• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,805 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

Exactly.  Thanks @nepatkm

I figured you wanted to celebrate regardless (thumbsu

It looked maybe 2.0 plus or minus, @Bearcatcoach that when you found it you wet yourself is the right on hilarious, hope you continue to have great finds at that location :wishluck:

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

13 hours ago, Bird said:

stuff was expensive but towards the end it seemed to loosen up a bit. It took 4 hours or so and I left with some stuff left, including tons of keys like Surfer 1, X-Men 94 95 96, X-Men 4 12 14, Avengers 57, ASM 121, 300, New Muts 98,87 etc but condition was generally mid grade.

Great Haul Bird!  I've found on auctions, sometimes the money is exhausted after big books have gone and the rest can be had for decent prices.  Do you remember what the X-Men sold for?  

23 hours ago, Bearcatcoach said:

Posted this in the Adventures in the dollar box thread but thought it would fit here as well....

Got this at a Flea Market today in a $1 or 6/$5 box.....

Same Flea Market last August found a NM New Mutants 98.....I love that place!

20200208_153418.jpg

Damn ... that’s something that normally would go under “ books you never see in the wild “ ...

$145 delivered from interstate.

Lots of drekky $5 stuff, but the Star Wars books alone gets my $$ back. Thundercats #1 is the 'pick' (very low bar set here...!) , plus run of Uncanny X-Men, Invincible, Deadpool, both Robocop's etc

Couple of 1950's Tarzans and some signed books.  Small finds, but keep me ticking over.

2.thumb.jpeg.2eae2f0bccf8aa860cacbf561aa5edde.jpeg

1.thumb.jpeg.cbaf419796ee01064cee047c428c9f3d.jpeg

On ‎2‎/‎8‎/‎2020 at 7:30 PM, Bearcatcoach said:

Posted this in the Adventures in the dollar box thread but thought it would fit here as well....

Got this at a Flea Market today in a $1 or 6/$5 box.....

Same Flea Market last August found a NM New Mutants 98.....I love that place!

20200208_153418.jpg

AMAZING!!! Congrats!

2 hours ago, Bearcatcoach said:

Picked up a couple of boxes of fanzines a couple weeks ago.....here are a couple of the cooler ones....

And there was a 1987 Chicago Comic Con Program which had 17 autographs on the back page.....a nice surprise!

20200208_210530.jpg

20200208_210449.jpg

20200211_184323.jpg

Those autographs are nice, I had something like this buried in a collection I bought a number of years back.  There's an interesting story to it, if you search my name you should be able to see it!

3 hours ago, Bearcatcoach said:

Picked up a couple of boxes of fanzines a couple weeks ago.....here are a couple of the cooler ones....

And there was a 1987 Chicago Comic Con Program which had 17 autographs on the back page.....a nice surprise!

20200208_210530.jpg

20200208_210449.jpg

20200211_184323.jpg

The Marvel Times are great. I think I bought 1 and 3 from the boards. I still need #2...

What does the Marvel Handbook look like inside? I've never seen that before.

Completely combed through an entire antique store town today. I didn't want to take pics and look disrespectful, but these people are crazy. Batcrap crazy. I'm really tempted to go back and take pics to prove what I'maboit to say. 

Whenever I go to a flea market, yard sale, or antique store I always ask if they have comics. Sometimes they'll pull them out from the back, or if I'm lucky, they'll lead me past a secret door and up some stairs into a collection you can only see if you know to ask. Story for another time. 

First shop had six beat up Harvey comics. I asked the guy and he said he had some on his desk that he hadn't priced yet. I talked him into letting me see them. He pulled out two Hot Stuff comics somewhere in the 100's. Both were already tagged with $99.99! That's alot of nines for comics I regularly sell for the condition they were in for $1. I asked if he was using old bags, but he said "No, that's what these are going for now." I just whistled and walked. 

The last store I hit had the 1974 Action Comics #1 over-sized replica issue for $25. The tag said, "Exact replica with ads and everything. Autographs inside!" I had to see this. I had the cashier open it. It was bagged and boarded with homemade materials, so he had to pry it out. The inside cover was detached and on the outside. Took me a while to figure out what was going on with that.

The autographs were one name written in several styles all over the inside cover page. I don't know who Toney Murry is, but he thought highly of himself. He signed it at least 20 times using print, cursive, initials, extra flourishes... I looked at the guy behind the register and asked who he thought Toney Murry was. Then I saw one that wasn't a signature. It said "Hey WHS!" So I guess this person took this book to his high school and maybe everyone signed his name instead of theirs??? 

At least I can cross this town off my list.  

7 hours ago, Conacon said:

Completely combed through an entire antique store town today. I didn't want to take pics and look disrespectful, but these people are crazy. Batcrap crazy. I'm really tempted to go back and take pics to prove what I'maboit to say. 

Whenever I go to a flea market, yard sale, or antique store I always ask if they have comics. Sometimes they'll pull them out from the back, or if I'm lucky, they'll lead me past a secret door and up some stairs into a collection you can only see if you know to ask. Story for another time. 

First shop had six beat up Harvey comics. I asked the guy and he said he had some on his desk that he hadn't priced yet. I talked him into letting me see them. He pulled out two Hot Stuff comics somewhere in the 100's. Both were already tagged with $99.99! That's alot of nines for comics I regularly sell for the condition they were in for $1. I asked if he was using old bags, but he said "No, that's what these are going for now." I just whistled and walked. 

The last store I hit had the 1974 Action Comics #1 over-sized replica issue for $25. The tag said, "Exact replica with ads and everything. Autographs inside!" I had to see this. I had the cashier open it. It was bagged and boarded with homemade materials, so he had to pry it out. The inside cover was detached and on the outside. Took me a while to figure out what was going on with that.

The autographs were one name written in several styles all over the inside cover page. I don't know who Toney Murry is, but he thought highly of himself. He signed it at least 20 times using print, cursive, initials, extra flourishes... I looked at the guy behind the register and asked who he thought Toney Murry was. Then I saw one that wasn't a signature. It said "Hey WHS!" So I guess this person took this book to his high school and maybe everyone signed his name instead of theirs??? 

At least I can cross this town off my list.  

What town was this?

On 2/8/2020 at 6:19 PM, Bird said:

stuff was expensive but towards the end it seemed to loosen up a bit. It took 4 hours or so and I left with some stuff left, including tons of keys like Surfer 1, X-Men 94 95 96, X-Men 4 12 14, Avengers 57, ASM 121, 300, New Muts 98,87 etc but condition was generally mid grade.

The X1 that you mentioned... I believe I saw a facebook post with it for sale.  asking price was $3000..

5 hours ago, Chief1332 said:

The X1 that you mentioned... I believe I saw a facebook post with it for sale.  asking price was $3000..

yes, I saw. A bunch of the books he is selling now are ones he got at that auction. Not all, but a bunch of them. No one seems to have bought the X-Men 1 but I don't pay too close attention.

On 2/16/2020 at 12:22 AM, Robot Man said:

What town was this?

Do you know something we don't Bob? :ph34r:

Plus,could I see another pic of the lil' books?Jim Doyle and the G-men?You know I love odd stuff like that!

Or PM,whatever floats the boat!