've never heard of rates so low...

On 10/21/2019 at 9:33 AM, spreads said:

High grade Star comics are impossible to find!  Although I don't consider them to be moderns... :cool:

I guess you are a lot younger than me...:preach:  I get what you are saying about high grade copies. These were read by kids. I went on the bay and they seemed to be $10-20. Each in what they called “high grade”. Unless I am missing something. I paid nothing for these but this hardly seemed like a huge “score” to me especially the Shortcake. The other two were decent though. 

38 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

I guess you are a lot younger than me...:preach:  I get what you are saying about high grade copies. These were read by kids. I went on the bay and they seemed to be $10-20. Each in what they called “high grade”. Unless I am missing something. I paid nothing for these but this hardly seemed like a huge “score” to me especially the Shortcake. The other two were decent though. 

The Canadian newsstand price variants are a BEAST to find in high grade.I lucked into half a short box some years ago and hoard them jealously 

51 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

The Canadian newsstand price variants are a BEAST to find in high grade.I lucked into half a short box some years ago and hoard them jealously 

Sitting on the couch in your underwear reading strawberry shortcake comics while eating pastries? 

1 hour ago, Robot Man said:

They are niche, but again, if they are very high grade it is worth having them slabbed. 

32 minutes ago, srezvan said:

Showcase and Macross were very reasonably priced. 50 cents each for the rest - beat up Phantom #4, early Brian Michael Bendis, and Blade appearance.

20191024_185540.jpg

I wish I had picked up that macross in the shape I found it in...

Cool find ;)