• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
60 60

15,840 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, FlyingDonut said:

Oh please you clowns. I had a WHOLE DOLLAR knocked off a sale AT AN ANTIQUES STORE. I guess I'm going to hell today.

I feel like karma would remove all the center wraps on them if I tried to squeeze another $1 off the price.

On 11/3/2019 at 4:27 PM, FlyingDonut said:

They wanted $2 each but I got them to three for $5. Figured that was an OK buy. Antique store in Delaplane, VA next to RDV vineyards (which is a spectacular wine).

fantasticfour049.jpeg

fantasticfour072.jpeg

thor165.jpeg

That takes balls...I'd have totally blown this deal. "Really? Only $6? Are you sure? Awesome!" and my nervous giggling would have totally sent them to the internet to look them up.

Edited by mackenzie999

11 hours ago, silversufer27 said:

Found this for 50 cents

219308A7-0360-4F4E-9EB7-D58C168D0945.jpeg

5E994AE0-051F-44FA-AB6C-4B10898AC24A.jpeg

This buyer gets it. Nobody begrudges anyone getting a great deal. F D if you had just left out the part where you talked a buyer down. It would have been fine. You obviously are big time as far as a seller goes. Setting up at Baltimore and having 800+ cgc books for sale is no small thing and selling 9.8 graded asm 300 for $2500 on this site shows me you are a very reputable seller. But somehow offering less than ask in this instance somehow seems wrong. It’s my opinion only but something I would not have done or at least brought it up if I did

10 minutes ago, anstettoman said:

This buyer gets it. Nobody begrudges anyone getting a great deal. F D if you had just left out the part where you talked a buyer down. It would have been fine. You obviously are big time as far as a seller goes. Setting up at Baltimore and having 800+ cgc books for sale is no small thing and selling 9.8 graded asm 300 for $2500 on this site shows me you are a very reputable seller. But somehow offering less than ask in this instance somehow seems wrong. It’s my opinion only but something I would not have done or at least brought it up if I did

What? Lol 

38 minutes ago, silversufer27 said:

What? Lol

I was complimenting the difference between your purchase and flying doughnuts purchase. You obviously got a great deal and no one begrudges you doing so.  FD also got a great deal but I just would have said I purchased these for $5 and let it go at that. Just my opinion that's all...…….

Edited by anstettoman

5 minutes ago, anstettoman said:

I was complimenting the difference between your purchase and flying doughnuts purchase. You obviously got a great deal and no one begrudges you doing so.  FD also got a great deal but I just would have said I purchased these for $5 and let it go at that. Just my opinion that's all...…….

Oh ok my bad didn’t quite understand it I thought you were saying that i tricked the guy into giving the comic for cheap 

On 5/20/2018 at 9:56 PM, aszumilo said:

I finally get to participate in this thread.

Friend of mine's boss had some boxes of old comics sitting in a garage for about 20 years.  He brought them to me to look over.  There were over 400 books and a good portion of them were pretty much destroyed.  I went thru them all and gave him a reasonable estimate on what the ones that were not completely destroyed were. There were a lot of adult themed books (which I didn't have much of a clue about) and some Howard the Duck and some silver and bronze Marvels and a couple silver DC. 

Most of these are in the good to VG range.

20180520_182622.jpg

20180520_182948.jpg

20180520_183135.jpg

20180520_183258.jpg

You just gonna hide that ff48 ok

1 hour ago, silversufer27 said:

You just gonna hide that ff48 ok

I had it graded, came back a 3.5.  Didn't notice it when I went thru the box.  It was in a bag with another book covering it up.  The FF 50 was als0 covered up, looks nice except the 2 center wraps are detached.  A nice surprise when I rebagged/boarded them.

Edited by aszumilo

6 minutes ago, aszumilo said:

I had it graded, came back a 3.5.  Didn't notice it when I went thru the box.  It was in a bag with another book covering it up.  The FF 50 was als0 covered up, looks nice except the 2 center wraps are detached.  A nice surprise when I rebagged/boarded them.

Nice thanks cool 

I assume you made us all proud and told him those $12.00 sticker prices were about right, but the $45.00 sticker price (I am reading it as not being $4500) on the GS XMen 1 was way high and it is a $20 book?