• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,805 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Robot Man said:

Wow, what a score. Reminds me of a collection I scored at an estate sale years ago. I really didn’t know what I had until I got home. (It was a long drive home). Almost the same stuff. 

I used to score a lot of that stuff at flea markets and estate sales but that has all dried up now. 

I don’t see one of the big ones there. No IH 181? You would think it would be there...(shrug)

Yup I questioned that as well.. but alot of it is scattered about even though the sellers were all quite knowledgeable about what they had so he doesnt expect there to be an IH181 in the wild, but he did find two FF48s which werent even mentioned when he bought these so im sure he will come across more surprises as these are unpacked. 

1 minute ago, Aweandlorder said:

Yup I questioned that as well.. but alot of it is scattered about even though the sellers were all quite knowledgeable about what they had so he doesnt expect there to be an IH181 in the wild, but he did find two FF48s which werent even mentioned when he bought these so im sure he will come across more surprises as these are unpacked. 

not to pry too much

when the seller is knowledgeable.... did your friend the buyer still get a "deal", I'm just not sure how I'd price a collection like this to make an offer...... I guess it depends on the seller and context of the sale etc. but am just trying to learn :) 

I didn't realize that he hadn't unpacked everything! Cool! 

2 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

not to pry too much

when the seller is knowledgeable.... did your friend the buyer still get a "deal", I'm just not sure how I'd price a collection like this to make an offer...... I guess it depends on the seller and context of the sale etc. but am just trying to learn :) 

I didn't realize that he hadn't unpacked everything! Cool! 

3 deals totals. almost 5k spent. 3 different sellers... The Silver Age seller was in dialog with the buyer for awhile but was pricing it high and suddenly texted the buyer that "its time to let it go"... He was in and out in 2 hours, not even looking at the books (he lives the next town over) they exchanged 2 grands and the rest is history...

The other deals im not too sure about yet. But theres no denying he had a very good week

13 minutes ago, Aweandlorder said:

3 deals totals. almost 5k spent. 3 different sellers... The Silver Age seller was in dialog with the buyer for awhile but was pricing it high and suddenly texted the buyer that "its time to let it go"... He was in and out in 2 hours, not even looking at the books (he lives the next town over) they exchanged 2 grands and the rest is history...

The other deals im not too sure about yet. But theres no denying he had a very good week

Sweet! I appreciate the details, sometimes it takes money to make money! :banana: No wonder I wouldn't run into that kind of score haha, but it's fun to know it's possible!

SOME DAY :wishluck: 

7 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Some small $3 books from the used bookstore....

Remember when ragman was being bought at cons? Hahaha

20200229_114400.jpg

20200229_114411.jpg

I found half a dozen Ragman #1's a year or so back - they sold very well and for a suprisingly good price (for the book obvs)

You'll do OK out of both of those mate!

Edited by Beige
spelling

4 minutes ago, Beige said:

I found half a dozen Ragman #1's a year or so back - they sold very well and for a suprisingly good price (for the book obvs)

You'll do OK out of both of those mate!

Thanks! They also had Red Sonja #2-5 for $3 a piece, but it seemed pricey after adding all that up, they also had Ragman #2.....

I could buy them, I don't like to be the person that "only took the #1's" lol 

21 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Thanks! They also had Red Sonja #2-5 for $3 a piece, but it seemed pricey after adding all that up, they also had Ragman #2.....

I could buy them, I don't like to be the person that "only took the #1's" lol 

Nah, just buy #1 - if they have more than 1 copy, buy them all!

Easy $10 - $20 book here in OZ Sir! :banana:

On 2/23/2020 at 12:24 PM, Erndog said:

Finally got to meet up with a local guy to check out his original owner collection. Real nice guy... Had quite a few key books, just too bad they were in mostly "place holder/reader" type of shape.  

20200223_133848.jpg

did you buy these or pass on them?

After that interlude of really good stuff - back to my normal drek

One spinner rack missing its top, pulled out of a tip. Not old, probably 1970/80's but FREE!

Suitably adorned with garbage books and now I just need to find someone local to make a repro top - coz I ain't paying $500+ for one!

Did I mention it was free and in a tip?  :banana::banana:

stand.thumb.jpeg.039ebbd89ab7385c91596366e251c228.jpeg

Edited by Beige

44 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

Not comix, but I expect some boardies will dig these. Picked up a nice little collection of pocket sized 50's men's mags today. The Show with the Bettie cover is a keeper for the personal collection along with the Photo, which has a Bunny Yeager Jungle Bettie feature. Should do well with the rest, the Marilyn Monroe Bold should pay for the lot. Love the ads on these.

IMG_0503.JPG

IMG_0504.JPG

IMG_0505.JPG

IMG_0536.JPG

IMG_0537.JPG

IMG_0538.JPG

IMG_0539.JPG

IMG_0540.JPG

IMG_0541.JPG

IMG_0542.JPG

Cool find. I usually grab these when I can find them cheap. They always sell pretty fast. Congrats!

21 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Cool find. I usually grab these when I can find them cheap. They always sell pretty fast. Congrats!

Thank you sir! I'm the same, they're hard to pass up for a couple bucks a piece. 

I doubt I have ever paid more than a buck apiece. Maybe $5 or a little less for Paige, Monroe or Mansfield. They are usually found in groups. 

Old “girly mags” are actually still pretty easy to find. Like old Dell comics, they sold well and people hung on to them. Playboys are everywhere even back into the late ‘50’s. Who, other than your mom ever threw them away?