• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,805 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

Those figures are both from the fortnite video game. Same scale as the Joes though. The yellow guy looks a lot like Beachhead. Only $1 each

Cool,thanks!

I'm needing to raid my nephews toy box to see if he's got cool stuff for ol uncle Jimmers to play with while he reads my comics lol 

New books made it to the used bookstore :banana:

But they were put out yesterday, who knows what I missed lol

That's the fun, they had a near run of omega men, eternal warrior, and next men with almost all keys gone, but I did spend $2.... it's about right :)

20191124_133103.thumb.jpg.004a3234a8baf1692cd9984b20f996be.jpg20191124_133041.jpg

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 11/12/2019 at 10:28 AM, Aweandlorder said:

You guys are all rookies. I have just that much in my house.. As well as at my workplace... And storage unit.. And my aunts house... And of course my original collection at my mothers....

Pretty much everyone knows, if you’re related to me somehow, theres gonna be a knock on your door one day and I’ll be standing there with a new collection I picked up 

6802D6B8-E2C0-4BD8-BFB6-2DB6F4B54406.jpeg

That was a major selling point for me when I bought my grandmother's house.  A lot of my stuff was already here.   

Not comics... but Lego. 

Edited by Buzzetta

Not a garage sale, but an ad for a comic store going out of business. Said it started at 8:00; guy didn’t show up until 8:30. 

When he finally opened the door I asked how much are the comics (there were about 20 long boxes stacked on a table); he said, “There are some $3 comics in there and some $20... so $7 each.” He failed to mention the comics worth $0.10 or less that made up the majority of what he had. No wonder he was going out of business.

He also didn’t have change. 

Edited by manetteska

11 minutes ago, manetteska said:

Not a garage sale, but an ad for a comic store going out of business. Said it started at 8:00; guy didn’t show up until 8:30. 

When he finally opened the door I asked how much are the comics (there were about 20 long boxes stacked on a table); he said, “There are some $3 comics in there and some $20... so $7 each.” He failed to mention the comics worth $0.10 or less that made up the majority of what he had. No wonder he was going out of business.

He also didn’t have change. 

Did you find anything good?

36 minutes ago, silversufer27 said:

Did you find anything good?

I found five comics; forget what they all are. Negotiated down from $35 to $25 and handed him two twenties. He gave me back $5 and said it’s my lucky day. I said it’s not; we agreed on $25. Then said he didn’t have enough change and to pick out two more comics. I said there aren’t any more I want. He then said I could take a T-shirt — which was $10 and I didn’t really want either — but I took one and left. 

1 minute ago, manetteska said:

I found five comics; forget what they all are. Negotiated down from $35 to $25 and handed him two twenties. He gave me back $5 and said it’s my lucky day. I said it’s not; we agreed on $25. Then said he didn’t have enough change and to pick out two more comics. I said there aren’t any more I want. He then said I could take a T-shirt — which was $10 and I didn’t really want either — but I took one and left. 

Damn wtf lol

20 hours ago, manetteska said:

So, let's recap this guy's business practice:

1) Opening up the store half an hour late (how many people would have just left?)

2) A pricing model that doesn't make a lot of sense (confusing and not intuitive)

3) Not having change/being able to accept transact properly  (how do you not have a float?)

4) Giving away merchandise for free!

1 hour ago, spreads said:

So, let's recap this guy's business practice:

1) Opening up the store half an hour late (how many people would have just left?)

2) A pricing model that doesn't make a lot of sense (confusing and not intuitive)

3) Not having change/being able to accept transact properly  (how do you not have a float?)

4) Giving away merchandise for free!

LA, man. 

And two people did leave bc of lateness. I’m on a trip and have nothing else to do so I stayed. 

Edited by manetteska