• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
60 60

15,838 posts in this topic

On 11/9/2019 at 3:25 PM, Hamlet said:

In retrospect, I should have listed it for like $50 so that I got a fish guy to take it instead of a random crazy that wanted to talk to me about the Illuminati, but it worked out okay. 🙂

Glup glup! I would have taken them off you.without the lecture (thumbsu

download.jpg

You guys are all rookies. I have just that much in my house.. As well as at my workplace... And storage unit.. And my aunts house... And of course my original collection at my mothers....

Pretty much everyone knows, if you’re related to me somehow, theres gonna be a knock on your door one day and I’ll be standing there with a new collection I picked up 

6802D6B8-E2C0-4BD8-BFB6-2DB6F4B54406.jpeg

Edited by Aweandlorder

5 minutes ago, Aweandlorder said:

You guys are all rookies. I have just that much in my house.. As well as at my workplace... And storage unit.. And my aunts house... And of course my original collection at my mothers....

Pretty much everyone knows, if you’re related to me somehow, theres gonna be a knock on your door one day and I’ll be standing there with a new collection I picked up 

:flipbait:

Lol I have 1 side of a closet.... the other side may be available for rent :foryou:

But you find deals though I give you that's ^^

29 minutes ago, Aweandlorder said:

Is that one chair there for you to read them? lol

8 minutes ago, comics4all said:

Is that one chair there for you to read them? lol

I wish.. true story- last time I was there I moved 40 long ones and set down going through one box. After a few minutes I stood up and almost wished I didn’t. My back wasn’t agreeing with me that day..

what was more painful than walking back home was putting the 40 long ones back inside

14 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Came home to this one day in my garage. I then decided I could live without 95% of my ‘80’s-present collection. Have never regretted it...

3FA28BD0-CA0C-4125-9CF7-82D9297D7623.jpeg

I agree. I recently whittled down some of books & it is a good feeling!

1 minute ago, Aweandlorder said:

I wish.. true story- last time I was there I moved 40 long ones and set down going through one box. After a few minutes I stood up and almost wished I didn’t. My back wasn’t agreeing with me that day..

what was more painful than walking back home was putting the 40 long ones back inside

Ugh! Long boxes are very heavy to lift!

I've gone to a few comic sales where they had long boxes on the ground to to through &  I would pick them up so I didn't have to crunch my back the whole time looking! I didn't have to go to the gym that day! lol

5 minutes ago, Aweandlorder said:

Again, I just gotta ask... Why do you have that many books? Do you love them? Do you think they will all be worth something? Do you even look at them or know what you have? Just seems like a big burden both to me and my heirs...(shrug)

I’m getting a lot older and just don’t need or want that much stuff. I rarely buy collections any more even when they land in my lap. I carefully cherry pick the stuff I want (if any), and pay very well for them. I can’t imagine that that much stuff could be worth what you pay to store it.

9 minutes ago, comics4all said:

Ugh! Long boxes are very heavy to lift!

I've gone to a few comic sales where they had long boxes on the ground to to through &  I would pick them up so I didn't have to crunch my back the whole time looking! I didn't have to go to the gym that day! lol

Lifting is an art. You got to take your time and do it correctly. Seems like I am constantly lifting them as well as motorcycle engines and other heavy stuff. I am probably old enough to be many of your fathers. With age comes common sense...:preach:

2 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Again, I just gotta ask... Why do you have that many books? Do you love them? Do you think they will all be worth something? Do you even look at them or know what you have? Just seems like a big burden both to me and my heirs...(shrug)

I’m getting a lot older and just don’t need or want that much stuff. I rarely buy collections any more even when they land in my lap. I carefully cherry pick the stuff I want (if any), and pay very well for them. I can’t imagine that that much stuff could be worth what you pay to store it.

absolutely!

at the rate books are going up in value, each visit to my storage unit yield at least a few hundred bucks. They are actually organized alphabetically which makes it easier to pick up. I’ve seriously made well over 5,000 from just moving drek which I would otherwise throw away if the market was at a different climate

2 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Lifting is an art. You got to take your time and do it correctly. Seems like I am constantly lifting them as well as motorcycle engines and other heavy stuff. I am probably old enough to be many of your fathers. With age comes common sense...:preach:

So true!

i wasn’t planning on going to the unit that day and forgot my belt at home. 

big mistake

37 minutes ago, Aweandlorder said:

LOL....A man after my own heart!! 

Although I think I lost rookie status long ago after 1000+ long boxes, 200+ mag boxes, 1000's of posters, cards, toys, pulps, graphic novels, etc.....:insane:

2 minutes ago, Aweandlorder said:

absolutely!

at the rate books are going up in value, each visit to my storage unit yield at least a few hundred bucks. They are actually organized alphabetically which makes it easier to pick up. I’ve seriously made well over 5,000 from just moving drek which I would otherwise throw away if the market was at a different climate

Makes sense I guess. My thought is to move out a few long boxes and get one or two nice keys or books I no longer want to pay up for. Probably leaving a little dough on the table but at the end of the day trading oranges for apples that taste sweeter to me. 

23 hours ago, Bearcatcoach said:

I feel your pain about storage....:ohnoez:

20180916_113431.jpg

20180916_111909.jpg

Wow!

That room is so rammed with stuff even the boxes have posters sticking out of their sides! 

How quickly can you find a specific book, if needed?  I think that's the definition of unmanageable, and I'm close to the point where I'm losing time trying to find books.

3 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Makes sense I guess. My thought is to move out a few long boxes and get one or two nice keys or books I no longer want to pay up for. Probably leaving a little dough on the table but at the end of the day trading oranges for apples that taste sweeter to me. 

My philosophy is to move mostly books which I don’t care for.. the keys and big books stay with me till retirement as I’m a long term investor. 9 times out of 10 I am correct with guessing the market with new “keys” to flip (ala avenging spider man 9), I do regret flipping 10 MSE15 right after the announcement (even tho I made a ton out of that book and still holding to 2 nice copies)

58 minutes ago, spreads said:

Wow!

That room is so rammed with stuff even the boxes have posters sticking out of their sides! 

How quickly can you find a specific book, if needed?  I think that's the definition of unmanageable, and I'm close to the point where I'm losing time trying to find books.

Not very quick unfortunately....sometimes the window to sell "hot" stuff at a premium closes before I get to digging them out....case in point these Marvel Age 41's....before Stan passed they were going for good money....now not so much.  I just uncovered these a few months ago going through some boxes so lost opportunity.....

20190711_133927.jpg

8 minutes ago, Bearcatcoach said:

Not very quick unfortunately....sometimes the window to sell "hot" stuff at a premium closes before I get to digging them out....case in point these Marvel Age 41's....before Stan passed they were going for good money....now not so much.  I just uncovered these a few months ago going through some boxes so lost opportunity.....

20190711_133927.jpg

https://comics.gocollect.com/guide/view/979031

Still shows some sales, probably the ones signed by Stan though lol 

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=marvel+age+41+cgc&_sacat=0&rt=nc&LH_Sold=1&LH_Complete=1

Edited by ADAMANTIUM