• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,806 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Beige said:
Posted 1 hour ago (edited)

Picked up an awesome 3000+ collection last month. Lots of good stuff, signed, variants, Graded, and more. Most of the graded stuff was from a different company though so I guess no pics of those :(

Got any Pictures? :shy:

Are the pictures not showing? I can see them in the post. Let me know

7 hours ago, randostoyz said:
10 hours ago, Beige said:
Posted 1 hour ago (edited)

Picked up an awesome 3000+ collection last month. Lots of good stuff, signed, variants, Graded, and more. Most of the graded stuff was from a different company though so I guess no pics of those :(

Got any Pictures? :shy:

Are the pictures not showing? I can see them in the post. Let me know

I can see them, I could see them yesterday too :) 

17 hours ago, Crimebuster said:

The weirdest part was it wasn't like it was mispriced or something. There was no price on it at all, so I had to ask for the price. They held it and looked it over! 

I dunno. (shrug)

I also got a nice mid-grade Strange Tales #169 with the 1st Brother Voodoo from them for $5, but while that was a very nice deal too, it sort of takes a very back seat to this one. 

Hard to imagine but maybe he forgot it was the first Dr. Strange. I can see a beater 109 being sold for $10.

17 hours ago, Crimebuster said:

The weirdest part was it wasn't like it was mispriced or something. There was no price on it at all, so I had to ask for the price. They held it and looked it over! 

I dunno. (shrug)

I also got a nice mid-grade Strange Tales #169 with the 1st Brother Voodoo from them for $5, but while that was a very nice deal too, it sort of takes a very back seat to this one. 

Hard to imagine but maybe he forgot it was the first Dr. Strange. I can see a beater 109 being sold for $10. I got a 2.5ish FF 52 from a place that sells comics, toys, cards, etc. For $5. It was sitting in their front display forever (but not faded). It even said "1st b.p.".. This is probably a little before the movie announcement, but its not like FF 52 wasn't worth a chunk. When I bought it it was probably a $80-100 book already.

19 hours ago, Robot Man said:

A guy had some cool vintage paperbacks. Grabbed these and was going back for a second look when a guy bought the rest as a lot. Pretty sure I got the best ones. 

D1835E2E-0887-478B-B78F-494791589F30.jpeg

Congrats on the nice pick-ups! Sin Street is a great book, which fits in with the giant, green clutching hand genre, and the Avons are great books, too. The Chinese Parrot was one of my first vintage paperbacks bought as a kid from the old lady across the street because I loved the cover. That seems like so long ago - not measured in years but ump-teen boxes of PB's ago... :nyah:

LCS digging. Magazines $1 each. Trades are 1/2 off cover price, even if the books are old, which makes for a really great price. I went years without seeing "Secrets Behind the Comics," and now I've found 2 for cheap in 3 months (I know, it's a reprint). My first Mad, I think. The TMNT cover caught my eye.

20191202_190614.jpg

20191202_190647.jpg

30 minutes ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

After getting up early from yesterday’s sale (see plastic crack thread) it was a little hard getting out of bed this morning. But I got a lead on a sale and was able to leave with this gem :smile:

65C36DF2-73F8-4794-A19E-62D0B858609C.jpeg

Nice looking copy! ^^

48 minutes ago, sd2416 said:

Picked this up from a sale.  Said it was a Kroger 4 pack.  New Mutants 98-100, X-Force 1.  I dont remember Kroger having 4 packs.  Any reason to keep the pack sealed?  Any pack collectors? 

1264499114_Packback.jpg.5f0dab5ba1c39075e681e008e8097aec.jpg

18590087_Packfront.jpg.076e325dfe445e58093a4f84f3f83c85.jpg

So there’s a New Mutants 98 in there?

37 minutes ago, mrwoogieman said:

How do you know what comics are inside?

In the first picture you can see the bottom of 99, second picture you can see the bottom of the back of 98.  The bottom corner is split a little, you can see the bottom left corner of the front of 98.