• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
60 60

15,838 posts in this topic

On 1/6/2020 at 5:27 PM, JollyComics said:
On 1/5/2020 at 9:30 AM, Callaway29 said:

Picked up for $20 at a local con from a baseball card dealer who happened to have some books as well.

5F6E9EAC-D068-4BE2-A830-EE7A1D284F59.thumb.jpeg.d3cc6be4de0cb03e3b246cbc914e8198.jpeg

Did the dealer know about the value of this book?  I guessed the dealer had no idea about it.

the condition on that copy seems reasonable for the price paid - that copy is pretty rough on the bottom edge

5 minutes ago, 01TheDude said:

really? i guessed the grade for the TOD 10 to be about 3 or 3.5 at best. Maybe I am out of touch with current values. are you giving it a better grade?

I sold my 3.5 for $199 last year, now they go for about $300-350

I sold too soon! Doh! 

2 minutes ago, JollyComics said:
5 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I sold my 3.5 for $199 last year, now they go for about $300-350

I sold too soon! Doh! 

That copy is too hot and expensive like Hulk 181.  It gets crazy!

I tend to agree! Although I went big on #12 in 9.6 and kinda big on #13 in 9.2 lol

But I needed funds and had picked up #10 raw and had it graded for $90 total... sold for $199, but I should have been in it for the long haul as i rather liked the character after reading it :(

like you say though, it's not the only one, all bronze has gone a bit whacky! Which is great, unless you dont have doubles and at least want to own a copy for collectable reasons ... (thumbsu

47 minutes ago, shiverbones said:

Looks like a $175 copy, $20 is unbelievable 

Bingo. Already on its way to a new home. He knew it was first appearance of blade, but not its value. He even checked online before naming his price. (shrug) The part I regret is that he was trying to sell a whole collection/lot, but I had to run before getting a chance to check...I’ll never know what was left behind. doh!

Edited by Callaway29

1 hour ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Is it rubber? It looks surprisingly clean!

Of course all the stuff you post usually does (thumbsu

Bloody hard to find that game in the home of the Phantom (Australia) so epic find in the USA - and complete.

Kudos to you sir, great find

$95 USD

8 Marvels, Hulk, Thor, 4 Archies, 12 Aussie Disneys (good condition), Gladstone and Whitman Disneys

Some cool Australian GA/SA reprints, War books, couple of Annuals, Gold Key Korak , Phantoms in the #400's plus 2 really cool UK and Aussie variants.

Decent find after a dry spell of 'Glamour' books and paying nearly market for drek....

It's getting really hard to find stuff, and after Xmas is usually my peak buying time.

Going to be a long year.................

IMG_20200111_123822.thumb.jpg.7bce8d81260cff48bb7a7da1c8ac7fdb.jpg