• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,807 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, theshape said:

Found nearly the entire run (issues 22-332) of 80s UK marvel transformers comics in a thrift store in Australia

Boy that brings back a few memories! 

On 1/1/2020 at 1:23 PM, theshape said:

Found nearly the entire run (issues 22-332) of 80s UK marvel transformers comics in a thrift store in Australia

Check for the 'Peters' Ice-Cream Variant.

I've found 2 in thrift stores - has a completely different ending to the USA issue, and worth a fair few $$ in High-grade.

Highly likely to be in an Aussie collection (even if they were UK mostly)

:wishluck:

7 hours ago, Beige said:

Check for the 'Peters' Ice-Cream Variant.

I've found 2 in thrift stores - has a completely different ending to the USA issue, and worth a fair few $$ in High-grade.

Highly likely to be in an Aussie collection (even if they were UK mostly)

:wishluck:

Ha funny you say that, Sold one on ebay a few months ago for around 75USD . Id love to finish this set now but the early issues seem quite difficult to find and are unlikely to be cheap

On ‎1‎/‎4‎/‎2020 at 6:40 PM, nochips said:

Perfect for Ebay...Just advertise them as "Key book with small piece off front cover"

Those are all easy 3.5s

But seriously, did they have to tear off the logo and take a bit out of a corner to get credit for a return?

Edited by the blob

So, when my wife and I went to Germany last year for her to run the Berlin Marathon, I decided to start a travel collecting hobby...trying to pick up some Marvel/DC comics in the local language (X-Men preferred, but not required). Last year, I had to settle for a TPB of the Dark Phoenix Saga in German, because the store I went to didn't have any loose books not in English (there was another one I'd looked up that was more likely to have them, but it was closed on weekends, which was the day I'd had time to go).

Well, just got back from vacation in Thailand, and on our first day there, we went to a comic store we'd looked up that looked like it would have some (and not Japanese or Chinese imports, which was most of what I saw in stores on Google...), only to find that comic store apparently closed for good. Oh well, I thought...

Until a couple days later, when we stumbled on a flea market, and what did I find?

IMG_2173.jpg.70adfdb28ff6c0ecb39c5c7fd270d615.jpg

IMG_2174.jpg.621abf6abe755eab514f209eda5c545b.jpg

IMG_2175.jpg.4fae951585a12c5d602d0862871b618f.jpg

I didn't know anything about the book at the time, but it looks like it's the UK version, not the US version. And how a Hungarian Spider-Man book in shrink-wrap ended up in a flea market in Bangkok is a story I'd love to find out...

On ‎1‎/‎4‎/‎2020 at 3:15 PM, Bob7891 said:

Bittersweet flea market find.

0A416397-34AF-49E9-BCED-DD5DB679B316.jpeg

I had  8 copies of Spiderman #8 with 80 to 90% of the front cover torn off - with multiples of other books from that same couple of month period  , the rest of the books were all near mint`ish except for that fact …..