• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,805 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, the blob said:

I assume you made us all proud and told him those $12.00 sticker prices were about right, but the $45.00 sticker price (I am reading it as not being $4500) on the GS XMen 1 was way high and it is a $20 book?

Truthfully didn't even look at the sticker prices....just evaluated them on condition and gave him a price based on that....if I was going to really lowball him I would have gave him the 10 cent each he was expecting and been on my way.....not how I do biz though....

18 minutes ago, Bearcatcoach said:

Truthfully didn't even look at the sticker prices....just evaluated them on condition and gave him a price based on that....if I was going to really lowball him I would have gave him the 10 cent each he was expecting and been on my way.....not how I do biz though....

I am kidding. But at least those price tags may have put him in a favorable state of mind to a modest offer vs. FMV.

56 minutes ago, Bearcatcoach said:

The small show that I was at Sunday turned out better than I could have hoped for.....of course I picked up the Superman fan club stuff and the Marvelmania posters at the show (earlier post) which was awesome but I also got a lead on a collection.  

Guy came to our booth and said he had about 25 long boxes of comics from the late 80's to the early 90's he wanted to sell.  I told him that I buy that stuff but don't pay a lot except for a few key issues.  That was sort of what he expected.  

The show was a couple hours from my place but I still wanted to look at the collection so when setting up a time to view them he said "well, I don't live close to here".  No problem for me I travel to look at books.....however it turns out he lived only 10 miles from my house....lol.

Went last night to evaluate the collection and the 1st box I looked in had some 70's comics so I told him that it looked like he had some older/better stuff than he had told me at the show....

After I finished looking at everything and writing down my notes on the collection I asked what he was looking to get....he said that he figured the best he would get was around 10 cents each....at that point I told him he was in for a very pleasant surprise because I would be offering him a substantial amount more than that!

I gave him my offer which he immediately accepted and 26 boxes came home with me.....

A couple highlights....

20191105_195625.jpg

20191105_214503.jpg

20191105_212154.jpg

20191105_212137.jpg

20191105_201829.jpg

Damn nice pick up things are still out there if you are persistent. Right place /Right Time congrats 

8 minutes ago, anstettoman said:

Damn nice pick up things are still out there if you are persistent. Right place /Right Time congrats 

Thanks....for sure they are out there...need some luck and do some footwork....ironic that I drive 2 hours to find a collection 10 miles from me....

But of course for every collection like that one you have 20 like these....

On Sat drove I 2 hours west to look at a collection of "50's, 60's 70's & 80's" of around 800 comics....righttttt....it was literally so bad that I didn't want it at any price.....wouldn't have paid him $50 for all of it.....

Makes the nice collections that much sweeter.....

56 minutes ago, Bearcatcoach said:

The small show that I was at Sunday turned out better than I could have hoped for.....of course I picked up the Superman fan club stuff and the Marvelmania posters at the show (earlier post) which was awesome but I also got a lead on a collection.  

Guy came to our booth and said he had about 25 long boxes of comics from the late 80's to the early 90's he wanted to sell.  I told him that I buy that stuff but don't pay a lot except for a few key issues.  That was sort of what he expected.  

The show was a couple hours from my place but I still wanted to look at the collection so when setting up a time to view them he said "well, I don't live close to here".  No problem for me I travel to look at books.....however it turns out he lived only 10 miles from my house....lol.

Went last night to evaluate the collection and the 1st box I looked in had some 70's comics so I told him that it looked like he had some older/better stuff than he had told me at the show....

After I finished looking at everything and writing down my notes on the collection I asked what he was looking to get....he said that he figured the best he would get was around 10 cents each....at that point I told him he was in for a very pleasant surprise because I would be offering him a substantial amount more than that!

I gave him my offer which he immediately accepted and 26 boxes came home with me.....

A couple highlights....

20191105_195625.jpg

20191105_214503.jpg

20191105_212154.jpg

20191105_212137.jpg

20191105_201829.jpg

2 hours ago, Bearcatcoach said:

A couple highlights....

20191105_195625.jpg

20191105_214503.jpg

20191105_212154.jpg

20191105_212137.jpg

20191105_201829.jpg

Nice but why didn’t that guy google the value of his comics he could of made a huge mistake and sell them for cheap

2 hours ago, Bearcatcoach said:

A couple highlights....

20191105_195625.jpg

20191105_214503.jpg

20191105_212154.jpg

20191105_212137.jpg

20191105_201829.jpg

some awesome pickups so far this year!

Edited by rsouxlja7

3 minutes ago, rsouxlja7 said:

because people are lazy

14 minutes ago, silversufer27 said:

Well if he could of drove 10 miles to that guy he could of easily search the value 

It's possible he didn't really need the money and was happy to get anything from someone he felt was making a fair offer.  

2 minutes ago, Bearcatcoach said:

A few more pics from the collection....

X-men, Dardevil and Avengers were his 3 favorite titles so more of them than any other title...

20191105_212207.jpg

20191105_212239.jpg

20191105_212419.jpg

20191105_214334.jpg

Dang! This guy walked away happy compared to 10 cents a book!